HELP ME SELECT;B&W 684/MS Mezzo 6/MA RX 6/AV 5.1 setup

pechetti

Hi guys,

I am a very confused man.intially i started with a budget of 1.0L for a HT setup. with that budget i was advised to go for a Wharfe diamond 9 series setup. (what should i buy/HT set up)
Then i started reading the various threads and posts. slowly i got sucked into the Hi Fi world.
I started going through different websites of the manufacturers. i came to learn about the speakers, their charactors and that each speaker is different even in the same series.
It was at this time that i decided to up my budget to 2.0L - 2.5L(stretching my self to the limit). Now at this budget i have too many choices. its not practically possible for me to audition all of them.

I went through the what hi-fi website and read their reviews. based on their reviews i have short listed some.
Monitor Audio Rx6 AV12(2.40L final from audio people Chennai)
B&W 684,686,HTM62,ASW610(2.13L from audio vision MUMBAI)
Mordaunt short Mezzo 6,5,1,9 (1.96L from SBT hyd)

I also read some good reviews about DALI ZENSOR,DALI IKON 6,TANNOY revolution signature 5.1 set up.

You can understand how confused i am who has just baby stepped into the gigantic world of HI-FI.

Please help me find a suitable set up.

ALSO suggest an suitable AV reciever to go with that.
Even in AV recievers there are bright and warm!!

For MA RX6 the audio people have suggested Marantz 6006 or Pioneer 1021
For MS Mezzo they have suggested Denon 3312 or Marantz 6006.

Fortunately i will be visiting singapore every 10days (FYI I am in shipping)
This time i plan to audition based on your suggestions.

All Hifians please dont wait.!!HELP ME!! hold my hand and guide me. this is something which i shall cherish all my life.

thanks in advance
pechetti

I would suggest you to audition all the possible brands within your budget before you put down your money. Don't be in a hurry for a purchase you want to cherish.

Singapore is cheaper for most of the brands. If shipping and warranty is not an issue to you.

U got the same dilemma as mine. I started looking for review of pioneer speaker set before I was gone to far and getting even more confused.

This is my short listed speaker, the mezzo series and B&W 600 series.

Mezzo has very high reputation but it's has been discontinued. I don't know if I can get it before its no more available, price wise more affordable than the B&W 600 series. B&W is the branded and its 800 diamond series is among the 25 ultimate audiophile speakers of all time. The price of B&W 684 can Mezzo 6 + Mezzo 5. B&W 600 tweeter look too open and can easily push not like Mezzo the tweeter is house covered IMO. Mezzo use magnetic grill cover can easily be removed and/or reattached as desired.

U got the same dilemma as mine. I started looking for review of pioneer speaker set before I was gone to far and getting even more confused.

This is my short listed speaker, the mezzo series and B&W 600 series.

Mezzo has very high reputation but it's has been discontinued. I don't know if I can get it before its no more available, price wise more affordable than the B&W 600 series. B&W is the branded and its 800 diamond series is among the 25 ultimate audiophile speakers of all time. The price of B&W 684 can Mezzo 6 + Mezzo 5. B&W 600 tweeter look too open and can easily push not like Mezzo the tweeter is house covered IMO. Mezzo use magnetic grill cover can easily be removed and/or reattached as desired.

cheers

dont search for an entire system in one shot. first search for main speakers and center channel. later you can buy subwoofer and rears, these dont really need to match with the fronts and you can mix and match.

Don't you think at this stage it would be more productive if you could share the room dimensions in which you plan to set this HT up?

I think IMO either of these speaker will fill the room the same performance as long as the spec are almost same..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back