Help needed (Urgent) 51F5500 or 51H4900?

agriz

Hi

I have booked for 51F5500 and i have to go confirm this now.
Showroom is calling me to book that model.

My friend yesterday said that 51H4900 is better thn 51F5500.
The F models are using Pentile Panels. I don't know about that.

Should i change the model or Is it okay to go with F model?

F model costs 68.8K
H model Costs 57K

Please suggest.
I have to confirm this now.

go for 51F5500 which has got a resolution of 1920x1080 against 1024x768 in H

Thanks. Order has been processed. I will get the TV tomorrow or monday :)
I bought it using EMI.

Power consumption for F8500 is heavy otherwise, i would have bought it. I am still worrying F5500 uses lot of power comparing with H4900

@agriz; waiting to hear from you about your F5500 experience.
How much was the final price, and did you get additional warranty?
How is the picture quality of different channels?
Thanks.

@agriz; waiting to hear from you about your F5500 experience.
How much was the final price, and did you get additional warranty?
How is the picture quality of different channels?
Thanks.

68K was the final price. You can easily get this television for less price.
SD channels are not good.
HD and 3D is good.

It is not best tv. I would say it is an average tv.
It is small in my hall. But i dont have money to go with bigger television.

I am using cable. I will update after i started to use DTH.
But I am sure SD will not good on this TV.

IR is really bad. I tried to watch videos in youtube. It got struck at the youtube logo for few mins. So, I canceled to retry. But The logo was visible when i change channels.

I am running the break in slides for few hours everyday night.
I don't have money to go with F8500. But i bet it would be the best plasma tv.

If you need any more information, Just let me know.

agriz, at one post you said you can't go for F8500 due to power consumption. This does not make sense as the power bill would never more than 100-200 rs per month. So if you can afford a TV costong ~2 laks, then why would 100rs per month bill deter you.

F5100 is not the best TV, but did you any other choice at 70k & 50inch which could trump this in PQ? Please elaborate what you are not liking in this TV - the PQ, as in any other TV, is strongly dependent on source quality. So please play some 1080p (or even 720p) videos, and then check.

agriz, at one post you said you can't go for F8500 due to power consumption. This does not make sense as the power bill would never more than 100-200 rs per month. So if you can afford a TV costong ~2 laks, then why would 100rs per month bill deter you.

F5100 is not the best TV, but did you any other choice at 70k & 50inch which could trump this in PQ? Please elaborate what you are not liking in this TV - the PQ, as in any other TV, is strongly dependent on source quality. So please play some 1080p (or even 720p) videos, and then check.

Really really disappointed :(
I could have easily bought 64F8500 if the power bill wont be more than 500 per month. :(

TV will run for atleast 10 hours per day in my home.

As deep_g rightly pointed out the source matters a lot. Your PQ is inferior because the source is cable. You can't expect "out of the world" PQ in any TV feeding cable. I think this is the first time I am hearing someone disappointed with the PQ of 51F5500.! All the users praised for its PQ compared to similary/higher priced LCD-LEDs.

Btw didn't you demo in showroom before the purchase?

I will switch to dish. Please recommend one.
I watched a 3D documentary about space.

I really enjoyed a lot. It is super 3D quality.
I will comment after using dish

Thanks for the advice

Really happy with 5500 even after more than a year now.. great piece of TV. Don't judge it with cable input.

Regarding DTH, D2H is a good option, considering cost and channel nos etc. But interface wise it is not really great. Also it does not support Anynet-CEC. That way Tatasky is much better but quite costly compared to D2H. I have switched to D2H due to the cost factor, like many in this forum.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back