Help Required in buying Philips 42PFL5555/V7 LED TV review

drmkraja

I am looking to purchase a 42" LED to be used as Computer Monitor
Is it worthy for Rs 60000/- any body have a experience on it (Philips 42PFL5555/V7 LED TV)

Please help decide the best model under Rs 60000/-

Philips 42PFL5555/V7
for 60000/-
incuding follwing gifts

Videocon D2H 3D Set Top Box
and
fijifilm av 200 digital camera

is sound good

Thoshiba LED 40 inch is available for 40-45K. please check. IMO thoshiba is more reliable than philips.

Read this - Philips not even able to continue the disvision and sold it to chinese.........

Philips offloads TV division to Chinese joint venture to head off losses | whathifi.com

Philips offloads TV division to Chinese joint venture to head off losses
18 Apr 2011

Philips 21:9 TV

Falling profits have forced Philips to move its television production into a joint venture with a Chinese company. Under the deal, the Dutch company will effectively give up control of TV manufacturing, having a stake in the new joint venture of just 30%.

TPV will control the operation and licence the Philips brand name to use on the TVs it manufactures.

The company's TV division has long been a problem: in common with other major consumer electronics companies, Philips has been struggling to make TVs make money, and resolving the situation was one of the priorities for its new President and CEO, Frans van Houten.

TPV Technology plant

The deal, with China-based TPV Technology (above), is seen by Philips as the solution to the problem, and follows the company's decision a couple of years back to licence its brand to Japanese company Funai, which now makes Philips TVs for the North American market.

It already has a similar deal with TPV for TVs desitined for the Chinese market, and a licencing arrangment with Videocom in India.

The deal now means Philips is completely out of the TV business, and its brand will only appear on TVs made by other companies.

The Philips statement says that 'we strongly believe that the intended 30% / 70% joint venture with TPV that was announced today will enable a return to profitability for the Television business, and an increased portfolio focus for Philips in health and well-being.

'Philips has been active in the TV industry for many decades and the long-term strategic partnership with TPV shows our commitment to the continuity of Philips televisions for our consumers and trade partners.

'The joint venture leverages the innovation and brand strength of Philips with the scale and manufacturing strength of TPV. Philips will receive a deferred purchase price and brand license income as part of the agreement.

'We expect certain costs in relation to the separation which will impact short-term earnings.'

TV market analysts DisplaySearch point out that, while Philips had over 10% of the European LCD TV market last year, in global terms it had a market share of just 3.8%.

Its 3.7% share of the 3D TV market was, however, enough to put it in fifth place worldwide in that market sector.

70% of the panels for Philips TVs came from LG Display, which which Philips used to have a joint venture in Korea (later bought out by LG). The remaining 30% were sourced from Sharp.

TPV was listed on the Hong Kong and Singapore stock exchanges in 1999, and the company acquired part of Philips' monitor and flatscreen TV business in 2005.

It's the world's leading manufacturer of OEM LCD TVs ie those made to be bought by other companies and sold under their brandnames and produces TVs for more than 25 brands worldwide.

The company expects to produce more than 18m LCD TVs this year, and has joint ventures with panel and TV manufacturers including LG Display and BenQ-owned AU Optronics.

It says 'we have emerged as the largest monitor maker in the world, and command a strong position in the People's Republic of China (PRC) market.'

Trading in TPV shares was suspended on the Hong Kong stock exchange ahead of the announcement.

TPV TV manufacturing

@drmkraja,

stop armchair research and enter the field. visit as many shops as possible with a USB full of your favourite movies / clips and watch yourself. Each have its own advantages and disadvantages. Select the one you find suitable for your purpose and budget. Ask for opinions of other forum members on the model(s) you selected. In that way you will get faster and better result.

@drmkraja,

stop armchair research and enter the field. visit as many shops as possible with a USB full of your favourite movies / clips and watch yourself. Each have its own advantages and disadvantages. Select the one you find suitable for your purpose and budget. Ask for opinions of other forum members on the model(s) you selected. In that way you will get faster and better result.

Thanks for all the answers but I am getting confused with all the answers some are suggesting.
I guess I will do that but I still need to decide on the model.
In show room they are irresponsible for answer the huge questions!
Please help decide the best model

Thanks for all the answers but I am getting confused with all the answers some are suggesting.
I guess I will do that but I still need to decide on the model.
In show room they are irresponsible for answer the huge questions!
Please help decide the best model

We cannot recommend any model as best. Each have its own cons and pros. That is why so much models in the market.
You must answer yourself some basic questions. These questions are discussed in detail in many threads in this forum.

1. What is your budget?. Check for models within your budget in online sites.

2. Size of the TV?. Based on your budget and the viewing distance chart available in this fourm.

3. If selected size is more than 42 inch:
a. LCD /LED or plasma ?
b. Full HD or HD ready ?
c. 3D required ?, if yes, active 3D or passive 3D ?

4. What additional features are required : HDMI connections , USB play back, sound etc.
5. Short list some or all models and seek demo of them. All models many not be available in single showroom. Take some time to form your opinion. If you do not have sample demo videos, ask them to show DTH / cable, to check how the TV handle real life signals. The showroom demos will always perfect.

6. After these steps pinpoint one or two models and ask for opinions here.

It is better not to ask many questions to the showroom people except price and warranty terms. With so many TVs on display no sales person can remember all the technical details.

Last edited:
Now almost decided to buy Toshiba Regza 40PS10ZE !!!

also cheap as 49,990 Rs. at croma in chennai ?

any other option?

they contact by phone @ the rate of 48,500/ with
usb 4gb
and
Videocon D2H 3D Set Top Box
Iam not interested to buy online.
which HDMI CABLE is suitable for this tv ?

Last edited:
fulfil my need as a monitor
ps10.gif

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back