How to keep the LCD Panel neat and clean

buy one of those lcd cleaning kits,actually just the liquid and make sure its very mild..

then go buy a nice and big microfibre towel, i use x-static microfibre cloth and its really good will cost you around 150 for 1 towel and these are available on ebay

also their is one microfibre specially for glass and the other is general use,i have both and i dont kno if one is better than the other for cleaning a tv coz i have tried both and both seem to do the job well,no scratches and no cleaning marks

now just spray a very little amount of the solution on the cloth to just make it a little damp or you can also spray directly on the tv just make sure u dont spray near the edges since the liquid might run of and damage the electronics

now clean with the microfibre and if you used it damp then use a dry part to do the final cleaning as any residual liquid will tend to form small stains on the screen

microfibre is really very absorbent so it will easily soak any liquid on the screen

if its just a little dust then no need to use any liquid

i dont know if other microfibre available are as good but the one from x-static certainly does the job well and also is quite big

search on ebay u will find it

buy one of those lcd cleaning kits,actually just the liquid and make sure its very mild..

then go buy a nice and big microfibre towel, i use x-static microfibre cloth and its really good will cost you around 150 for 1 towel and these are available on ebay

also their is one microfibre specially for glass and the other is general use,i have both and i dont kno if one is better than the other for cleaning a tv coz i have tried both and both seem to do the job well,no scratches and no cleaning marks

now just spray a very little amount of the solution on the cloth to just make it a little damp or you can also spray directly on the tv just make sure u dont spray near the edges since the liquid might run of and damage the electronics

now clean with the microfibre and if you used it damp then use a dry part to do the final cleaning as any residual liquid will tend to form small stains on the screen

microfibre is really very absorbent so it will easily soak any liquid on the screen

if its just a little dust then no need to use any liquid

i dont know if other microfibre available are as good but the one from x-static certainly does the job well and also is quite big

search on ebay u will find it

Hi,

There is a lot of dust in my house as I live on the main road corner house. The only one I found on ebay was @500 and that too no info on the dimension of the cloth and if it consists of a fluid or not.

http://cgi.ebay.in/KleenSafe-Cleani...1?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item483f82b3cf

Could you suggest a mall?

--
Kindest regards,
helium

Last edited:
isnt microfiber the material that comes as wiping cloth for glares/sunglasses? like a rayban etc?. i have multiple such ones lying at home..thinking of using them instead of buying something afresh

isnt microfiber the material that comes as wiping cloth for glares/sunglasses? like a rayban etc?. i have multiple such ones lying at home..thinking of using them instead of buying something afresh

Yes, that is correct but you would need a bigger size and that's what I intend to get with the fluid.

They may be microfibre, they may not.

Microfibre is amazingly good at cleaning, because its micro fibres reach into micro spaces and draw out dust. it also removes grease with little or no need for fluids.

Please remember, though, that, like any cleaning cloth, it holds dust, and that dust is abrasive, and that is what hurts your screen. Use it clean!

Can we use Colin spray cleaner?

Given the level of finish of the new TVs, I would say any liquid is suspect. What I would do is to use the blower end of a vacuum cleaner to blow the dust of the TV. Then using a simple cotton cloth, wipe the TV clean. If needed, the cloth can be wet, and you can add a drop (just a drop) of mild liquid soap. I would even go to the extent of using something like Johnson's baby shampoo.

When i went to Dubai recently I found a blower for Rs.700/-. It is simple hand held device that roars like a jet engine, but blows like hell. I have then found out that it is also available in India for about a 1000. A very useful device. I have found many electronic engineers using this device. I have started using it twice on all my A/V equipment.

In Chennai, I have found many electronics shop use something called 'CleanMax Polish'. This is a white liquid that stinks like mad. According to the label this 'gently cleans and polishes computer cabinets, monitors, screens, TVs radios, cellphones, furniture, refrigerators, laminated sheets, plastics, marble, sewing machines, fans, painted surfaces, cars, two wheelers, etc'.

I have purchased a bottle and will test it with great caution on a few items to see if it leaves any marks. I hate the smell, by the way.

Cheers

Last edited:
Beware of any squirting bottle on your LCD.

I may know nothing about TVs, but I have an LCD monitor. Remember that there is a row of connections at the bottom of the screen. I've heard of liquid drops running down and leaving blank vertical lines on people's screens.

Real microfibre cloths work best with the minimum of liquid. This is my hint to dampen them: run a little water into the sink and let it drain. Now lay the cloth on the wet surface. It will transfer just a little dampness. A real microfibre cloth will make things look like new!

I can see some sticky dirt & its not going with dry wipe.Which liquid cleaner will be the best?
Any other option?

I bought the HP LCD cleaning kit with Liquid and cloth , and after wiping the screen there are stains in motion of the wipe, looking really ugly , how do i get rid of it ?

I bought the HP LCD cleaning kit with Liquid and cloth , and after wiping the screen there are stains in motion of the wipe, looking really ugly , how do i get rid of it ?

You just have to patiently rub it with a mildly wet cloth a few times, and then with a dry cloth till the stains/marks go away. The telltale marks left by a cleaning liquid can only be removed with water or very mild soap.

Cheers

Always clean in one direction and apply gently, DONOT put more pressure while cleaning the panel. Also DONOT use tissue papers or soft tissue. A soft cloth is fine. Never use any solutions to clean the panel, water should be fine.
Croma and Reliance Digital has specific products for cleaning the LCD's and Plasmas.
In Chennai you get these stuss in Richie street too.

Always clean in one direction and apply gently, DONOT put more pressure while cleaning the panel. Also DONOT use tissue papers or soft tissue. A soft cloth is fine. Never use any solutions to clean the panel, water should be fine.
Croma and Reliance Digital has specific products for cleaning the LCD's and Plasmas.
In Chennai you get these stuss in Richie street too.

What abt sticky,I am not able to remove a stain with dry cloth.

What abt sticky,I am not able to remove a stain with dry cloth.

Thats the reason i mentioned to use water. Just immerse the cloth in water and wipe the stain gently. After this process use the dry cloth to clean thoroughly.
P.S - DONOT use tissue papers because it will leave the paper threads in the panel once you wipe

Another Do NOT use tissue or paper of any kind.

When I made jewellery as a hobby, I soon found that paper tissue leaves fine scratches even on silver, which is probably harder than an LCD screen.
Just immerse the cloth in water and wipe the stain gently
Not if it is real microfibre. It will actually not work as well if it is soaked. Just a suggestion of dampness will do.

Another suggestion for removing those tiny spots (just done this with my monitor)... Saliva, as well as being, obviously, wet (duh! ;)) is good at removing grease. Just touch the tip of the tongue with the microfibre cloth and use that spot on the cloth to get rid of spot on the screen.

Will water not cause any reaction with panal?Which type of panal can be cleaned with water?IPS/TN others....

Water will not react with anything. It can be used on anything. If water were to react with anything, we would all be dead. As Thad has mentioned a few times, the idea is to use a mildly damp cloth so that no water drips on to anything part of the screen. Use it the way Thad has mentioned, or, if you have wet the cloth too much, rinse it hard, and shake it a few times till the resident water is thrown away. Worst case scenario, is to wait till the cloth gets a little dry.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks to you all.I will try that.I was worried as earlier LCD versions(not LCDtv)used to stop working due to water contact.say LCD watch & so did not want to risk LCDtv. :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back