HIFI dealers in CHENNAI.

Bumping up the old thread as I couldnt find any other thread related to dealers in Chennai... Anyone had any experience with Volumate ? They have opened a new branch in OMR which is close to my home. Want to know expert's opinion :)
Also, please recommend some other dealers as well so that I can go and audition. May be I might get a good deal.

Contact Mr. Ravi from cressida AV a very humble person who can always help you with your budget whatever it may be.

Oops. Then in that case I should be looking elsewhere. They should be catering to all budget folks..

Don't worry..They would.. You are not getting anything for free.. Walk-in as you should to demo/ take inputs.. It is upto the dealer to give you suggestions for any budget.. Come back & update us your experience and the suggestions received..

You got plenty of FM here, who can help you suggest a system even in tight budget..

Don't worry..They would.. You are not getting anything for free.. Walk-in as you should to demo/ take inputs.. It is upto the dealer to give you suggestions for any budget.. Come back & update us your experience and the suggestions received..

You got plenty of FM here, who can help you suggest a system even in tight budget..
I guess I need to get suggestions first from FM here before I go for demo.. My current Yamaha YSP2200 sound bar is dead and I am planning to start with a couple of bookshelf speakers (40k) for the front and an AV receiver (40k) due to budget & room constraints. Later on, I can add the remaining speakers & SW as and when I have money. Does it make sense to get center speaker now or can be added later as I will be watching movies mostly.

May be this is not the right thread to ask for suggestion. ;)

I am planning to start with a couple of bookshelf speakers (40k) for the front and an AV receiver (40k) due to budget

What if i said , you could complete a 5.1 set-up in your budget ;)..

May be this is not the right thread to ask for suggestion. ;)

Yes.. Open a new thread under "what should i buy", keep updating your auditions & get suggestions from FM too..

Bumping up the old thread as I couldnt find any other thread related to dealers in Chennai... Anyone had any experience with Volumate ? They have opened a new branch in OMR which is close to my home. Want to know expert's opinion :)
Also, please recommend some other dealers as well so that I can go and audition. May be I might get a good deal.

AV Lounge (Kilpauk) has opened a dealership in Velachery.

You can contact Mr. Venkat (owner of AV Lounge for more details).
Very knowledgeable, nice and a humble person.

He is the authorized distributor for some very good products like Xavian and Rosso Fiorentina speakers.and more.

His contact number is 944 436 9900.

AV Lounge (Kilpauk) has opened a dealership in Velachery.

You can contact Mr. Venkat (owner of AV Lounge for more details).
Very knowledgeable, nice and a humble person.

He is the authorized distributor for some very good products like Xavian and Rosso Fiorentina speakers.and more.

His contact number is 944 436 9900.
Thank you Kannan for your suggestion. However, I won't be able to afford those speakers.:confused:

I have already started auditioning at our Members home as suggested here before I go to any dealers. It's a wonderful experience. Got to know many members from Chennai.

Thank you Kannan for your suggestion. However, I won't be able to afford those speakers.:confused:

I have already started auditioning at our Members home as suggested here before I go to any dealers. It's a wonderful experience. Got to know many members from Chennai.

It is good you are auditioning many setups. Helps in choosing your gear within your targeted budget.. You are most welcome to listen to mine as well, which is a pretty low budget 2-channel setup.
It is just that my amp has gone for repairs and I should be getting it sometime this week. Do ping your number, we will keep in touch.

Regarding AV Lounge, there will no pressure to buy. Just get an experience of good 2-channel music. Venkat has many flavors. There are very few showrooms in Chennai that offer dedicated 2-channel music.

Cressida AV Zone is also a good place if you are on a tight budget. He too is not pushy and a nice gentleman.

It is good you are auditioning many setups. Helps in choosing your gear within your targeted budget.. You are most welcome to listen to mine as well, which is a pretty low budget 2-channel setup.
It is just that my amp has gone for repairs and I should be getting it sometime this week. Do ping your number, we will keep in touch.
Thank you Kannan for the invite. I'm happy to hear yours as well. Will PM you my number.

Regarding AV Lounge, there will no pressure to buy. Just get an experience of good 2-channel music. Venkat has many flavors. There are very few showrooms in Chennai that offer dedicated 2-channel music.
Will sure try out then.

Cressida AV Zone is also a good place if you are on a tight budget. He too is not pushy and a nice gentleman.
This one was recommended by many members as well. Guess its really a good one plus nearer to me comparatively.

Which set up you have (2 channel)?

Volumate OMR only by appointment. You will get a warm response only if you quote a fancy budget :D
Guys, Volumate OMR is by appointment because they primarily look at Mylapore office. He recently did my installation for just moving my existing equipment to another house for a very nominal fee. You can check with them for whatever budget you have.

Guys, Volumate OMR is by appointment because they primarily look at Mylapore office. He recently did my installation for just moving my existing equipment to another house for a very nominal fee. You can check with them for whatever budget you have.
Hi Indy. Which are the brands available for demo @ Volumate OMR ?

He had 2 setups. A budget 10 by 15 setup - Denon 1400 - JBL Arena 120 front and center and Control one for surround and atmos. The other one was a high end SVS setup with 2 rows of seating and panasonic anamorphic project (Curved cinematic screen).

Glad that you had a good experience, mine was not so.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back