Home Theatre below 25k - Group Buy

but could please tell me which is better with respect to quality & service;

onkyo 3300
Yamaha 292 or 392

Even I was hunting for the same answer. Have gone through lots of discussions and threads in this forum. There are aptly pointed responses favoring onkyo hts3300 for the future technology it supports but some reading on the net and I seem to have found a favorable feature (present tech) which for me is important and is missing in Onkyo hts 3300 - Dolby Prologic II. Seems this processing ability allows a receiver to convert (or maybe simulate) stereo sound into 5.1 sound. With most of the audio resources I will play - DVD and DVD rips, FM radio, Audio and MP3 CDs, standard TV output, I would love to have them played on 5.1. So looks like Onkyo may get a thumbs down from me. I would love to hear from friends in the forum on my point of view.

I am also thinking about onkyo 3300.

But @jsanand's reply has made me think, not sure what to do. My main use of this system would be to play songs, it would be high quality ripped (320 kbps) but not 5.1 so it should have ability to convert stereo songs to 5.1. I am going visit local store tomorrow for a demo. I had visited store today but demo was not available today due to some reason, they quoted me 25k, which I found high.

If anybody have any experience with Onlyo 3300 about this stereo to 5.1 convertion, please share your view on this.

I am opting out. From expert advise n after auditioning 3300, I will go with stereo system for dedicated music, not 5.1

But @jsanand's reply has made me think, not sure what to do. My main use of this system would be to play songs, it would be high quality ripped (320 kbps) but not 5.1 so it should have ability to convert stereo songs to 5.1.

If anybody have any experience with Onlyo 3300 about this stereo to 5.1 convertion, please share your view on this.

It was clarified by theironhorse in another posting that 3300 does support Dolby Prologic II. In case you are going to demo it, carry your own mp3 disc and ask the dealer to set mode to Prologic II.

Hi Guys
I own a onkyo ht-s3300 and yes it does support Dolby Pro-logic II.

Dont worry about it .
It does support it.

Onkyo hts 3300 best value for money system at the moment !!!

I love the bass (even though its passive,it dynamic n loud)

The sound is always crisp f u use optical or hdmi for dts audio !!

mp3 dont sound bad either

If on, I would like to join too for Onkyo HTS 3300. Since this is Diwali season we should be able to get a good deal.

I want to buy Onkyo HTS3100. If the group buy is on, can I be accomodated. Also if i find the price of HTS3300 low, i can opt for that too, just need to have an idea of final pricing including shipping. I am in maharashtra.

If on, I would like to join too for Onkyo HTS 3300. Since this is Diwali season we should be able to get a good deal.

I am in Gurgaon and ready to buy one this diwali season. Count me in if this Group buy becomes active again.

I see 2-3 friends from NCR interested in picking this up.

Can you please PM me so that I can consolidate the list and then identify the best bargainer among us to close the best deal.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back