HTiB - Onkyo S6405 (Package of TX-NR509 & SKS-HT648)

arvichan

I have been exploring the option of a good HT with 60K budget. I need a Receiver with Ethernet facity as I use online radio & DLNA on TV & Smartphone. And I have narrowed down to this model and have been quoted 60K at beats99 (Mulund, Mumbai). Budget is not a big concern but want to go for HT in one go with value for money.

Onkyo HT-S6405 5.1 Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Interestingly, I can step up to NR609 & the speaker for the same budget going by Amazon.de route but nervous about 'no warranty'.

This HT is for my living room of 10'X19' and to be plugged with LG 42" LED (connected to home 300Mbps router) and SKY HD. Movies are played directly from laptop through DLNA or hard disk connected on TV. Don't have DVD/BD Player and dont think I will need one.

My requirement would be of 25% movies & 75% music.

tower speakers are tempting but I do not have a suitable space as the TV cabinet (recently bought) got has occupied all space and it can accomodate just the Receiver & SW.

FYI, I am not an audiophile; though I research a lot, I want to go for a one step shopping for the complete HT.

Friends, Please feel free to share your thoughts...

P.S: I like Denon 1912 (at 35K) though I am not sure about the best 5.1 set for it

Last edited:
You should go with a denon receiver + 5.1 satellite speaker system. Some of the good names you can try are wharfedale, boston acoustics, Jamo, polk audio, mordaunt short, q acoustics. they all have good 5.1 HTIB systems. This would definitively sound better than the onkyo 5.1 system.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back