How to keep the LCD Panel neat and clean

cmpugay

HI

I own Sony KLV-40EX500 and yesterday I saw several finger prints, dust and other kind of marks on my LCD Screen.

Can anyone guide me how to keep the LCD Screens neat and clean ?

HI

I own Sony KLV-40EX500 and yesterday I saw several finger prints, dust and other kind of marks on my LCD Screen.

Can anyone guide me how to keep the LCD Screens neat and clean ?

Soft cotton or micro fiber cloth dry wipe and then with a damp cloth using water only. NO solutions are required.

Always clean in one way direction. Never rub back and forth...... Avoid any sorts of solutions... As said microfiber cloth will do just fine. You can find them in staples store or any computer store.

I used Spectacle cleaning cloth and then wiped it first dry and then with little water and after drying it left some cloth movement marks. Is it OK.

Then I tried the recently purchase HP LCD/TFT Cleaning kit from Staples, Big Bazar Counter at BSK 3rd Stg but it is also giving same result.

Sorry, not sure about B'lore. I got it from Vijay Sales. Try any of the computer stores or well-known gadget malls like Vijay Sales, Croma or eZone.

So the common consensus is that dipping the TV in the bath tub for a wash is a no no.

Although this might sound like a joke, I did have my very educated wife in everything but electronics nicely wash my keyboard in soap and water to clean it. Needless to say, she was generous enough to pay for the brand new keyboard that I was eyeing. :)

Regards,

Sunil

Last edited:
So the common consensus is that dipping the TV in the bath tub for a wash is a no no.

Although this might sound like a joke, I did have my very educated wife in everything but electronics nicely wash my keyboard in soap and water to clean it. Needless to say, she was generous enough to pay for the brand new keyboard that I was eyeing. :)

Regards,

Sunil

While buying laptop ,if cost no object buy yourself Panasonic Toughbook! You can wash that laptop with soap and water!

I did have my very educated wife in everything but electronics nicely wash my keyboard in soap and water to clean it.
Had she worked for a hardware maintenance company? There was a time when this was certainly an accepted technique, and, if it is as a result of a hot sweet drink preceding the water, then it is kill-or-cure anyway.

The mistake might have been in plugging it in before it was absolutely dry.

As a child, various things got spilt over my LPs. Several times I resorted to soap and water --- but my gramaphone was hardly sophisticated, although it was one of the better makes of single-box mono players. I was very sad when it died.

I have got streaks of dirt on my plasma glass...the micro-fiber cloth supplied by LG is too damn small. Now I am wondering, since it's glass only (unlike matt LCD screens) can I just use a soft cloth (regular) along with colin?

I have got streaks of dirt on my plasma glass...the micro-fiber cloth supplied by LG is too damn small. Now I am wondering, since it's glass only (unlike matt LCD screens) can I just use a soft cloth (regular) along with colin?

Duplicate post

Last edited:

You need microfiber towel :lol: . There is a place called paradise in infantry road... You will get big size cloth there....

Microfiber cloth has special properties that help in excellent cleaning.
Microfiber cloths have exceptional ability to absorb oils, fat and grease, and are soft enough not to scratch delicate surfaces.
Their special design gives them the property to hold matter and hence leaves no residue on the surface making it clean and dry, unlike cotton.

microfibercotton.gif

This excellent property also has its disadvantages though. If you use a dirty microfiber cloth which has particle matter held in it, it may damage/scratch the cleaning surface. But you can also clean a dirty microfiber cloth using detergents.

I realize all that, but the at the end of the day it's still just glass, and a tough one at that. What's the problem with paper tissues/clean cotton cloth with mild soap & water. Again this wont apply to matt screen LCD displays, but only for plasmas and glossy LCDs.

You might be surprised at just how abrasive paper/tissues can be. As a one-time hobby jeweller, I quickly learnt that you cannot use tissue or paper towel to polish or clean silver, unless you want a matt finish! Soft cotton was the only option. Mind you, this was decades before microfibre.

Any liquid you use... the cloth should be barely damp. Even using a fine spray can cause liquid runs that make it down to the bottom of the screen and cause terrible damage.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back