HFV Pune meet

OBSERVATIONS:
:D FIRST TRACK PLAYED IN HONOR OF THE BOSE WAS BHAG D.K. BOSE :lol: I THINK THAT CAUGHT OUT 1 & ALL IN THE AUDIENCE AS THIS SUDDENLY SHUT THE CHATTER UP FOLLOWED BY PEELS OF LAUGHTER :eek:hyeah:
SINCE BOSE DOES NOT DECLARE ANY SPECS OF THEIR PRODUCTS, WE SHALL CONTINUE IN THE SAME VEIN & KEEP SILENCE :indifferent:
MAYBE THE OWNER OF THE 301S WILL SHARE HIS VIEWS :rolleyes:

MY VIEW: EVERYTHING MINUS THE SPEAKERS WERE BADLY INSULTED ;)

:)

So the owner of this speaker intention is to create wave against Bose:p Once again bose is proved that it can only "pose" in Living room;)

Yup looks like you guy's had great time.

Looks like Pune also trounced the AP combo.(any way they are hype)

Which product is that in alumunium enclosure?

Oak

Anywhere you have heard the AP combo's to comment on the same ??:lol:

Last edited:
Denom,

Prices for a new AP Swara Pre and Pro are about 40K each.
They were on sale around Diwali for Rs 37K

The reference AP Thiyaga amps are in the Rs 80k - 90k range.

denom - TEAC ka kuch review daalo na.

mpw

Sabar ka phal meetha hotaa hai, thoda prateeksha keejeeyay :p

Denom,

Prices for a new AP Swara Pre and Pro are about 40K each.
They were on sale around Diwali for Rs 37K

The reference AP Thiyaga amps are in the Rs 80k - 90k range.

Thanks Nikhil, in that case my price info on the AP combo is correct & hence do not need to change the same in the Data Compilation related to the AP Demo.

Dave, I am sure it is 56k for the combo! OTOH, the top end PM 1 would alone come to 60k thereabouts.

Yes IAudio, you are right.
Yes Dave, the price is for the total combo (pre + power). The prices of new Swara Pre + Power have gone up since I got the amps, as another forum member rightly suggested (Have'nt been tracking the prices :) ) They were also available on ebay I guess and then the total price was 74k when I got mine. Now the prices may have gone up. I dont know exact price right now. Mine are exactly same as new ones except the fancy looks and mine are with the stepped volume control (supposedly better) rest all is exactly same. So sonically they are the same is what I have been told.

Thanks!

i missed the meet :mad: maybe next time. good job Denom with taking the lead and making the event successful. :clapping:

@srinisundar

My comments are based on my home audition along with full line of audiolab products. This has been stated earlier in some ap thread.

@captrajesh

Your statement saying ap can produce at given budget is slightly off logic, can you describe more about it.

@denom

Sure you are doing a good job. But you are still amateur. Your writeup is messy, simply, you have used CAPITALS entire write up with too many emoticons either insulting a product or synergy, readability is also issue.
In a review you also need to stop using Hindi lingo in English.

On final note.
You have garbaged BOSE, mind you they might not be good for stereo, but for a HT they are class. They sell more than what you reviewed.

Oak

DEMO NO.21

SOURCE: MARANTZ SA7003
AMP: PASS B1 PRE / EMOTIVA USP-1 + ELECTROCOMPANIET AW-120 POWER (COST: 2L BACK IN THE DAY)
SPEAKERS: PROAC 140
CABLES: WSS ICS + VDH SPEAKER CABLES + SOMMER SPEAKER CABLES (PRO AC)

OBSERVATIONS:
WE DID A COMPARO BETWEEN THE 2 PRE AMPS, PAIRED TO THE ELECTROCOMPANIET POWER AMP. IT WAS 50-50 BETWEEN THE AUDIENCE W R T THEIR PREF ON THE PRE AMPS. EITHER WAYS THE SYNERGY WITH THE REST OF THE CHAIN WAS SUPERB!

