Help needed from Video editing gurus

arnprasad

Hi,

last week I spent a week in Spiti and have some decent 1080p footage that I want to edit for family and friends and burn on a dvd.

Since the place is pretty desolate and most dont know where it is, before every video of a new place or a road, I want to show a map so that people can relate to it.

For example..say I went from Bangalore to Gette - the last point on my journey via Delhi- Simla - Recongk Peo - Kazaa - Ki- Gette. I have two options on how to go about it:

(1) Use google maps/earth and fly around from Bangalore to Gette - kind of birds eye view of flight. I dont know how it is done..but I have seen news channels do this typically during natural disasters or when Osama was killed - when they went from Islamabad to Abottabad using Google maps/earth - anyone knows how this is done?

(2) I create my own map of India for the places I visited - may be using photoshop or some image software and then when I am showing video from say Kazaa to Ki - I zoom in on this map to show people I am going from Kazaa to Ki.

Not sure what I am writing above is clear and makes sense - I am just looking for some advice to show my journey on a map for few seconds before I actually show the video.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx

I have Sony Vegas Platinum and Cyberlink Power editor. Can download any other software if needed.

Thx in advance for all your help!:clapping:

imovie has amazing city by city transition effect if you are on a mac,but for PC you can take still image off google earth and try zooming in,should work fine

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back