Home theatre

Gowrishankar S

Good morning friends.

I am looking for home theater (located in Ahmedabad). I have 4 options & confused in finalizing.

1. Sony E3200 (sound quality is good with good features & Blu-ray player)
2. Yamaha YHT-1840 or 3702 (1840 in budget range but 3702 is latest model with additional features like BT - expensive)
3. Pioneer HTP-074 (better features when compared to 1840)
4. Onkyo HTS 3800

I have seen the demo of Sony & Onkyo systems. I am inclined towards Yamaha, only advantage is active sub-woofer connectivity & bass enhancer.

I don't have any idea of going for active sub-woofer in near feature as passive sub-woofer is enough for my living room.

Going for Sony has some commercial advantages like EMI options from showrooms & availing e-vouchers, cash back on credit cards..

Local dealer has suggested pioneer VSX-330-K - AV Reciever with Taga harmony inMOVE 5.1 package but the price is high.

Please advise.

Last edited:
4. Onkyo HTS 3800

Avoid Onkyo HTS 3800, as it has passive subwoofer and will restrict your speaker upgrade in future..

Local dealer has suggested pioneer VSX-330-K - AV Reciever with Taga harmony inMOVE 5.1 package but the price is high.

Of all the options listed by you, Pioneer VSX 330K + Taga inmove is the best package for your money IMO..

There could be possibilities of doing getting more for your money.. What is your total budget for the HT system ?..

Good morning friends.

I am looking for home theater (located in Ahmedabad). I have 4 options & confused in finalizing.

2. Yamaha YHT-1840 or 3702 (1840 in budget range but 3702 is latest model with additional features like BT - expensive)
4. Onkyo HTS 3800

I have seen the demo of Sony & Onkyo systems. I am inclined towards Yamaha, only advantage is active sub-woofer connectivity & bass enhancer.

I don't have any idea of going for active sub-woofer in near feature as passive sub-woofer is enough for my living room.

Going for Sony has some commercial advantages like EMI options from showrooms & availing e-vouchers, cash back on credit cards..

Please advise.
My neighbors have Sony E3200 such a cheap sound quality. Makes me want to vacate my home.such a horrible subwoofer please avoid it all cost it just sounds loud nd boomy.

Good one!
Never heard that before...
Really bro i am not exaggerating. I argued with them so much since the vibrations are felt in the entire house and it is disturbing, but they are not listening. There is no thump just very loud muddy sound.

Get a basic AVR and a pair of bookshelves. Get the rest step by step later. End result will be far better and you will have possiblity of upgrading without selling off things

Good morning friends.

4. Onkyo HTS 3800

Please advise.
Avoid 1840 if you are not going for active subwoofer with it,, passive sub with 1840 is very weak.

Thanks.

I have narrowed down on Yamaha AVR 485 & Falco Sib & Cub 5.1 system (with active sub-woofer).

Please let me know if my final selection is ok. Price Rs 90k

you can also try to audition Polk TL1600 combo with Yamaha 485 they sound and look really good, I guess you can get them around 25-30k.

Thanks.

I have narrowed down on Yamaha AVR 485 & Falco Sib & Cub 5.1 system (with active sub-woofer).

Wat is the cost of the avr and the speaker package? for 90 k budget it will be better if you buy sub-woofer and speakers separately. First you can settle for a good 5.0 Bookshelves. A good center channel and sub is a must for good movie experience.

Last edited:
u can also try indiana line nano speakers those speakers are amazing ,and they are from italy ,but made in prc

Yamaha 485 will cost around 40k and tl1600 another close to 40k. Available at profx
Yes, I have seen that and also the 3072+tl1600 combo is available at about 60k. Since Tushar mentioned that it is available for about 25-30k, I asked for the details. I am also looking at a basic AVR+5.1 combo under 40k

Thanks for your help. My budget is 40-45k

I think you said your budget was 45K..

You can do a better system with dual subs (5.2) than Focal cub & sib 5.1 system for 90K ;)..

Wat is the cost of the avr and the speaker package? for 90 k budget it will be better if you buy sub-woofer and speakers separately. First you can settle for a good 5.0 Bookshelves. A good center channel and sub is a must for good movie experience.
Hi,Can you suggest good quality active subwoofer within 30 k Budget.
Current hardware
AVR-denon 1400h
speaker=pioneer AJ 5.0

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back