HT setup

sandeep27

Hi folks,

am planning to setup HT for my living room. i have sony 40'' BX400 series LCD and Tata sky HD.sony mhc-gnz888d Hifi system. the speaker specification of this hifi system is as follows:
470W RMS (160W x 2 + 50W x 3)

P.M.P.O. 5200W
Total RMS 470W
Front (RMS) 160W x 2
Center (RMS) 50W
Rear (RMS) 50W x 2

to start up with i am planning to buy yamaha RX-v465 receiver. i need your feedback on this Receiver. If i buy yamaha RX-v465 can i use the sony speakers that i have mentioned above along with this yamaha receiver?
how is the performance going to be Yamaha RX-465 + sony mhc-gnz speakers ?

regards,

sandeep

welcome to the forum buddy...

also mention your room dimensions and budget...

spend some time here and audition systems.

however a BIG NO FOR SONY.

but before buying anythin again spend time here. search forums.. hell lots of knowlegde spread here about the ocean you are planning to dive in..

spend time.. buy best .. and enjoy sound..

welcome again

Guys, sorry for not being clear.

i already own 2yrs old sony mhc-gnz888d hifi system and the speaker specifications are as mentioned below.

Total RMS 470W
Front (RMS) 160W x 2
Center (RMS) 50W
Rear (RMS) 50W x 2

my concern is if i buy a yamaha RX-v465 receiver can i use the existing sony mhc-gnz888d speakers for it?

my budget is 15-20k for receiver. so i am planning to go for receiver as of now and upgrade speakers at later stage.

regards,

Guys, sorry for not being clear.

i already own 2yrs old sony mhc-gnz888d hifi system and the speaker specifications are as mentioned below.

Total RMS 470W
Front (RMS) 160W x 2
Center (RMS) 50W
Rear (RMS) 50W x 2

my concern is if i buy a yamaha RX-v465 receiver can i use the existing sony mhc-gnz888d speakers for it?

my budget is 15-20k for receiver. so i am planning to go for receiver as of now and upgrade speakers at later stage.

regards,

what is the speaker impedance?
If it is 4 ohm, you may not be able to use them with yamaha-v465..
Sony HT speakers are crap..why don't you sell the old HT and buy a brand new AVR + 5.1 speaker pkg (polk or energy or Wharfdale)..

hi alok,

Center and surround speakers are 8 ohms and front speaker is 4 ohms...

Reason why i am planning to stick with sony speakers is because the budget is restricted to yamaha AVR as of now and will upgrade speakers later.

regards,

hi alok,

Center and surround speakers are 8 ohms and front speaker is 4 ohms...

Reason why i am planning to stick with sony speakers is because the budget is restricted to yamaha AVR as of now and will upgrade speakers later.

regards,

you can reuse center and surround speakers.. but the fronts may damage the AVR..

hi alok,

i see that you have mentioned 4 ohm front speakers might damage AVR is that because receiver needs to pump more current into these speakers?

correct me if i am wrong.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back