How to play mkv file on Sony Bravia LED tv-a guide

I had same problem on my EX520 Bravia.
.mkv files are not supported on my tv. So i had to convert .mkv file to .mp4 file using "avidemux" software which is available on the link1 .
Using the link2 i followed the instructions and converted my movie from .mkv to .mp4, but while on computer the sound comes and on tv only video with no audio.
Later i realized that AAC audio format works with mp4 files. Hence using same instructions from link2 except for "audio output" dropdown choose AAC(lav) and convert your file. The MP4 file will play with audio on your computer and TV. Works always for me.

Link1: Download Avidemux
Link2: Solution: Play MKV files on a Sony Bravia TV by USB - Club Myce

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL...!!!;):)

I had same problem on my EX520 Bravia.
.mkv files are not supported on my tv. So i had to convert .mkv file to .mp4 file using "avidemux" software which is available on the link1 .
Using the link2 i followed the instructions and converted my movie from .mkv to .mp4, but while on computer the sound comes and on tv only video with no audio.
Later i realized that AAC audio format works with mp4 files. Hence using same instructions from link2 except for "audio output" dropdown choose AAC(lav) and convert your file. The MP4 file will play with audio on your computer and TV. Works always for me.

Link1: Download Avidemux
Link2: Solution: Play MKV files on a Sony Bravia TV by USB - Club Myce

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL...!!!;):)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back