Help on 5.1 channel home theatre set-up.

Prabhu S

Hey folks - my first thread here. am lookin for 5.1 speaker system and AVR in bangalore. Budget 35K :p

What i want is ;
- HT system, should effectively handle music also
- 80% of the time would be usin for Movies.

Need some guidance here folks.

Thanks
Prabhu

Some models you should look for are Onkyo 3400, Denon 1312XP and Yamaha 296. All are within your budget.

As was suggested to me couple of years ago (and boy i am glad that i listened :) ) ..when budget is a constrain and unless you have a v v strong reason,its highly recommended to start with 2 speakers+AVR than compromise on sound quality. You may look at wharfedale (9.1 or 9.2)+Denon(1611,1612) (or whichever other models fit your budget).

I started with denon 1610+wharf 9.2 and eventually kept adding remaining pieces - wharf CS central channel, JBL surrounds and finally added the last piece - a sub - wharf SW150 recently and I am supper happy with my decision :)

Thanks Guys,

I agree i don't want to compromise on quality. Other then wharfedale (9.1 or 9.2)+Denon(1611,1612). Onkyo or Pioneer or Yamaha.? suggest some model which are good in their range.

How about just Floor standing speaker, may I consider. what type of speakers gives the best Clarity and depth in overall music. Definitely Satellite speaker don't give them on the whole.

If you could suggest what is the best combination to get the best surround sound with clarity and depth. I have about 10 X 15 sqft room.

Some best place to buys them at a good price.

looking forward...

avink is right in saying that a better AVR + good bookshelfs will give better sound quality but, although this is a good strategy... generally the fun in watching movies comes from the surround sound. if you feel that upgrades will take long.... life is too short! go ahead and enjoy that 5 channel surround sound... the HTiBs from Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha are quite enjoyable too...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back