How many of you have PMC speakers?

I use pmc 20.26...But not exactly enamoured by their lean presentation. But they have the best bass I've ever heard. Fast, rhythmic, punchy and deep, with lots of texture even in the bass. But never found their mid range or treble to be all that special to my deaf ears. But for bass heads or fans of psychedelic music, these are a match made in heaven :)

I use pmc 20.26...But not exactly enamoured by their lean presentation. But they have the best bass I've ever heard. Fast, rhythmic, punchy and deep, with lots of texture even in the bass. But never found their mid range or treble to be all that special to my deaf ears. But for bass heads or fans of psychedelic music, these are a match made in heaven :)

Have you heard the Twenty5 series? From what I read, the 20 series were a bit brighter than their successors

Have you heard the Twenty5 series? From what I read, the 20 series were a bit brighter than their successors

Hi jai

Never heard the 25 series. But the 20 series can definitely be bright at times. Even the treble can get harsh on some tracks if not sympathetically paired.

Hi jai

Never heard the 25 series. But the 20 series can definitely be bright at times. Even the treble can get harsh on some tracks if not sympathetically paired.
Nothing that can't be tamed with Cables and positioning, absolutely not bright at all, depends more on source and recording.

Yes, the midrange is a bit of hindrance ; but again it's nitpicking with assumption that there's a perfectly ideal speaker somewhere in the world! Barring a few issues like recessed vocals, A well executed TL design has lots of advantages.

Bought a pre-owned TB2i recently in fabulous condition for a what is basically a throwaway price. All I can say is the speaker is the most tube friendly speaker in my possession. I have recently been listening to an EAR v12 and let me say that with the PMC, the EAR produces the most soulful music I have ever heard - detail in spades, smooth mid range and a harmonically rich sound overall. The amp review will come soon but all I can say is that this is one of the nicest combos I have heard to date. The natural synergy of PMC to tubes is fantastic.

Bought a pre-owned TB2i recently in fabulous condition for a what is basically a throwaway price. All I can say is the speaker is the most tube friendly speaker in my possession. I have recently been listening to an EAR v12 and let me say that with the PMC, the EAR produces the most soulful music I have ever heard - detail in spades, smooth mid range and a harmonically rich sound overall. The amp review will come soon but all I can say is that this is one of the nicest combos I have heard to date. The natural synergy of PMC to tubes is fantastic.

The Pmc dealer in Mumbai demos with Octave tube amps too.
And if it was not for the boxes not being available for shipping, the 2i would have been with me 🙂
They sure sing with the right amps.
Good buy. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pmc dealer in Mumbai demos with Octave tube amps too.
And if it was not for the boxes not being available for shipping, the 2i would have been with me 🙂
They sure sing with the right amps.
Good buy. Enjoy.
I have owned a v40 se before and let's say it was underwhelming to say the least. This EAR is an altogether different level.

If I had 11lac spare change sitting around, I would not think for even a minute. In fact my wife said why does it have to go away so soon. Can't it be here another week :).

U R lucky man U get PMC speaker @ throwaway price 😇😇🎼🎼🎼 # congarts 💐
Bought a pre-owned TB2i recently in fabulous condition for a what is basically a throwaway price. All I can say is the speaker is the most tube friendly speaker in my possession. I have recently been listening to an EAR v12 and let me say that with the PMC, the EAR produces the most soulful music I have ever heard - detail in spades, smooth mid range and a harmonically rich sound overall. The amp review will come soon but all I can say is that this is one of the nicest combos I have heard to date. The natural synergy of PMC to tubes is fantastic.u

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back