i have crt tv ,dvd player only .if i buy asus oplay mini plus?

i have
crt tv
dvd player
1TB wd external hard disk
i dont have internet connection on my home.
my qus.
1.my dvd player plays avi formate & its support fat partition only.if i connect oplay mini on my dvd,its plays bluray iso,mkv?
2-i have music collection in flac formate on my ext. hard disk.oplay mini plays flac formate on my crt tv.im not
a audiopile.i dont have amp & speaker setup.i wanna little betterment in usual mp3's
3-i have 2 partion on my external hard disk.fat & nfts.but my dvd player not recogonised nfts partition.it needs fat 2 nfts convetion.oplay support both or fat only?
4-imp qus..play mini plus wifi connect net on my crt tv or only HDVT?
5-.i dont have net connection on my home.but i have Sony Ericsson Xperia mini mobile its have 1GHz proceer speed,android OS & Wi-Fi hotspot.if 2 share my mobile wifi to oplay mini?
6-if i share my mobile wifi 2 oplay mini plus,its connect utube,picassa & facebook on my crt tv?
7-if connect utube,videos load normal speed or buffering(coz my mobile have 1ghz only)
8-i dont have home theater.oplay supports 7.1 HD audio.i have some HD audio movies on my collection.any difference between normal crt tv audio with oplay connected crt tv audio?

Last edited:
1.my dvd player plays avi formate & its support fat partition only.if i connect oplay mini on my dvd,its plays bluray iso,mkv?

You dont connect a media player to a DVD player, you connect it directly to the TV, and since your is a CRT I presume it would only be having an RCA connection or a component at the max. Use the RCA cable (Red--Yellow-White) provided with the Asus O play and connect it directly to the TV from your ASUS. N

Not sure if O Play plays BD ISOs but it centerny can play MKVs (Check the official website to confirm the formats supported)

2-i have music collection in flac formate on my ext. hard disk.oplay mini plays flac formate on my crt tv.im not a audiopile.i dont have amp & speaker setup.i wanna little betterment in usual mp3's

I am not sure what you are asking here, you want your flacs to be MP3, or you want to have a better setup to play your flacs

3-i have 2 partion on my external hard disk.fat & nfts.but my dvd player not recogonised nfts partition.it needs fat 2 nfts convetion.oplay support both or fat only?

AFAIK Oplay can read data off both ntfs and fat, so you should be okie with it.

its not the TV that connects on to the internet, its the player. TV only displays it.(except the current gen smart TVs that can connect directly to internet) So if your Oplay is connected to ur CRT and you browse internet or play youtube using the Oplay player, you crt will display it. You dont nee an HDTV for it.

5-.i dont have net connection on my home.but i have Sony Ericsson Xperia mini mobile its have 1GHz proceer speed,android OS & Wi-Fi hotspot.if 2 share my mobile wifi to oplay mini?

Yes .... get a wifi dongle for Oplay. Use the hotspot feature, of ur mobile to create an access point. You should be able to access internet from Oplay.

6-if i share my mobile wifi 2 oplay mini plus,its connect utube,picassa & facebook on my crt tv?

If your Oplay has utube FB widgits and is connected to internet using the above method then YES

7-if connect utube,videos load normal speed or buffering(coz my mobile have 1ghz only)

1Ghz is the processing speed...... it has nothing to do with internet bandwidth. Mobiles conventionally work on 2G(EDGE) which are barely sufficient to stream Video/Music (internet radio works well), so if you wanna stream videos n music using your oplay better get 3G on your mobile and then connect the wifi.

Make sure you know the 3G plans and cost, its expensive so you shoudl know what you are doing.

8-i dont have home theater.oplay supports 7.1 HD audio.i have some HD audio movies on my collection.any difference between normal crt tv audio with oplay connected crt tv audio

it will be downconverted to 2 channel audio and will be played on ur CRT.

Last edited:

You dont connect a media player to a DVD player, you connect it directly to the TV, and since your is a CRT I presume it would only be having an RCA connection or a component at the max. Use the RCA cable (Red--Yellow-White) provided with the Asus O play and connect it directly to the TV from your ASUS. N

Not sure if O Play plays BD ISOs but it centerny can play MKVs (Check the official website to confirm the formats supported)

2-i have music collection in flac formate on my ext. hard disk.oplay mini plays flac formate on my crt tv.im not a audiopile.i dont have amp & speaker setup.i wanna little betterment in usual mp3's

I am not sure what you are asking here, you want your flacs to be MP3, or you want to have a better setup to play your flacs

AFAIK Oplay can read data off both ntfs and fat, so you should be okie with it.

its not the TV that connects on to the internet, its the player. TV only displays it.(except the current gen smart TVs that can connect directly to internet) So if your Oplay is connected to ur CRT and you browse internet or play youtube using the Oplay player, you crt will display it. You dont nee an HDTV for it.

Yes .... get a wifi dongle for Oplay. Use the hotspot feature, of ur mobile to create an access point. You should be able to access internet from Oplay.

If your Oplay has utube FB widgits and is connected to internet using the above method then YES

1Ghz is the processing speed...... it has nothing to do with internet bandwidth. Mobiles conventionally work on 2G(EDGE) which are barely sufficient to stream Video/Music (internet radio works well), so if you wanna stream videos n music using your oplay better get 3G on your mobile and then connect the wifi.

Make sure you know the 3G plans and cost, its expensive so you shoudl know what you are doing.

8-i dont have home theater.oplay supports 7.1 HD audio.i have some HD audio movies on my collection.any difference between normal crt tv audio with oplay connected crt tv audio

it will be downconverted to 2 channel audio and will be played on ur CRT.
thank you very muchhhhhhhhhh....for ur deatailed reply.
now im decided 2 buy a oplay mini plus media player.
still i have som qus.
1-i can check oplay mini plus support video extension,its not support bd iso.if any other bd format support to play with oplay?
2-oplay mini plays flac better than mp3 or same(mp3) audio quality?
5-u say get a wifi dongle.im not asking about oplay mini.im asking about oplay mini plus.already its have WiFi 802.11 b/g/n technology.oplay plus also needs wifi dongle?

Ur welcome ... however using the thanks button would have been more appreciative ...... :D :)

1-i can check oplay mini plus support video extension,its not support bd iso.if any other bd format support to play with oplay?

Refer the official web site for all formatt support

2-oplay mini plays flac better than mp3 or same(mp3) audio quality?

Its same, the sound quality will depend on the quality of speakers more rather then the player....

5-u say get a wifi dongle.im not asking about oplay mini.im asking about oplay mini plus.already its have WiFi 802.11 b/g/n technology.oplay plus also needs wifi dongle?

If it already has wifi then you dont need a dongle. Just use your phone wifi as hotspot and connect the player.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back