Home theater for my new duplex

Aj rama

Hello friends
I am new to this ht world. so i need some help for buying my complete ht system. My budget is around 3-4 lakh which should include HD projector/TV ,AVR , speakers(5.1). So please suggest me the brand for which i should go for and my room size is 22x18 feet. I would use HT for listening music, for movies n games.

Guys please help me out. A distributer in nagpur suggested me to go for the following:

Front 3 Speakers Definitive Technology - RLS II inwall speaker
Rear 2 Speakers Definitive Technology RSS II inwall bipolar surround speaker
Subwoofer *Definitive Technology - SuperCube II Subwoofer

AV Receiver Anthem MRX 500
Projector Panasonic PT 4000.
Please tell me whether above mentioned are good or are there any other brands for which i should go.

All the products are good. When installed properly, you will have a HT system to be proud of. What are you using for source? I would suggest a BR Player and a media player. Ore get one like the Dune that combines both.

Cheers

Guys please help me out. A distributer in nagpur suggested me to go for the following:

Front 3 Speakers Definitive Technology - RLS II inwall speaker
Rear 2 Speakers Definitive Technology RSS II inwall bipolar surround speaker
Subwoofer *Definitive Technology - SuperCube II Subwoofer

AV Receiver Anthem MRX 500
Projector Panasonic PT 4000.
Please tell me whether above mentioned are good or are there any other brands for which i should go.

As Venkat said the brands are good, all that matters is the price that you are getting each item for and whether you like that sound. For the second part once you have decided the price range for speakers, it will be good to search the forum and see the options you have in the price range and demo them.

A/V receiver ANTHEM mrx 500 is costing Rs.1,10,000 in nagpur by my dealer. so is it over priced or i shall go for denon 3312

Hi Buddy,

The Deftech definitely is a good brand and they make good speakes as well as subs...but again whether one likes them would purely depend on ones preferance / choice.

I would suggest you try to listen to the deftech , incase if your dealer doesnt have them available for demo you can make a visit to mumbai and get a demo also try a few other speaker setups to be able to make you mind easily as to which ones sound good to you.

Once you have decided your speakers then see with which AVR they sound the best and decide accordingly rather than deciding based on brand and cost comparision.

This is how i decided on my speakers and offcourse i did not know how to go about learnt the process with the help of wonderful people on this forum :)

Good luck and hope you make a HT setup you will enjoy for years to come.

Regards,
Naren

A/V receiver ANTHEM mrx 500 is costing Rs.1,10,000 in nagpur by my dealer. so is it over priced or i shall go for denon 3312

The anthem going by the review (Anthem MRX 500 7.1 A/V Receiver) is a very good avr for music and movies. It has a few deficiencies over the 3312 and a few pros.

The cons are no Airplay (if its important to you, if you dont know what it is, its not important), lesser power probably around 75wpc compared to 125 wpc in 5 channel mode. The anthem has only one hdmi o/p so a problem if you want to connect the projector as well as a TV.

On the pros, the anthem is likely to be a better AVR for music as well as video processing.

If the missing specs are important choose the denon, otherwise you might want to pair with your final choice of speakers and then decide.

As Venkat said the brands are good, all that matters is the price that you are getting each item for and whether you like that sound. For the second part once you have decided the price range for speakers, it will be good to search the forum and see the options you have in the price range and demo them.

hi Sud98. Sorry for hijacking this thread. Was curious about your Emotiva gear and wanted to know where you sourced them from and how do they perform vis-a-vie the other known brands?

Reliability, performance, cost, dealers in India etc.?

Thanks. Raghuram

hi Sud98. Sorry for hijacking this thread. Was curious about your Emotiva gear and wanted to know where you sourced them from and how do they perform vis-a-vie the other known brands?

Reliability, performance, cost, dealers in India etc.?

Thanks. Raghuram

Emotiva is an internet direct selling company. Doesnt have local dealers so you need to get it via Borderlinx or Aramex. Check out other threads which have details on this, search in the forum.

Buying from abroad gets you an amazing VFM but also runs the risk of no local support and complexity of returns. So if you are the risk taker go for it.

For ex. the OP can get projectors at less than half the price abroad or can get locally and have support locally.

If you like the Def Tech then you need to try the Golden Ear speakers. They are the new brand by the founder and designer of Def Tech. they are probably better priced also.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back