how to reuse the AIWA speakers NSX S22HR

iluvhifi

Hi

My dad has an AIWA 600watts fm/3cd changes/audio hifi system purchased nearly 12 years back in dubai.

Main unit stopped working 4 years back and everything got shelved. just today when cleaning off the old stuff , found the speakers intact.

Model number : NSX S22HR

This is same as NSX-S22

Please let me know how i can reuse the speakers alone with some other amplifier main unit . These AIWA speakers are one of the best during those times i still remember the excellent sound effect.

I have attached the photos.

Please kindly provide me some pointers. I live in india , any pointers will be of great help to reuse the AIWA system.

zbej4.jpg

a4ojsp.jpg

Here is a link to the specifications of your speakers... http://www.instrukcia.ru/images/sm_aiwa_nsx-s22_s23-1.jpg

Looks like your speakers impedance is 6 Ohms and 87 db sensitivity... What other amplifier unit are you planning to pair them with ?

Hi Elangoas,

I am still researching how to reuse the speakers with any other unit independently.

I am sure speakers are working, so just need some independent single main unit which is compatible to make this speaker work.

Or is there any i can connect this to TV as sound out ? Do i need to make modifications ?

If you have any pointers - let me know.

Hi Elangoas,

I am still researching how to reuse the speakers with any other unit independently.

I am sure speakers are working, so just need some independent single main unit which is compatible to make this speaker work.

Or is there any i can connect this to TV as sound out ? Do i need to make modifications ?

If you have any pointers - let me know.

You will need either an stereo amplifier (or) AVR to reuse them if you intend to connect to TV or any device...

Iluvhifi,

FIrst let us know whether the Current Music system is atleast powering ON.If it possible to check the Music system with local repair shot to check whether the Aux part is Working ,In some case the CD Unit might got some major issues but Power amp and Preamp would be working fine.In Other Words if the FM is working in the system then it means the AUX would work and you can add run them with TV.

But Now you could check and comeback.

Hi @Audio_freek

Thanks for your comment. Main unit gets powered on and i could see the greenish display, but none of the functionality is working , tape recorder and 3cd change player stopped working long back . Radio is also not working .

In short , main unit internal parts may be good but not working when invoked from the front button interface.

Good, So No Power Issue.

Just check with Local technician whether the AUX could be repaired to work.In case its cost you less than say 1K,Then Use the same+Get a DVD or Blu ray player and enjoy music.

I understand The system would have cost in 5 Figures when it was purchased,So lets try to bring them to work to the Maximum extent.

In case you like to buy New Amp, then let us have your Budget. Possible Entry level New Amp or Pre-owned should work with them.

Initially I too was using the JVC music speakers with my Yahama amp, It was really awesome for the money what i spend for them.

Same issue is with me, I owned the Aiwa NSX KT9 & the main unit stopped working & I do not want to let go off the speakers, its 220 RMS, will post the specs later tonight.

i too have these spekers purchase 15 yrs back. the main unit stopped working long back. recently i paired these speakers with lepai 2020A+ T class amp and surprisingly i am enjoying better sound than earlier.

uttam

iluvhifi,
As Audio_Freek mentioned, Did you checked video/Aux in the front panel?. Power it on, wait some time, then check again. Because, mine worked that way.

I'm using aux of sony mini system with tv.
girish:)

My friend is using his sony system when CD and tape stopped working but aux was working. He connected it with his computer using AUX port. It sounds great.

Another option could be a cheap Tripath amp.

Lepai 2020 can be sourced for less than 2k (I am using it and it is good)
If need more refinement, can use topping amps

Hi I used similar Aiwa speakers with topping amp and the sound used to be clean and nice sounding much better than our Panasonic speakers. I still use them as surrounds, best is to buy a tripath amp and they will sound even better. But the main unit amp should be working, just ask the technician to direct the aux connection and give. Your are sorted else go the tripath route.

Just a practical note for the folks above: I had a similar AIWA system which had a 3 driver AIWA speaker setup.
I hooked it up to a Norge Amp.. I think it was 40W *2 Output.
They sound brilliant and give such a wholesome sound, they really can give tough competition to the the budget bookshelves.

Get a cheap amp and try to give them a new life. But be warned, speakers themselves have a life of 15-20 years before the paper cones start degrading.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back