Hot deals in Dubai ??

Try to book online for Burj Khalifa, it is much cheaper that way (100 Dhs, spot price at entrance can be upto 400 Dhs). Do not miss it, visitors are allowed upto 126 (I think) floor where there is a viewing gallery. You get up there in about a minute by the lift (no views from the lift though!) and can carry your camera. Do not miss this, BTW this is next to Dubai Mall (infact visitor entry is from Dubai Mall). And you can take the Metro to reach here.

Desert Safari is another not to be missed, timing from 15:30 to about 21:30, pickup and drop from hotel/res part of deal, cost 175 Dhs.

Plug-in and IKEA are part of same building in Festival City (Ground and I Floor respectively).

Enjoy your trip.

Yep, my friend family want to visit anyway and I tried to book online and it failed twice to accept my CC, will try to book it tomorrow.:)

Regards

Burj Dubai weeps when compared with LIC Chennai.

An awe inspiring 14 storey skyscraper, with a commanding view of mount road, the top floors visible only when the rain laden clouds choose to not adorn the building's mantle,the window ACs strategically placed to help any hero to scale the building when Raghuvaran (or any villain with grand plans) holds hostages inside, the cables and telephone wires that ensure that the heroine or the friend can still be tangled and rescued later - truly an architectural marvel that makes the heart ache with just the simplicity of the design.

Let us join hands to raise awareness for this pinnacle of man's achievements.
:D

2qlww3n.jpg

Burj Dubai weeps when compared with LIC Chennai.

An awe inspiring 14 storey skyscraper, with a commanding view of mount road, the top floors visible only when the rain laden clouds choose to not adorn the building's mantle,the window ACs strategically placed to help any hero to scale the building when Raghuvaran (or any villain with grand plans) holds hostages inside, the cables and telephone wires that ensure that the heroine or the friend can still be tangled and rescued later - truly an architectural marvel that makes the heart ache with just the simplicity of the design.

Let us join hands to raise awareness for this pinnacle of man's achievements.
:D

2qlww3n.jpg

Did you take this pic exclusively for this post. I have visited this building few times and once I went to the top floor too.

Finally don't forget to purchase Glentwich ( 12 years) single Malt whisky in the Dubai Duty Free

Suri, how did YOU miss this? A Google search of 'Glentwich' returns just a single result
Think Suri meant Glen Fiddich. Maybe he was listening to his witches and typed Glen Wich:D

I too am following Dubai prices for some time and w'd be in there for a day around 10th Jan. Unfortunately missing DFS by few days. Anyways.

You might have already seen / read what I have got to tell you.

Better finish homework. browse Jumbocrop.com sharafDG.com soq.com etc. I find prices are way cheaper compared to india but w'd be killer during DFS. jumbocorp is Sony distributor and have some promos going on always.
But like any other place, small time shops w'd offer better prices. Hence better to know abt big players prices beforehand.

However, prices in Dubai seem to be more expensive than in Singapore / Bangkok.

Pls share your shoppping experiences. I am on a serious hunt for 40-42 inch LCD. May you pls inform me best deals that you came across there.

Rgds

Met Srinisunder today here in Dubai, spend half an hour together and visited V.V. & sons, the dealer for Marantz,Jamo etc. Thanks Srini for the kind visit and the valuable time spend together :)

Met Srinisunder today here in Dubai, spend half an hour together and visited V.V. & sons, the dealer for Marantz,Jamo etc. Thanks Srini for the kind visit and the valuable time spend together :)

I am back to chennai today morning after a nice trip to dubai and almost tried to cover as much as possible places indicated by Mr.Prakash.

Thanks Dr.Anil for sparing your valuable time with me at your office and visit along for V.V. & Sons. Thanks for putting Mr.Prakash in line and nice speaking to him too and sorry I have spoiled the plan of meeting together by calling you in last day. Next time I will be meeting you in my first day of vist.

It is great to meet Dr.Anil and amazed by his courtesy and sparing his valuable time in between his practicing hours, just forgot to indicate in top Dr.Anil is Sr.Dental Surgeon in Dubai.

Due to price restrictions given to me by forum members( 2 request) for MZ CD-6003 i could not buy it... I have got another request for 1AV receiver below 15K by an new member(sunil) and could not fulfill it. I could help with another 2 request and happy at least if I am not buying something, could help others.

Definitely TV's(fewer models) are cheaper than India and for Sony/Samsung it is 1 year Indian warranty is added. Receivers are good to buy on offer season to match the Singapore price / Denon is very cheaper in Dubai and prices are equivalent to USA prices. On my recent visit to Singapore and Dubai very clearly cameras are cheaper than Singapore prices and funnily all the Singapore prices are same as Indian prices.

My friend accompanied with me bought Sony 40" EX710 LED TV and the price quoted was 4999AED with free bluray player. Less the player of price it was 54K INR which i believe it was a good buy.

Just for indication Pana 42X20 was 24K INR:licklips: / Samsung 50C6500 - 78K:mad: / 58C6500 -1.7K :mad:( dushie is having this model)... so fewer models have lower price and some other have higher price tag... So preparing a chart with local price is necessary if we decide to buy from abroad.

Finally I could not visit viewing deck of Burj Khalifa due to there website is not accepting the Credit card payment due to some internal error ( I believe it is purposefully done to make more money)..

Anyway Dubai is good with lot of malls... malls. malls.. malls..as Prakash indicated making a shopping paradise. I enjoyed this visit and look forward to visit by January 2011..

