Hifiberry digi+

Anyone looking for HiFiBerry Digi+/Dac+/cases - there is a 20% discount only for today (Nov/25) (on select boards/cases).

You need to enter the discount code HiFiBerry_black on checkout.

Details at -

https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/20-on-selected-hifiberry-boards-and-all-matching-cases

Btw, I ordered Digi+ transformer version just a week back - did not think that Swiss based company will have a Black Friday sale :sad:

Probably, a silly question, but since this is an i2s, does it really matter if I am using the HDMI output of the raspberry pi to my processor and use its DAC?

Probably, a silly question, but since this is an i2s, does it really matter if I am using the HDMI output of the raspberry pi to my processor and use its DAC?
I2s spdif of digi+ with external dac will be better than avr (when both are at same price point)

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

Anyone looking for HiFiBerry Digi+/Dac+/cases - there is a 20% discount only for today (Nov/25) (on select boards/cases).

You need to enter the discount code HiFiBerry_black on checkout.

Details at -

https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/20-on-selected-hifiberry-boards-and-all-matching-cases

Btw, I ordered Digi+ transformer version just a week back - did not think that Swiss based company will have a Black Friday sale :sad:
Thanks for the update. I already have digi+. It's sad that they are not offering similar discount on dac+ pro version.

Digi+ pro the stock itself is not available

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I was completely unaware of digi+ pro version. After reading your post I tried to search the same. I believe Hifiberry released this pro version for a short period of time. Now the digi+ pro is not even listed on their website.

Just found this thread:

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4065

Looks like either the hardware itself is buggy or popular rpi os does not support it.

Last edited:
I have raspberry pi 3 and I want to know if I can go for Digi+ and connect my audiolab 8200cd with coaxial, since the coaxial on audiolab supports 192khz.

I see that the USB and optical are limited to 96khz only. will Digi+ fit my pi 3? or do I need to buy anything else.

Regards,
san

I am using a pi3 plus digi+. Coaxial out to smsl sanskrit dac. Running Kodi's OSMC OS. No issues at all.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have raspberry pi 3 and I want to know if I can go for Digi+ and connect my audiolab 8200cd with coaxial, since the coaxial on audiolab supports 192khz.

I see that the USB and optical are limited to 96khz only. will Digi+ fit my pi 3? or do I need to buy anything else.

Regards,
san

Digi+ should work with RPI3 without any issues. You won't need any additional device.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in.

Is there any indian site where I can buy the same, i see it in amazon but its not digi+ its just digi standard. The other one I see is Digi + transformer, but I dont know If I can use that in my case. Please suggest.

I see that digi+ is compatible only with pi2 and not pi3 is that correct.

You can go try the Allo Piano 2.1 DAC which pairs with Pi3 and above all its made in India :). I recently brought it and it plays well and nice addition of subwoofer out. Its being sold at 3.7k on Amazon India. You will get in couple of days in Bangalore as its designed in Bangalore :clapping:

my concern is that I just need to play 24bit/192khz flac files. Hence I want to use the Audiolab Dac , so I just need to route it through the coaxial path. I dont see Allo will do that, and I dont need a dac.

So you just need a digital out dac from the Pi, then Piano is a DAC which gives the output in analog and does not suit your requirements.

The Hifiberry Digi+ is compatible with the RPi3. I use the Hifiberry Digi+ with an RPi3 running MoOde.

The Hifiberry Digi+ Pro is known to have driver based incompatibility issues (causing WiFi dropouts, at least while using MoOde), and I'm not sure if they have fixed it at the manufacturing end yet. As per the DIYAudio MoOde support thread, they were asking customers to send their units (of the Digi+ Pro) back for replacement.

I'd suggest that you buy directly from Hifiberry.

The IQAudio Digi+ seems to be a nice alternative to the Hifiberry Digi+. Some of the the developers and users posting on DIYAudio compare it favourably to the Hifiberry Digi+. (Bryston uses the Hifiberry Digi+ in their Pi based streamer, so it definitely can't be all that bad, heh heh.)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back