How are Panasonic plasmas' performances?

Orbiter

Hi

I am a newbie for posting, but have been a passive listener for some time here. Very much interested in buying a plasma, and have been going through the postings.

One thing I have found out is, there are not many complaints about Panasonic TVs in this forum, ie. not as many as that of the other brands, mainly LG. Does that mean that Panasonics are better than the other brands, or, because Panasonics are costlier than the others, not many are buying them? Just a thought!

Your inputs may help in finalising my choice. If the Panasonics are without many faults, I don't mind paying their higher prices to get a TV to enjoy with a worry-free mind.

Thanks in advance

Orbiter

I can't talk about other brands. I have a Panasonic 50" Viera (P50S10D) for over a year now and I'm quite satisfied with the performance - looks very good and no problems so far. I'm not a technically knowledgeable guy and I don't have any of that fancy color calibration equipment so my opinion is from layman's point of view.

I believe that the Viera panels are made in Japan, which is supposed to be a higher quality. Not sure about this.

I have a Panny 50X10D which I got in Jan 2010, and am very satisfied with its performance. The screen looks slightly greyish while switched off. But while performing, the blacks are rich and deep and the colours are very life-like. Mainly the skin tone is very realistic.

I play downloaded DVD rips through my LG DV388 upscaling player, and after watching Avatar and 2012 in it, I have put off my idea of buying a BD player. The pictures are so sharp, I don't think a BD player is really necessary.

Except for the not so good speakers (which I think is a non issue, as all of us are using a HT system with big screen TVs) I don't find any problem with the TV. Though I paid 74500 for the TV at that time, I think it is worth the money. We really enjoy the TV.

Vinnie, have you ever tried your TV with HD media? If not then you should give it a try and then take a decision to stay away or not. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

I have been using Panasonic 42G10 for now almost 10 months, without any issue .Very satisfied with the picture quality as compared to sony , samsung lcds. However the sound quality is also reasonably good and I have been using it without attaching any external speakers.

Vinnie, have you ever tried your TV with HD media? If not then you should give it a try and then take a decision to stay away or not. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Well, Karmapilots, I know you are right. If DVDs and DVDrips themselves are so sharp and realistic, then definitely Bluray would be mindblowing! I haven't tried it yet, as I am busy tied up with my work, and am really not able to spend time on exploring the TV. I'll definitely do that shortly. Thanks.

Panny Plasma are Value for money especially the 42" C10 which i bought for 31K. I have used it with 720p inputs and also with tata Sky Hd i posses . HD is mind blowing even the sound is crisp . Panny comes with 3 years warranty so that end may also be covered . Pannasonic is the only brand with Full flegded Plasma Line up now . Earlier i had a Panny TAU 29" CRT which was also good . Dont Hesitate go ahead

I purchased a Panasonic 50X10D in Oct, 2009. I am very satisfied with the performance.

I use Xtreamer to play HD content and it is a real treat. If you don't have a brightly lit room then go for plasma.

Regards,

Vikram

Hi,
I have a Pana 80 bought 2 years back and there is not even a single day of watching without admiring the picture it shows up..I use Airtel Digital TV and my WDTV as inputs and both of them in combination with my Panny shows the picture as close to real as possible. I never had a guest who come home without asking me what TV is that and how come the picture is so vibrant and real...infact it takes lot of time for me to convince them that Plasma is one of the better technologies out there

Panasonic Industrial Plasmas are basically Professional Displays.They are called as Displays not as TVs,since they don't have standard Analog TV tuners built in.

I have purchased a 42" V20D a week ago. I am still exploring this TV, but I can provide a quick feedback.

If you are not experimental guy and looking for a flat pannel TV, I suggest you go with an LCD TV.

For me, V20D has not met my expectations, in the sense that it is not "wow" experience for me, but looks like a decent Plasma TV. I gave a 3 year old Sharp Aquos, which I think handles the fast motion video much better. Also note that you have to have a dark room for this TV, I am repeating this again (as I took this point easy), do not buy this TV if you are going to watch TV during the day time with windows around. The dynamic mode and closing of windows are must to watch this tv during the day time. Of course it performance pretty nice during the nights.

and note, I am still experimenting with this TV, so I might not have set the proper setting for it to perform better.

My suggestion for the first time flat pannel buyers is to go with an LCD TV. However I am not regretting buying this Panasonic TV.

Hi guys!
This is Sanket from Mumbai,

I am on the lookout for a 42 inch plalsma TV.
Can you plz suggest which panasonic model would be mos suitable given following criteria:
1) good PQ
2) USB playback supporting most popular formats(very important)
3) VFM (my budget is arnd 35k but can be strteched by 2-3k more if necessary)

PANASONIC'S 3 YEAR WARRANTY WOULD BE GREAT. CAN ANYONE PLZ CONFIRM WHETHER IT IS STILL APPLICABLE. NEED TO FINALISE IN COUPLE OF DAYS.

Waiting for feedback

thnks!

Last edited:
Panasonic has some of the best plasma and it is certainly good VFM.

The V20 what they sell here is the best flat panel tv available in Indian market at any price IMO.

Hi,

I'd purchased the 50X20D a couple of days ago. I zeroed-in on the Panasonic after seeing all the positive reviews and feedback from several people. Myself being a satisfied customer.

You cant go wrong here!

regards,

Nitin.

I have purchased a panasonic TC-P42G25, it has good black levels,good color performance
THX certification and also has internet connectivity.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back