Hi There!

dash90

I'm Dashrath. Currently pursuing mech. engg from Delhi. In 2nd year now.

Landed on this forum a few weeks back, as i was looking to get a CD player for my dad's ENBEE stereo system(zx80/zx1 amp/preamp setup+sentinel series speaker unit; purchased in '94) which was still under wraps until yesterday, when i finally got time and space to set it up after 4 years. Setting it up after all these years was an experience in itself.

Post setting up trauma:-
Firstly it did not play which i was expecting after this long period of hibernation. Later on after a few attempts it did but for 15-20 seconds only and that too only the left unit. Went silent after a fart. I guess it has a lot of issues that need to be sorted.

Coming straight to the point, I'm in need of someone/technician who can help with the repairs and maintenance of an ENBEE system. Im aware that Mr. Nakra has shut down his business (read on HFV itself). Or would it be advisable to directly contact Mr. Nakra himself? In that case can someone provide me his contact details?

I hope the in-house experts can advice/help me regarding this and please pardon my impatience to post this in an introduction thread for i could not make out where to post this. I would be more than happy to move this to an apt location.

Regards.

I'm Dashrath. Currently pursuing mech. engg from Delhi. In 2nd year now.

Landed on this forum a few weeks back, as i was looking to get a CD player for my dad's ENBEE stereo system(zx80/zx1 amp/preamp setup+sentinel series speaker unit; purchased in '94) which was still under wraps until yesterday, when i finally got time and space to set it up after 4 years. Setting it up after all these years was an experience in itself.

Post setting up trauma:-
Firstly it did not play which i was expecting after this long period of hibernation. Later on after a few attempts it did but for 15-20 seconds only and that too only the left unit. Went silent after a fart. I guess it has a lot of issues that need to be sorted.

Coming straight to the point, I'm in need of someone/technician who can help with the repairs and maintenance of an ENBEE system. Im aware that Mr. Nakra has shut down his business (read on HFV itself). Or would it be advisable to directly contact Mr. Nakra himself? In that case can someone provide me his contact details?

I hope the in-house experts can advice/help me regarding this and please pardon my impatience to post this in an introduction thread for i could not make out where to post this. I would be more than happy to move this to an apt location.

Regards.

Hello Dashrath,

Mr Nakra's contact number is (95) 120 2510067. He lives in Sec 17 of NOIDA.
He is an old man now, but does undertake support work for his old customers.He will certainly help you. All likelihood this number will be picked by his long serving man, his name is RamPrasad.

Cheers,

Pawan

Thanks Pawan and Hifiashok. I plan to call him up sometime this weekend. Will let you guys know how it goes. Just wish to get the system alive again.

Hello Everyone . I have joined the forum today and found this forum very useful in finding information on audio/video gadgets.

Hi
I'm new to this site and am really desperate!!
I've had an Enbee ZX 80 amplifier for the last 22 years and it's just died on me.
I gave it to a guy recommended to me by friends ( I live in Pondicherry) and he fiddled with it and returned it but it worked precisely 30 seconds till a loud humming noise started coming from one speaker. I took it back to the repair guy and he sat on it for a couple of weeks.

Picked it up again yesterday and he says he's changed the transistors but has no way of knowing the specs of the original transistors as the print on them is faded. He sounded pretty sure that it would blow up again and told me I should play it only at low volumes.

1. I'm now terrified of turning it on
2. I can't listen to music at low volumes
3.I'm slowly going into a depression

Does anyone here know which transistors this amp uses?? (I'm not ready to scrap it as I haven't heard anything yet that could replace it) or could someone suggest a place in Chennai who would be able to repair it for me

HELP!!!!!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back