Home Theater in Box (or) Hi-Fi System ??

karan

Hi All,

My budget is < Rs.15000
I am in confusion to choose Home Theater in Box (or) Hi-Fi System :mad:?? please help me:D

My usage will be....

Connection from TV (Videocon Bazooka 21 inch TV ) - 60%
Hearing Songs & FM Radio - 40 %
Movies - 10 %

Please suggest me Model numbers ...

Thanks... Karan

Hi Krishna,
Thanks for ur reply...

I heared that SONY lens is too sensitive.. it wil not read if small scratches...

How abt Philips 3265 ?? any idea??

No idea about philips . Elsewhere here review was there . As I see sony's performance in some of my friends houses, I think your opinion is on the negative side.

Regards

In this budget, Philips is the one most recommended on this forum. Please go thru madbullram's review of his Philips HTIB.

At that budget you cant go wrong with Philips. Dont even think Sony, their low-end segment products are pathetic and start distorting. Lens issue is their in all brands Sony, Philips etc but quality of sound is where Philips tops. Philips has a real-life sound which you can hear for 3 hours straight whereas Sony will initially wow and get irritating after sometime also it misses few details in its processing.

If you can up your budget to 20K you have very good HTiBs from Philips. We have discussed in detail about this, search for Philips in our forum. I own a Philips for last 4 years and still havent thought about upgrading! I am yet to see a HT setup below 50K that rivals my Philips.

Hi All..,
Thanks for you Reply,

Last week i have seen HTS3265 live demo in delars shop..

Its sound is amazing....

Any feedback from Philips 3265 users??

As advised by Madbulram, stretch your budget a little further, also test the model suggested by him elsewhere and you will realize the worth of price difference. Try at Philips Arena and Big Bazaar/ Electronic Bazzar.

Philips is a real crap.. I have bad experience from my childhood.

We bought stereo taperecoder in 1990...

Now I have Philips music system I bought that for 18k in 2002. It is also a crap came with manufacturing defect... And It's bass boost will give you wooooooooooooooo or muddy bass nothing else. Sony is far better..

Older model sony's are great for listening. I have been using sony music player which simply out performs any Ipod in terms of sound quality. Bass is puching and crisp.. My friend has a sony music system which did not even have CD facility .. You can play only cassette. No words to say you need to audition to really comment upon it. Bass and treble are very very clear , crisp and punchy

Back