Home Theatre below 25k - Group Buy

I see that now we can start entering into a list for onkyo hts 3300.

IMHO buying from Audio Gallery, Coimbatore will be the best deal. I've already contacted Mr. Dinesh for this.

Guys please pm me your name and address so that i can make a consolidated list & start negotiating. The last quoted price for me is 23K (including shipping). For this deal, shipping charge matters as it weighs around 25 kg.

I'll also check if there is any diwali offer.

I had a talk with Audio Gallery guy. He said he'll would be able to give us for a better deal (below 23k) along with a HDMI cable worth Rs 850/-. The shipping charges will be free for Bangalore, Chennai & Cochin and other outstation guys need 2 pay for the shipping charges.

whoever is interested please pm me & I'll come back with the offer he could give.

Last edited:
I am definitely in.

Third person from Gurgaon.

Checked with Sound Waves and Studio 4. Both are quoting 25K. A little too much I says since other sellers are giving it for 23K, including shipping.

Count me in guys.

@rex4urs
Sending you the PM brother. I am ready to buy one for less than 23K shipped.

Third person from Gurgaon.

Checked with Sound Waves and Studio 4. Both are quoting 25K. A little too much I says since other sellers are giving it for 23K, including shipping.

That makes 4 of US
- jsanand
- guptam
- vasishta.sushant
- rayban

I also had called up Soundwaves and they were quoting flat 25K over the phone with no freebies or offer for Diwali. Seems high reviews and demand shown on the forum has reached their ears!

So if we can extend this list more we can check with all dealers in NCR first to have these home delivered at the Coimbatore dealer price. My personal experience has been since everyone is all geared up to buy for Diwali dealers tend to hold on to their prices till Diwali and they do come down a day or 2 after Diwali.

Had visited Studio 4 couple of months back the rate quoted was 25k with couple of cables (HDMI and optical) - do not recall it correctly.

I had a talk with Audio Gallery guy. He said he'll would be able to give us for a better deal (below 23k) along with a HDMI cable worth Rs 850/-. The shipping charges will be free for Bangalore, Chennai & Cochin and other outstation guys need 2 pay for the shipping charges.

whoever is interested please pm me & I'll come back with the offer he could give.

Will it be possible for you to check with shipping charges for Delhi - NCR (Gurgaon). Also how will install from Onkyo support will be arranged? Is it dealer specific or they have a nationwide support.

Will it be possible for you to check with shipping charges for Delhi - NCR (Gurgaon). Also how will install from Onkyo support will be arranged? Is it dealer specific or they have a nationwide support.

Not sure if the installation is done by Onkyo. It's generally done by the dealers, if I am not wrong.

BTW its not a big deal. It's as easy as joining red contacts to red wires and green contacts to green.

Not sure if the installation is done by Onkyo. It's generally done by the dealers, if I am not wrong.

If it is not national support what happens if there is a need for RTM? Do we need to ship it back to Coimbatore. Don't think so.

The only thing I am trying to validate that we get adequate support for the product we buy and are aware of any pitfalls if support is managed by dealers.

BTW onkyoindia.com seems to have a nationwide support number. Will try and check with them on installation process. As in case of other Consumer Electronics goods - the sale is made by the dealer and installation/support is taken care by the company.

Missed adding rex4urs bargained deal of 23k inclusive hdmi and shipping (restricted to key southern cities though) is amazing. Hope he is able to negotiate with NCR and Onkyo does provides a nationwide install/support model.

Last edited:
^^^
We are already 5 now and I am sure even including shipping we can work out a better deal.

Should we not try that we dealers in NCR region itself - clearly telling them that we need 5 pieces and this is the offer we are getting from another dealer down south?

Have already talked with the local dealers. They are just not letting go the price of 25K. And here the deal is way too less.

I do not mind getting the stuff shipped. We'll anyway save good 2K and getting an HDMI cable for free as well.

Still lemme talk to this guy. I'll let you know after a while.

Last edited:
Ok just had a word with one of the sellers in gurgaon. Here is the list of quotes I got for 5 orders:

*) If we can collect the stuff from this guy's place, he is ready to give them at 23K (One HDMI cable is bundled)

*) If we want the installation to be done as well (that includes shipping to one's place in NCR, adding all the speaker wires, 18AWG OFC, one HDMI cable, one Optical cable), this guy will charge 25K.

I think we still have some leeway.

What do you think guys ?

PS: All the prices are for the CASH payment. Also once we place the order, we'll be getting the stuff in a week's time, probably (this guy doesn't have 5 pieces readily available).

You'll be getting one HDMI cable in 23K.

He won't add any additional wires. Only the ones you get in the package will be there. The stock wires are enough to setup the system but since they are rather too thin, its better to get those replaced to better speaker wires.

He is anyway replacing the stock wires with the 18AWG OFC wires, I do not think the 2K step up is justified. I'll change the wires myself later, to probably 14AWG.

For 2K more you are actually getting odd 20mt 18AWG wire and one coaxial/optical cable. The fitting is no big deal and can be done either by ourselves or by any electrician for 200 bucks. (Its nothing more than drilling few holes and hooking the speakers).

23K is better price. I still want to push for 22.5K at least.

Last edited:
You'll be getting one HDMI cable in 23K.

23K is better price. I still want to push for 22.5K at least.

Good going Vasishta. As per my understanding this must be the dealer from MGF Metropolitan Mall (forgot the name).

Well the deal is as good as Coimbatore ones and we can have the pieces collected - dont think that should be a bad deal.

I have seen these 1 week promises getting extended to 4-5 weeks. Can we get some confirmation on that plus details on warranty etc. Also from others in the forum I have heard that representative from Onkyo actually does visit to help in right placement of the speakers if not the actual speaker installation part.

Alright, let us move towards the deal completion.

I'd want all the NCR guys to tell me which option do they want to opt for: pickup at 23K or installed at their place at 25K.

This will help me consolidate the list and I can talk to the dealer about the payment method. I suppose we'll have to submit a token amount to fix the order and once the order arrives, we can pay the residual amount.

NCR fellas, please send me a PM with your home addresses and the selected option.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back