How to play Dolby Atmos enabled .MKV file in Panasoic UHD Bluray Player DP UB424 using USB 3.0

AMIT JADHAV

I have purchased Panasonic UHD Bluray player DP UB 424 from Germany. It is connected to DENON AVR X2200 Dolby ATMOS receiver and Benq 4K Projector.
While playing .MKV 4k files like "some name 2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT.mkv" through 3.0 USB , video plays but audio file is not supported. There is no audio from speakers.

But when file like " some name 2160p 4K UltraHD BluRay REMUX HEVC DTS-HD MA 5.1.mkv is played through USB3.0 both Video and Audio is playable. This is possible only when PCM is selected in Digital Audio Output

In MKV file audio playable is AAC, PCM, Vorbis, FLAC as per the specifications.

Can anyone advise what is the problem and what should be done to player settings so as to play Dolby ATMOS files from USB device.

I guess that is issue with Panasonic, may be it doesn't support DTS HD MA using USB, I had the issue with BDP220 long back.
Oppo supports and I have moved to Oppo for some other reason.
You can change the settings to PCM instead of bitstream then it will work , now the issue is decoding done by Panasonic and not
by your AVR.

I guess that is issue with Panasonic, may be it doesn't support DTS HD MA using USB, I had the issue with BDP220 long back.
Oppo supports and I have moved to Oppo for some other reason.
You can change the settings to PCM instead of bitstream then it will work , now the issue is decoding done by Panasonic and not
by your AVR.

Dear Renjith,

With PCM on, player plays audio of DTS-HD MA 5.1 but not DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos . I dont understand the reason.
Is there any Firmware update for the same

I am attaching Specifications of player.

Kindly advise

Regards

Amit jadhav

Attachments

• Panasonic DP UB424.pdf
    96 KB · Views: 10
Amit,

You can update to the latest firmware and check, if it is still not working it may be the way USB is implemented or issue with the content.
Genrally player just shows DTS-HD and DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD and never say 7.1 or 5.1
How do you know it is DTS-HD MA 5.1 and DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos?

Check with Panasonic support, I guess the flagship model UDP900 will support.

Thanks

I have purchased Panasonic UHD Bluray player DP UB 424 from Germany. It is connected to DENON AVR X2200 Dolby ATMOS receiver and Benq 4K Projector.
While playing .MKV 4k files like "some name 2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT.mkv" through 3.0 USB , video plays but audio file is not supported. There is no audio from speakers.

But when file like " some name 2160p 4K UltraHD BluRay REMUX HEVC DTS-HD MA 5.1.mkv is played through USB3.0 both Video and Audio is playable. This is possible only when PCM is selected in Digital Audio Output

In MKV file audio playable is AAC, PCM, Vorbis, FLAC as per the specifications.

Can anyone advise what is the problem and what should be done to player settings so as to play Dolby ATMOS files from USB device.

This seems to be a new challenge in the players which are available today......here is a workaround ......

download "tsmuxer" application and convert the mkv file to m2ts everything seems to work after that.....

Refer to this thread

True HD play back will not be supported by Panasonic and Sony players in .mkv format, for the reason well-known to the manufacturer's

So you have to download different format or convert your file.

Hi there, i have panasonic 4k player ubp820 and yamaha v525 receiver which is capable of playing atmos true hd mkv files (tested on nvidia shield ) When the panasonic runs bluray discs it recognizes true hd and dtx x, but when i use usb with mkv files it says that audio is not suppored. Any clues of fixing this issue? Thanks

Simply buy an mi 4k box online,sideload kodi on it ,put yur favourite movie in usb,play on mi box ,or yu can buy nvidia shield nd sideload kodi on it
As far as i have tested upto dolby digital plus on mib4k box with audio passthrough option
For dolby atmos yu have to buy nvidia shield

Same with fire stick. Kodi converts audio.
Some formats are not supported same with my harmon kardon bds player ,it has dlna support ,when i play certain movies with h264 codec and aac 6 ch audio it gives multi channel surround audio ,while h265 codec encoded movies are not supported

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back