MY VIEW:
PASS B1 PRE WAS FOUND MORE OF AN ALLROUNDER, WHILST EMOTIVA WAS GOOD FOR ROCK & ROLL, POP. IN SHORT BOTH ARE EQUALLY GOOD, JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT THE END USER WANTS TO FOCUS MORE ON IN HIS SET-UP.

DEMO NO.22

SOURCE: MARANTZ SA7003 / AUDIO GD-19 DAC (COST:35K BACK IN THE DAY, DISCONTINUED MODEL NOW)
AMP: PASS B1 PRE + ELECTROCOMPANIET AW-120 POWER
CABLES: WSS ICS + VDH SPEAKER CABLES + CO-AXIAL(FORGET WHICH MAKE) + SOMMER SPEAKER CABLES

OBSERVATIONS:
IDEA WAS TO COMPARE THE DACS OF THE MARANTZ SA7003 CDP & THE STAND ALONE AUDIO GD-19 DAC. TURNED OUT TO BE REAL CLOSE AS WE DID NOT FIND ANY NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2, EVEN IN BLIND TESTING. EITHER WAYS IT WAS LIKED BY MAJORITY OF THE AUDIENCE.

MY VIEW: SURPRISINGLY SAME SOUND SIGNATURE FROM BOTH MARANTZ SA7003 CDP & AUDIO GD-19 DAC WAS A :eek:

POST DEMO NO.22 WE DECIDED TO DO A DAC A/B BETWEEN THE AUDIO GD-19 & TEAC UD-H01, WHILST USING THE MARANTZ SA7003 AS TRANSPORT, RESULTS OF WHICH ARE IN DEMO NO.23

DEMO NO.23

SOURCE: TEAC UD-HO1 (COST: 25.5K) / AUDIO GD-19 + MARANTZ (USED AS TRANSPORT)
AMP: EMOTIVA USP-1 PRE + ROTEL RB-06 MONO BLOCK POWER AMPS
CABLES: WSS ICS + AUDIOQUEST OPTICAL + SOMMER SPEAKER CABLES

OBSERVATIONS:
AUDIO GD-19 INDUCED MORE SIZZLE & PUNCH TO THE MUSIC, WHILST THE TEAC UD-H01 PROVIDED MORE OF A NEUTRAL PRESENTATION. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE AUDIENCE LIKED THE AUDIO GD-19S PERFORMANCE MORE.

MY VIEW: BOTH ARE GOOD DACS, DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, MY NOD FOR THE TEAC AS I DO NOT LIKE ADDED TADKA ;)
BY NOW THE AUDIENCE HAD THINNED OUT QUITE A BIT ALONG WITH THE GEARS LEFT, SO WE DECIDED TO BRING BACK THE STUFF WE THOUGHT WE SHOULD GIVE ANOTHER SHOT. WE STARTED WITH THE PIONEER SP BS41LR SPEAKERS, FOLLOWED BY HARI IYERS KRYPTON AUDIO K-100 B TL(KEVLAR CONED) SPEAKERS, RESULTING IN DEMO NOS.24 & 25

DEMO NO.24

SOURCE: TEAC UD-H01 / AUDIO GD-19 + MARANTZ (USED AS TRANSPORT)
SPEAKERS: PIONEER SP BS41LR

OBSERVATIONS:
SINCE FOCUS WAS ON THE PIONEERS, ALL LEFT IN AUDIENCE APPRECIATED THE SPEAKERS EVEN MORE THAN EARLIER. WITH MORE POWER, THE PIONEER SPEAKERS SHINED MORE RESULTING IN VERY GOOD OVERALL SYNERGY.

