Is Focal Aria 948 good for Stereo Listening?

sachin.shiva

Hi Experts,
I am looking for stereo speakers . Already ,have Indiqaudio diamond achal v1.It is very good ,neutral ,but lacks air and 3d soundstage .But speakers are excellent ,need bit cranking . On the other hand auditioned focal aria 948.bit bright ,but fills room with 3d sound, excellent tweeter .I felt it is not reveling music details as much as DIAMOND ACHAL .But sound signature is mesmerizing. Cost wise focal is too costly ,filmsy performance, diamond achal is like value for money and performance .

What is your opinion ?Please share your views ,in case if you came across both or similar category speakers.

Thank you.
shiv

We are no experts, but I'll share my 2021 experience when I was setting up my stereo system. I vaguely recall auditioning the Aria 926 speakers. To me, they sounded bright and highly energetic. I felt short durations of listening would be fine, but extended sessions might lead to ear fatigue. In contrast, the achals sounded much fuller, detailed, and suitable for prolonged listening. I've been using them for the past three years, regularly playing them throughout the day.

If 948 is bright as 926, some room treatment is definitely required, as prolonged listening would become challenging. If your budget is 5 lakhs or more, you might want to explore Monitor Audio Silver/Gold or KEFs or Dali. I also recommend auditioning new speakers with your current amplifier, as the synergy between speakers and amps is crucial. The last thing you'd want is the 948 not performing well with your current amp, leading to additional expenses on a matching amplifier.

We are no experts, but I'll share my 2021 experience when I was setting up my stereo system. I vaguely recall auditioning the Aria 926 speakers. To me, they sounded bright and highly energetic. I felt short durations of listening would be fine, but extended sessions might lead to ear fatigue. In contrast, the achals sounded much fuller, detailed, and suitable for prolonged listening. I've been using them for the past three years, regularly playing them throughout the day.

If 948 is bright as 926, some room treatment is definitely required, as prolonged listening would become challenging. If your budget is 5 lakhs or more, you might want to explore Monitor Audio Silver/Gold or KEFs or Dali. I also recommend auditioning new speakers with your current amplifier, as the synergy between speakers and amps is crucial. The last thing you'd want is the 948 not performing well with your current amp, leading to additional expenses on a matching amplifier.
Thank you sir

Focal at current prices are simply not worth it. Speaking as a previous Electra owner - I'd not buy a Focal at current prices. The are very poor VFM.
Thank you sir

Focal at current prices are simply not worth it. Speaking as a previous Electra owner - I'd not buy a Focal at current prices. The are very poor VFM.

same thing I experienced ,focals were energetic ,but bit fatigue, on other hand indiqaudio lacked high energy but no fatigue upto point ,no masala .
Thank you, for your response Pratyush.

i)
Hi Experts,
I am looking for stereo speakers . Already ,have Indiqaudio diamond achal v1.It is very good ,neutral ,but lacks air and 3d soundstage .But speakers are excellent ,need bit cranking . On the other hand auditioned focal aria 948.bit bright ,but fills room with 3d sound, excellent tweeter .I felt it is not reveling music details as much as DIAMOND ACHAL .But sound signature is mesmerizing. Cost wise focal is too costly ,filmsy performance, diamond achal is like value for money and performance .

What is your opinion ?Please share your views ,in case if you came across both or similar category speakers.

Thank you.
shiv

What was the chain you auditioned the 948 on . I have owned Focal Aria 926 for a good part of 2 years ( had purchased at 1.85L) & Indiq Platinum Achals for about year. Last thing I would call the focal Aria 926 is bright.

Paired with the right electronics Aria 926 are very good. The bass was super tight & impactful with phenomenal treble extension & air, imaging was decent, the mids were a tad recessed for me ( which i realised whn i heard better) & despite several attempts could not get it to my liking. IndiQ had a very enjoyable midrange , large soundstage & overall a warmer presentation. I thoroughly enjoyed owning both the speakers.

i)

What was the chain you auditioned the 948 on . I have owned Focal Aria 926 for a good part of 2 years ( had purchased at 1.85L) & Indiq Platinum Achals for about year. Last thing I would call the focal Aria 926 is bright.

Paired with the right electronics Aria 926 are very good. The bass was super tight & impactful with phenomenal treble extension & air, imaging was decent, the mids were a tad recessed for me ( which i realised whn i heard better) & despite several attempts could not get it to my liking. IndiQ had a very enjoyable midrange , large soundstage & overall a warmer presentation. I thoroughly enjoyed owning both the speakers.
Not with my chain ,but i agree with your point

I have no experience with Indiqaudio Diamond Achal. but I had auditioned for focal 948, 906, b&w 706, dali, and kef. , and I brought 906; they sound very crisp, energetic and warm to me. In second, I would choose Dali and Kef. Maybe consider monitor audio, but as reignofchaos mentioned, the price of focals in India is ridiculous.

Focal owners seem very happy with these comments, even with me.. If you feel the focals are bright, autioned Dali Epicon. I have autioned the Dali series till Oberon, and they are very warm-sounding but have fewer detail focals. but have no idea about Epicon. Maybe it suits you.

Focal owners seem very happy with these comments, even with me.. If you feel the focals are bright, autioned Dali Epicon. I have autioned the Dali series till Oberon, and they are very warm-sounding but have fewer detail focals. but have no idea about Epicon. Maybe it suits you.
Atleast the Electra 1007 Be with the inverted dome beryllium tweeter was definitely not bright. It has the most airy, non fatiguing treble I have ever heard to date.

Atleast the Electra 1007 Be with the inverted dome beryllium tweeter was definitely not bright. It has the most airy, non fatiguing treble I have ever heard to date.

Interesting. I consider the 1027 Be to be one of the worst, brightest and most fatiguing speakers I have heard, the treble was the worst part of the speaker. This showcases different preference and perception.

Interesting. I consider the 1027 Be to be one of the worst, brightest and most fatiguing speakers I have heard, the treble was the worst part of the speaker. This showcases different preference and perception.
It's all about the electronics you use. Put bad ones and it will shout. Put good ones and the treble will be fantastic.

I've used the Chorus 706s with passive/JC clone/and tube(AP) pres and an Odyssey Kismet. Wouldn't call it bright.
Now, with a Marantz AVR for HT duty, it's a different proposition.

Amplifier and source have a huge huge impact on what you hear. Ignore them at your own risk.

You may have misunderstood. Electronics make a difference that is but a drop of water compared to the ocean of preference/perception. It would be illogical to ignore the human mind in a field where the point is mental experience.

Dear experts,

1) How to Increase energy , brightness of Indiqaudio diamond achal ?
2) How to reduce brightness of focal Aria 948 bit ?

Is it DAC adjustment, Acoustics ,cables or Add TT or INT amp with those bass, treble knobs?
Please, give your valuable inputs ,suggestions .

Dear experts,

1) How to Increase energy , brightness of Indiqaudio diamond achal ?
2) How to reduce brightness of focal Aria 948 bit ?

Is it DAC adjustment, Acoustics ,cables or Add TT or INT amp with those bass, treble knobs?
Please, give your valuable inputs ,suggestions .
One way would be to increase treble using the treble knob to your taste if it is there or use some sound equalization device.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back