Regards

Hi Srini,

Welcome back, I hope you had a great time in Dubai. Perhaps, I'll stretch my budget to clinch a good deal on decent A/V receiver during your next visit.

I really appreciate the willingness you showed...:clapping:

Thanks,
Sunil

Welcome back.. Hope you had lot of fun and it really good f u to help out the other members in the forum.. Tnx for the prices as well..
My fnd s gonna visit in Jan.. Let me check out my luck..

I am back to chennai today morning after a nice trip to dubai and almost tried to cover as much as possible places indicated by Mr.Prakash.

Thanks Dr.Anil for sparing your valuable time with me at your office and visit along for V.V. & Sons. Thanks for putting Mr.Prakash in line and nice speaking to him too and sorry I have spoiled the plan of meeting together by calling you in last day. Next time I will be meeting you in my first day of vist.

It is great to meet Dr.Anil and amazed by his courtesy and sparing his valuable time in between his practicing hours, just forgot to indicate in top Dr.Anil is Sr.Dental Surgeon in Dubai.

Due to price restrictions given to me by forum members( 2 request) for MZ CD-6003 i could not buy it... I have got another request for 1AV receiver below 15K by an new member(sunil) and could not fulfill it. I could help with another 2 request and happy at least if I am not buying something, could help others.

Definitely TV's(fewer models) are cheaper than India and for Sony/Samsung it is 1 year Indian warranty is added. Receivers are good to buy on offer season to match the Singapore price / Denon is very cheaper in Dubai and prices are equivalent to USA prices. On my recent visit to Singapore and Dubai very clearly cameras are cheaper than Singapore prices and funnily all the Singapore prices are same as Indian prices.

My friend accompanied with me bought Sony 40" EX710 LED TV and the price quoted was 4999AED with free bluray player. Less the player of price it was 54K INR which i believe it was a good buy.

Just for indication Pana 42X20 was 24K INR:licklips: / Samsung 50C6500 - 78K:mad: / 58C6500 -1.7K :mad:( dushie is having this model)... so fewer models have lower price and some other have higher price tag... So preparing a chart with local price is necessary if we decide to buy from abroad.

Finally I could not visit viewing deck of Burj Khalifa due to there website is not accepting the Credit card payment due to some internal error ( I believe it is purposefully done to make more money)..

Anyway Dubai is good with lot of malls... malls. malls.. malls..as Prakash indicated making a shopping paradise. I enjoyed this visit and look forward to visit by January 2011..

Regards

Looking forward to returning - within a month -wow!! The departure lounge usually has signs that say "Come back soon" , "Visit us again" but you are taking it to heart :)

Thanks for the pricing info- did you make any worthwhile a/v purchase for yourself?

Thanks to all members who welcomed me back to Chennai... There were lot of deals going around dubai and we should have patience and willingness to roam around bigger malls to small shops which is in streets.

Most of the big malls have fixed price,no negotiations... But they do combine joint promotion as like in India as add-on BD player / Hifi system which makes it dearer and nearer to our budget and savings comparing to Indian prices.

A good information I got from Emirates is they are allowing 55" LED TV as check in baggage provided if it is less than 34Kgs and further we should not have any other check-in baggage's. They don't have any size restriction, which is a good one... Only thing we should have courage and capability to talk and convince customs personnel to charge them less. During this visit I find customs people in chennai are very polite and nice and explaining whatever the questions we are asking on customs charges and willing to reduce in a polite manner within their allowed limit.

DOOR DELIVERY:::
Dr.Anil has given a nice tip of bringing the goods unaccompanied later by help of local(dubai) shipping agencies which is chargeable on 8AED per KG / 13AED including customs charges and door delivered to our house in India which seems to be very nice shipping price comparing to 8USD by DHL or FEDEx + customs duty charges.

Prices of LED TV's I got from Sharaf DG / Carrefour and the prices were near about to Indian price Prevailing prices and not worth buying from there... But some models are prices less than 20 to 30% of the Indian prices.

I found starting series Samsung Latest 3D model which looks very brilliant 55C7000 for AED14,999 with free BD player / 2 pair of 3D glasses / Samsung Galaxy tab which makes a fantastic buy.

Below are price given in INR for samsung models

Model NO////Dubai Price in INR equivalent/////Indian price in some website

37C5000 : Rs.46237.5 ////Rs.49,000
40C6900 : Rs.71,237 ////Rs.78,000
46C6200 : Rs.77,487 ////????
46C8000 : Rs.131237 ////???
46C7000 : Rs.117737 //// 131900
55C6900 : Rs.146237 /// ???
60C6900 : Rs.199987 ///???
40C7000 : Rs.103737 /// 100000
55C7000 : Rs.187487 ///???
40C5000 : Rs.49987 /// 74900
32C5000 : Rs.37487 ///41750

If members could PM me the Indian price of above model I will update it...

Regards

Hi Srini,

Welcome back, I hope you had a great time in Dubai. Perhaps, I'll stretch my budget to clinch a good deal on decent A/V receiver during your next visit.

I really appreciate the willingness you showed...:clapping:

Thanks,
Sunil

If you are willing for Denon you can get the basic model with all the 3D capab/DTS-HD/TruHD for around 20K... But decent model is costing in Denon will be around 25K to 30K.

Onkyo is cheaper there, but preferred to buy in India with warranty due to some problems indicated by members.

Marantz is a good buy with reasonable price tag.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back