Home theatre hunt

You missed the Yamaha :).. Please don't worry abt this..

Pick the ones that offers the best features for your budget.. You can always make tweaks to your set-up anytime and make it a better one..

Assuming you are interested in a 9.2 AVR for 60K, look to complete a 5.x.4 set-up in the remaining budget of 90K..Choose your brands accordingly based on online prices.. Take an audition If you can (since you are specific abt bright sounding), then settle for one..

I would say don't worry much abt it..
Cheers Elango.
Will start my audition process shortly.

Is it a wise choice to get the Denon/Marantz AVR from US?price wise yes, how about the technology, do they serve different tech based on the geographic locations ?
Also thinking of paring it with Dali speakers with one these AVR's, how well these two go with each other ?
Product I'm looking in now is Denon X3500H or Marantz SR5012

Is it a wise choice to get the Denon/Marantz AVR from US?price wise yes, how about the technology, do they serve different tech based on the geographic locations ?

Not really.. Because they are 110V units and procuring spares might be an issue here.. instead look to buy locally.. Features are almost similar.. May be 1 (or) 2 are region specific..

Also thinking of paring it with Dali speakers with one these AVR's, how well these two go with each other ?
Product I'm looking in now is Denon X3500H or Marantz SR5012

Pairing should be fine.. of the two AVR's you mentioned, Denon x 3500 is a better choice.. Aren't you considering Pioneer LX 303 a 9.2 AVR for 60K?..

Not really.. Because they are 110V units and procuring spares might be an issue here.. instead look to buy locally.. Features are almost similar.. May be 1 (or) 2 are region specific..

Pairing should be fine.. of the two AVR's you mentioned, Denon x 3500 is a better choice.. Aren't you considering Pioneer LX 303 a 9.2 AVR for 60K?..

Are you speaking about power output? 3500 is 105V it should be same everywhere right?

Yeah was considering Pioneer, but right now convinced with these two.

Are you speaking about power output? 3500 is 105V it should be same everywhere right?

Am referring to the input voltage for the AVR.. For US it is 110V unit & for india it is 240V unit.. So to use 110V unit in India, you will need a step down transformer here..

Yeah was considering Pioneer, but right now convinced with these two.

Ok..

Fair enough, but the problem I have is, I don't have false sealing to mount it on the sealing.

You may consider speakers like SVS Prime Elevation as ceiling speakers. It comes with Multi-Angle Wall/Ceiling Mount and Ceiling mount insert kit. You don't need false ceiling to install them. The are angled speakers and you can install them in from of listening position and direct towards listener. You may get better bass response from enclosure compared to false ceiling mount speaker which is not having enclosure.

As mentioned by few others on this thread, ceiling speakers are going to make good difference to movies if you are going to use Atmos, DTS:X content. Even if in case of non-Atmos/DTS:X content Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X modes can be used which will send audio to ceiling speakers.

There are other brands also having elevation type angled speakers, but not sure whether they have Ceiling mount brackets.

Attachments

• SVS Prime Elevation Ceiling Mounted.jpg
    SVS Prime Elevation Ceiling Mounted.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 11
Am referring to the input voltage for the AVR.. For US it is 110V unit & for india it is 240V unit.. So to use 110V unit in India, you will need a step down transformer here..

Ok..
Oops I didn't noticed it until you mentioned it here.
But how about getting step down transformers and connecting the device? should I need to look someting else as well.
Cost is the only component that put me in bother, else I would get the same in India and again as you said component replacements(how is the service level in India) In case I get the product in India(Chennai) who is the authorised dealer/ service provider for Denon and Marantz ?
Sorry for too many questions, being newbie and its my first HT set up makes it nervous.

You may consider speakers like SVS Prime Elevation as ceiling speakers. It comes with Multi-Angle Wall/Ceiling Mount and Ceiling mount insert kit. You don't need false ceiling to install them. The are angled speakers and you can install them in from of listening position and direct towards listener. You may get better bass response from enclosure compared to false ceiling mount speaker which is not having enclosure.

As mentioned by few others on this thread, ceiling speakers are going to make good difference to movies if you are going to use Atmos, DTS:X content. Even if in case of non-Atmos/DTS:X content Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X modes can be used which will send audio to ceiling speakers.

There are other brands also having elevation type angled speakers, but not sure whether they have Ceiling mount brackets.

That speakers looks cool, I don't think its affordable to me atm but its a nice option for later developments and thanks for sharing it.

But how about getting step down transformers and connecting the device? should I need to look someting else as well.

Yes.. You can get a step down transformer locally..

Cost is the only component that put me in bother, else I would get the same in India and again as you said component replacements(how is the service level in India) In case I get the product in India(Chennai) who is the authorised dealer/ service provider for Denon and Marantz ?
Sorry for too many questions, being newbie and its my first HT set up makes it nervous.

Warranty / service is only for products if you buy from Indian distributors / authorised dealers.. That too it is hit or miss sometimes depending on the city/town you live in.. If you have a 110V unit (or) 240V unit bought anywhere outside India / grey market, you case is dismissed straightaway..

For Denon it is Pro FX who deal with it.. so for service, you will depend on them.. For Marantz it is MZ Audio, they have network too.. so no worries there..

Yes.. You can get a step down transformer locally..

Warranty / service is only for products if you buy from Indian distributors / authorised dealers.. That too it is hit or miss sometimes depending on the city/town you live in.. If you have a 110V unit (or) 240V unit bought anywhere outside India / grey market, you case is dismissed straightaway..

For Denon it is Pro FX who deal with it.. so for service, you will depend on them.. For Marantz it is MZ Audio, they have network too.. so no worries there..

You are helpful and I thank you for the same.

In case I get step down transformer for voltage issue, do I need to cover anything else for this AVR apart form step down transformer?

AVExpo in Chennai between 14-16 Sep, any of you guys from Chennai planning the visit?

Cheers Elango. AVExpo in Chennai between 14-16 Sep, any of you guys from Chennai planning the visit?

Cheers.. Yes.. This time around more chennai FM in the whatsapp group have confirmed availability on Sep 15th (Saturday).. So we hope to be there for the AV Expo as well as mini HFV chennai meet..

Thanks for the suggestion mate,

Already decided on the AVR, will go with either of Denon 2300 or 2400, based on the availability.

In regards to speakers and Subwoofers ,will go for the audition based on your suggestion.

Any place in Chennai where I can have proper audition for the above mentioned speakers ?

I have the Q Acoustics 3020 speakers (wonderful pair of speakers for the money) and planning to let go of them in order to upgrade. If you are interested, feel free to PM me and you can drop in to my place for audition.

I have the Q Acoustics 3020 speakers (wonderful pair of speakers for the money) and planning to let go of them in order to upgrade. If you are interested, feel free to PM me and you can drop in to my place for audition.
Will let you know mate, thanks for the info.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back