How good is Pioneer RS30 HTiB?

harshsharma6

Hello gents,

I am planning to buy a new HT setup for the bedroom and am looking to spend around 40k on this.

I have auditioned the following:
1. Pioneer RS30 (INR 36k, reliance digital),
2. Onkyo 3400 / 3500 (INR 28k / 30k, The Shop, Mumbai) and
3. Denon 1312 (INR 33k, The Shop, Mumbai).

I am most impressed by the Pioneer's performance, however, I have read on this forum that this AVR is not the best I can get for this money (VSX RS 320-K) in terms of future readiness.

My usage will be primarily movies (50%), music and games (25% & 25%). The room is big enough for floor standers. I don't have a 3D TV or a blue ray player currently, however, tata sky HD is installed.

Do you think the Pioneer is good value for money or should I go for something else?

Thanks for the help,
Harsh.

Well,

Nobody replied to this. But I did buy the pioneer RS 30. It's still early days but I like what I have seen and heard so far :)

Hope it was the correct choice.

I was also impressed by the sound quality considering its entry level price. Granted the AVR is a little old. I'm considering the same package, just curious if this can play Dolby TrueHD if streamed via PCM from a supported decoder over HDMI. Anyone?

This is my first post after lurking around the forum unknown for a few months.
I recently auditioned the Pioneer RS30 as well and appreciated the subwoofer - S-RS3SW at that price point, nothing else. Point to note is that there is a whole new set of Pioneer AVRs and speakers released for 2012. The new models and their MRP is below:

LX Series THX Certified AV Receivers
SC-LX 56 - 90,000
SC-LX 76 - 1,10,000
SC-LX 86 - 1,40,000

AV Receivers
VSX-522 - 24,990
VSX-822 - 34,990
VSX-922 - 42,990
VSX-1122 - 48,990

Blu-ray and DVD Players
BDP-LX 55 - 30,000
DV-3032KV - 4,290

Home Theatre Packages
HTP-071 - 30,000
HTP-522 - 39,990
HTP-RS32 - 40,970
HTP-RS42 - 45,970
HTP-822ES - 61,990

Although its not listed on the Pioneer India site, you can browse details at the beta-site.
http://66.228.52.67/~pioneeri/?product_cat=home-entertainment

Anyone planning on buying a RS30/32 should also note that the component speakers S-RS33TB contains a 16cm 'Passive Radiator' (dummy) that looks like a midrange driver but it isn't driven. Pointless in my opinion, since the floorstanders are ported.

For all its worth I would only buy the subwoofer and AVR if thats possible.

yes check the feuture whether it can play bit streamed hi def audio from a br player..or not...and one thing u will get online them much cheaper...
I got my onkyo 3400 at 22.5k after applying coupon code in e bay india....
and if you are crossing 25k budget..in my opinion buy separstes..of course presently u cant buy all at a time.so buy 2 spekers and a avr..buy the sub and centre and surrounds later when good in budget...always a winner than a combo htib..
but if u really liked the sound of pioneer..go for it..if ur br player is already decoding the signal...of course pioneer will play it.best is..get the br player and go to the shop..experimant urself..be completly satisfied..then buy

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back