Help me correct bass

Minidsp may help ..but for your situation, I feel don't be in hurry, Adjust the delays ( distance ) of sub in your AVR settings and see any possible improvement in response. Also XTZ has variable phase settings ,do try out that and measure each ,hope u can get better response.
Ok guess it’s time to order a mini dsp then. Does it come with the cable u need to connect with avr or needs to be purchased separately
Also do LCR measurements and integrate well with Sub in the Xover reagion .This will make huge improvement.

No maybe. I can guarantee you that it will. Or I'll take the minidsp off your hands, no questions asked.
Hahah sure.
You will need one extra RCA cable to connect from subwoofer1 preout on AVR to minidsp 2by4hd input & existing 2 subwoofer cables will go to output of the device. You get a micro-usb cable along with the minidsp
Ok can I use a subwoofer cable?
Minidsp may help ..but for your situation, I feel don't be in hurry, Adjust the delays ( distance ) of sub in your AVR settings and see any possible improvement in response. Also XTZ has variable phase settings ,do try out that and measure each ,hope u can get better response.

Also do LCR measurements and integrate well with Sub in the Xover reagion .This will make huge improvement.
ok sure I’ll experiment before I take a call. Just that the first attempt was a failure and guess that’s how it is for every one.

Hahah sure.

Ok can I use a subwoofer cable?

ok sure I’ll experiment before I take a call. Just that the first attempt was a failure and guess that’s how it is for every one.

Yup if you have an extra subwoofer cable that should be enough, that's a rca cable itself

Minidsp may help ..but for your situation, I feel don't be in hurry, Adjust the delays ( distance ) of sub in your AVR settings and see any possible improvement in response.

Does his AVR have the ability to set individual distances for the 2 subwoofers? If not, he needs a minidsp to get his 2 subs to play nicer with each other. No question about it.

Just to be absolutely clear: His AVR allows for one distance to be set for sub 1 and another distance to be set for sub 2?
Yup , it does. I can confirm as I have the same variant of the AVR, however audyssey does a very bad job of setting the distances (sets it as 10meters in my case). But yes you can play around with the setting to identify the differences in measurement.

Yup , it does.

That's nice.

I can confirm as I have the same variant of the AVR, however audyssey does a very bad job of setting the distances (sets it as 10meters in my case).

Audyssey doesn't set physical distances, but what it calculates to be the right "acoustical distance". However, one isn't tied to those distances. Simply change the distance settings (typically to add delay to the closer sub) and see how it goes.

Yes.I'm sure .L4s you can reconfirm it

Cool. Then, the only reason to abandon Audyssey is because it EQ's each sub individually. So, bypass Audyssey but take advantage of the AVR's individual distance settings for subs and see whether the combined response (before EQ) gets better. IME (and that of pretty much anyone that has done this), it should.

That's nice.

Audyssey doesn't set physical distances, but what it calculates to be the right "acoustical distance". However, one isn't tied to those distances. Simply change the distance settings (typically to add delay to the closer sub) and see how it goes.
So if I am using Minidsp to set this up, ideally should I set the distance to be 0 ?

Yeah the avr has individual bass management. For now I left the calibration and going to take a pause and use the HT as it is for sometime.Running rew causes some discomfort to my ears so I decided to get mini dsp and have some one come home when the corona situation is in control again and do the calibration at normal volume levels. Once calibrated I can reduce the volume to my comfort level and use the HT. Mini dsp will help save time for the fm who is going to help me with the calibration as well.

So if I am using Minidsp to set this up, ideally should I set the distance to be 0 ?
Adding second sub should add +3db ideally to the output of first Sub
When you get individual Sub's FR .. changing Phase/Delay (if done in right direction) should show the addition of 1-3db in overall output of combined FR. Therefore while setting Phase/Delay you should select the point where combined response of both Subs is louder than individual.

In thread here - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/minidsp-various-models-features-reg.78599/ ,
my finding was, correction positioning of Subs is MUCH more result oriented than any PEQ filters.
MiniDSP may not help to lift up really dead dips but it may efficiently cut some peaks.

For the dips, you will have to deal with changing sub's location in the Room otherwise you may miss out hearing some very impressive frequency ranges specially when your listening level is not too loud.

When you get individual Sub's FR .. changing Phase/Delay (if done in right direction) should show the addition of 1-3db in overall output of combined FR. Therefore while setting Phase/Delay you should select the point where combined response of both Subs is louder than individual.

Yup , did the same in minidsp. What I meant to ask was towards AVR settings for distance, should it be 0 or at actuals. @liverpool_for_life has recommended keeping this at actual distance to start with.

Yup , did the same in minidsp. What I meant to ask was towards AVR settings for distance, should it be 0 or at actuals. @liverpool_for_life has recommended keeping this at actual distance to start with.
In most cases the right values are few feet more then the actual distance so it’s best to start with the actual distance

As you say, ideally.

Therefore while setting Phase/Delay you should select the point where combined response of both Subs is louder than individual.

While added output is nice, I'd recommend choosing the distance setting that results in the fewest dips in the combined response.

As you say, ideally.

While added output is nice, I'd recommend choosing the distance setting that results in the fewest dips in the combined response.
Yup focus is on reducing dips, I see that Minidsp does a good job of trimming peaks and if I can get rid of the dip around 58-62 somehow (which is around 5-6 db) then nothing like it. But even with the current curve I have obtained the improvement is clearly noticeable vs when using them independently with audyssey corrections .

It has to be actual because that setting is related to delay between all the speakers, after MiniDSP your multiple subs shall act as one "virtual sub" and the distance/delay shall most probably be equated to integrate them with the Mains.

Infact REW has another Tool to find accurate delay required between Virtual Sub and FR+FL
It suggests a number that you need to add or reduce from the delay you see in AVR post Audessey.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back