Home Theater in 1 Lac - Denon AVR X1500H with Taga Harmony TAV 616's

manujgupta

Hi All,

This is my fist post on the forum and am looking for guidance from all the members. It is my fist foray in to Home Theater for myself. I am getting my living room renovated and have attached the rough layout for the same. My room size is roughly 14 ft * 37 ft. I am looking to by and install a home theater in this room for the purpose of both watching movies and listening music and have a budget of Rs. 1.00 Lac for the same. As per some recommendations received, I have zeroed in on the following :

AVR: Denon AVR X1500H
Front Speakers : Taga TAV 616F
Center Speaker: Taga TAV 616S
Surround Speaker: Taga TAV 616C
Bass: Taga TSW200

Atmos speakers to be added later.

Kindly guide me as to how is this choice in terms of quality and reliability. Also, would this setup enough for this room size and is the placement of speakers good. Kindly also suggest if I should go for any other alternatives.

Have also had a look at 5.1 home theaters from Sony. But am not sure whether they would be a good spend.

Looking forward towards suggestions and guidance from the community members.

Thanks in advance
Manuj M Gupta

Room Layout.jpeg

Denon avr is an excellent choice. I use 2400 paired with Dali speakers and it’s mindblowing. The tonal quality, the bass is excellent. If 4K is in ur mind I will suggest for for 2400/2500 models. Speakers I would suggest Dali z3 for fronts, zensor vokal for centre and z1 for surrounds. Subwoofer u can go for Emotiva Basx12

Hi All,

This is my fist post on the forum and am looking for guidance from all the members. It is my fist foray in to Home Theater for myself. I am getting my living room renovated and have attached the rough layout for the same. My room size is roughly 14 ft * 37 ft. I am looking to by and install a home theater in this room for the purpose of both watching movies and listening music and have a budget of Rs. 1.00 Lac for the same. As per some recommendations received, I have zeroed in on the following :

Kindly guide me as to how is this choice in terms of quality and reliability. Also, would this setup enough for this room size and is the placement of speakers good. Kindly also suggest if I should go for any other alternatives.

Have also had a look at 5.1 home theaters from Sony. But am not sure whether they would be a good spend.

Looking forward towards suggestions and guidance from the community members.

Thanks in advance
Manuj M Gupta

View attachment 31862

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

There are dedicated Brand owner threads here where actual users have posted their experience and feedback....read Owner Threads on Marantz / Denon / Pioneer / Taga / Yamaha / BIC America etc....

Look at threads under WHAT SHOULD I BUY and HOME THEATRE....here a lot of members have provided valuable inputs.....

AVRs

Denon - More inclined towards movies.....Basic models have basic features...2xxx & above models have more features and power

Marantz - More inclined towards music.....all models have most features....the higher SR series has higher version of Multi EQ....along with pre outs.....

Pioneer / Yamaha both brands have 50:50 % balance ratio for movies and music......basic models will lack certain features....higher models like Aventage & LX series have hall mark performances....

Speakers...

Taga / Jamo / Yamaha / Boston Acoustics / Polks ( T series, S Series and RTiA series), Dalis, KEFs, Klipsch..etc

Subs....

SVS / Sunfire / BIC America / Taga / Polk / Boston Acoustics / Definitive Technology etc.

Given you have a large area to cover, you need decent floor standing front speakers, a good center and subwoofer......good surrounds......

A good AVR will cost between the 50 to 70k bracket...depends on which brand and model you pick.....check with all possible dealers for best price along with warranty......speakers matter the most as speakers are seldom changed like the AVR after a certain time period. Choose the speakers wisely and carefully....audition as much as you can.....trust your ears......

If you can increase your budget then it is good.....else buy the fronts first with AVR then add center then the sub then the surrounds etc slowly....

If you are open to buying preowned stuff....see the For Sale by Owner section or OLX for some good deals...

All the best!

My room size is roughly 14 ft * 37 ft

Effectively your entertainment area is 25 x 14 ft.. Fairly large room..

Also, would this setup enough for this room size and is the placement of speakers good. Kindly also suggest if I should go for any other alternatives

From the attached pics, i think it would be better if you can swap the screen & sofa.. Swapping them, will allow you to place the speakers close to the wall behind it.. Do you have a TV or planning for a projector since you mentioned screen?..

Can't ask for a better set-up at this price point of 1 Lac.

Not sure which HTIB models you are referring to.. But the above AVR + set-up will be far better one than the Sony entertainment systems..

Adding ceiling speakers is easy if you already have false ceiling..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back