Oppo UDP 203 (4k Bluray Player with Dolby Vision support) available for pre-order

I had received a special pre-sale invite which allowed for to place an order for a unit in the first batch:

rts1Gw2.png

It got delivered to my suite today, so I should be receiving it sometime next week.

The one in India is locked to Region C. It won't be able to play Region A (locked) discs.

And just to be clear, the unit from the U.S is locked to Region A.
There are hardware mods that make the players region-free but I don't want to do that.

I had also received one of those. :) But I have decided to wait a bit more. But the logic of only a difference of Rs 5000, when you are investing Rs 70000 is irrefutable. :)

I had received a special pre-sale invite which allowed for to place an order for a unit in the first batch:

And just to be clear, the unit from the U.S is locked to Region A.
There are hardware mods that make the players region-free but I don't want to do that.

So pre-sale invite was good for you.
I think region free hardware mods are yet to be released for UDP-203?

Enjoy your player!

I had also received one of those. :) But I have decided to wait a bit more. But the logic of only a difference of Rs 5000, when you are investing Rs 70000 is irrefutable. :)

1) I have over 100+ blu-rays that are locked to Region A

2) A player bought in India won't be able to play those.

3) Hence imported the player. It's not a cost thing.

So pre-sale invite was good for you.
I think region free hardware mods are yet to be released for UDP-203?

Enjoy your player!

Mods are available: JVB Digital, Codefree OPPO UDP-203 External kit DVD modification kit

Buying a Region C Locked player in India for 75k and then a region-free mod for another 120$ is more expensive than importing a Region A (locked) player for 60k including everything.

I think the indian price 75K is including the region-free modification kit. In Indian normally Oppo was sold as region free player which included the mod kit. Please check with the distributor / dealer.

Yes it will be region free, but all stock in first order is pre sold. Booking for next shipment is being taken atm.

Didn't mean to discourage you Srinivas, but seeing that you have more than 300+ blu rays, I guess it makes sense to invest in a region A player.

Do enjoy it and start a new thread with pictures etc and your review etc.

Enjoy madi!

Hi, I just confirmed with the OPPO India Support , they said that it would not be locked to any region and said will be region-free. They said since India uses blu-ray players mainly to watch movies of US-A & EU-B they have no choice but to keep the player region-free always, so anyone buying from their website on their authorized dealer would get a region free player for 75K with Official India warranty. That sounds to be legit and much better then ordering from the US

Hi, I just confirmed with the OPPO India Support , they said that it would not be locked to any region and said will be region-free. They said since India uses blu-ray players mainly to watch movies of US-A & EU-B they have no choice but to keep the player region-free always, so anyone buying from their website on their authorized dealer would get a region free player for 75K with Official India warranty. That sounds to be legit and much better then ordering from the US

Any idea if this is plugin type hardware mod? Or is it some hardwired/ soldered mod? Will firmware updates work fine with this mod?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back