MY VIEW: MORE POWER IS ALWAYS GOOD & HERE IT WAS PROVED ONCE AGAIN. THE PIONEERS RELISHED THE ROTEL MONO BLOCKS & LAPPED UP ALL THEY HAD TO OFFER., RESULTING IN TOTAL AMAZEMENT OF WHAT THESE SPEAKERS(CHEAP IN PRICE) CAN DO WITH GOOD CLEAN POWER. ADMIRATION FOR THE PIONEERS GREW EVEN MORE :clapping:

DEMO NO.25

SOURCE: TEAC UD-HO1 / AUDIO GD-19 + MARANTZ (USED AS TRANSPORT)
SPEAKERS: KRYPTON K-100 B TLS(KEVLAR CONED)

OBSERVATIONS:
ACTUALLY I DUNNO AS BY NOW HAD STARTED TO WHET MY THROAT WITH SINGLE MALT & STOPPED PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT THE FEW IN THE AUDIENCE WERE SAYING. ME THINKS THEY WERE ALSO PRE-OCCUPIED WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE POISONS:lol:
HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL REMEMBER WHAT THEY LIKED/DISLIKED & CHIME IN. SPIRO/SONOSPHERE/THECOOLESTONE & ANY OTHER TEATOTALLER CAN PLS FILL IN THE BLANKS ;)
THANKS IN ADVANCE :p

MY VIEW: I ONLY SAW THE CONES OF THE SPEAKERS GO NUTS & THATS ABOUT IT :eek:hyeah:

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS. PUNE MEET 2012 DATA COMPILATION DONE & DUSTED FROM MY END. HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED READING IT AS MUCH AS I HATED TYPING ALL OF IT :p

Last edited:
@denom

Sure you are doing a good job. But you are still amateur. Your writeup is messy, simply, you have used CAPITALS entire write up with too many emoticons either insulting a product or synergy, readability is also issue.
In a review you also need to stop using Hindi lingo in English.

On final note.
You have garbaged BOSE, mind you they might not be good for stereo, but for a HT they are class. They sell more than what you reviewed.

Oak

Who forced you to read if you believe the write up is messy? I think he has used capital letters because he has to mention about so many brand names and using Sentence Case everywhere will be quite difficult. When we were enjoying music, he has taken pains to note down the gear model nos, the reactions of other members and spent his valuable time on posting them on the forum along with his views for the benefit of others. If I may ask, how many such critical reviews have you done that runs into so many words?

Why we must hesitate to call a spade a spade. After all its an opinion everyone is entitled to give. How it can be considered as an insult. This is a stereo performance review and BOSE IS garbage, even for movies. I dare to say because I have heard it many times and compared with other systems costing much lower. This is our opinion. If you feel its great, you can write good about it. Nobody stops you.

<...snip>Sure you are doing a good job. But you are still amateur. Your writeup is messy, simply, you have used CAPITALS entire write up with too many emoticons either insulting a product or synergy, readability is also issue.
In a review you also need to stop using Hindi lingo in English.<snip...>
You are right about the CAPS thing. I wanted to post about that too but then thought - why be petty and nit-pick when he has gone through so much trouble to document things and then pen down a review. If not for him we might never have known what transpired at the meet.

But I'm going to nit-pick now:
But you are still amateur.
This should be written as "But you are still an amateur" OR "Your writing is like an amateur"
So, where did Denom claim that he is a professional critic or writer?

Your writeup is messy, simply, you have used CAPITALS entire write up with too many emoticons either insulting a product or synergy, readability is also issue.
"simply"?????? Did you mean "simbly"? What is "simple" or "simble" in Denom's write-up?

"used CAPITALS entire write up" - This should be written as "used CAPITALS throughout the entire write-up"

too many emoticons either insulting a product or synergy
Do educate us how emoticons would "insult" a "product" or "synergy". I'm particularly interested in how to insult "synergy" with emoticons. Here's one - :D

readability is also issue
This should be written as "readability is also an issue"

In a review you also need to stop using Hindi lingo in English
Would you rather like him writing in Hindi? All you need to do is ask.
---------------------------------------------------------
You want "professional" reviews? Go buy What Hi-Fi.

And, feel free to nit-pick my post :p

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back