If you are short of HDMI slots on your TV you must read this thread

vishal2032

Although I have three HDMI slots on all my all TVs but there is always a slot that is just a DVI ( No sound output). On my 5 year old 42" LG LCD .. 1 HDMI slot is taken by Sony 5.1 Home Theater , 1 HDMI slot by TATA SKY HD . I had no room to connect my WD Media Player with HDMI slot (ever since i upgraded to TATA SKY HD) so I had to connect that with AV slot. Changing a single HDMI slot for different products never works when you use all of them daily.
I wanted a product that could give me additional HDMI Slots! Most of the devices are expensive (around 2k +) , large (nearly half of the size of DVD players) and require additional power supply. I was in no mood to add additional power cable and loose space in my already clumsy system!
Recently searching on EBAY for HDMI Cables, I came across a product
1 to 3 Port Way HDMI Multi Display Switch Hub . Price is around Rs.400 (including shipping) and it doesn't require addition power supply. I ordered it straight away (though I doubted its capability but took the chance because it was just the product I was looking for).

Today evening I checked it on my system. It is just bigger than a credit card and build is just about ok( must be made in China). But to my surprise It worked very well. Connect it to one HDMI of TV and then you can connect it upto three devices and you can change between them by pressing a small button built on it. I checked HD content on TATA SKY HD and WD Media Player and it was absolutely fine.

So If anyone is looking to add extra HDMI options to the system at a budget price you can go for this.
Many people are selling this and few similar looking products on EBAY.
Choose after having communication with the sellers. I think all products might be working as good as this one.
I am giving the link from which I bought it
http://www.ebay.in/itm/321180693756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Rs. 400+ is too much. I bought one at Kochi local shop a few months back for Rs. 150/-.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back