HTiB or component setup - Advice Please !

navneetr2008

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and a noob in the home theatre setups.

I am planning to buy a new home theatre with budget of around 25k

One of my friend is having both the STR-K5SW and BDV-E4100. But, he is moving out and is willing to sell muteki STR-K5SW for 15k and BDV-E4100 for 22k ( he already got buyer, but withholding it for my choice :) )

Today i auditioned for sony muteki STR-K5SW and BDV-E4100

I felt muteki was not having good sounstage, and we have buy a media player separately . But i felt that BDV-E4100 performed well with soundstaging and was having more features like 3D bluray playback, wifi, usb host, etc.

But considering i am getting muteki for 15k and E4100 for 22k, what should i go for?

Or should i look for component setups? If so, can u please suggest some?

Can you suggest any better home theatres in this price range?

I am waiting for your awesome expertise and advice :)

For BDV, you only have 1 optical in. would this be a problem for you if had to extend your range of source for audio?

For BDV, you only have 1 optical in. would this be a problem for you if had to extend your range of source for audio?

Thank you for your reply :)

Currently i have a Philips full HD tv with hathway HD set top box, which i am planning to connect to the HT via optical. As you have pointed out, if i have to connect more than one device in future, it is not possible. Is there any optical switcher which can switch between multiple sources ( something like a Multiplexer) available?

Also, muteki STR-K5SW has 3 hdmi in, optical in, coaxial in and 1 hdmi out. Is it any good as a AV receiver? ( compared to denon, ohkyo, etc.. and considering i am getting it for 15k) ?

Do try for Denon, onkyo entry level HTIB's. Many of the FM's here have them are satisified with it. Ofcourse your budget of 25K is bit less. You can increase 5k-7k more and get entry level HTIB's of near audiopile brands rather than the one's you stated. Do Demo for onkyo 3400 or 3500 in Modernworld (Domulur - service road) and Denon at MG road - Profx for the HTIB's before you go for muteki. Modernworld and many other offer EMI options too.
Or if you wanna go for components your budget to be increased further say atleast 50000 Rs or so.

Last edited:
agree.if you wanna go for components your budget to be increased further say atleast 50000 Rs or so.
12.gif

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back