IFFALCON TVs owners thread

The iFFfalcon K2A has 280 nits backlight brightness, I feel that's too low for a 55 inch TV and no idea how it can do HDR, when a minimum of 400 nits is needed for decent HDR. Everything about the K2A looks good except the 280 nits brightness.

I have power standby enabled but when I switch off from remote the TV switched off and when started using remote it boots all over again.why

Hi,

I recently got iFfalcon 55 K2A model, and the picture quality normally is good. When I play a static screen - grey coloured test screen (used this link:
) , the left and right upper edges seem to be a bit dark compared to the rest of the screen. and the grey uniformity is not good. I've attached a couple of images.

I still have the return window open and do you think this a problem. Or is this something normal considering the panel quality and edge lighting?
Can you see a similar grey uniformity on your set or is this a defect?

Thanks,
Ranga
Terrible. Will def be unwatchable for me in sports panning scenes. Could these kind of brands be using poor rejected panels of LG at reduced cost I wonder.

Hi, I just purchased the 55 inch. I'm having issue with getting audio through Arc and Bluetooth. I've connected Arc from TV to Arc in my yamaha 108 soundbar but I'm not getting any audio from soundbar. I have T link turned on. Is there any settings I need to turn on? 2nd problem I have the TV is unable to find Bluetooth device. I went to Bluetooth-add accessories. It keep on searching and unable find my soundbar. What could be the issue?
what is the video source?

had tried one 4k video a couple of days back on the official youtube app. the video had a lot of jitters. was in a hurry so didnt investigate more. might have been a interent bandwidth issue.
4K UHD content works like a charm, be it Official Youtube app or Smartyoutube app. Netflix works fine too where there is a option for 4k content. I have got 40mbps line & that helps a lot for online 4k content.

And yes, SmartYoutube app does support HDR10 unlike official app..

I have power standby enabled but when I switch off from remote the TV switched off and when started using remote it boots all over again.why
I have experienced this for few times as well. Sometimes the tv switches On instantly. But it did reboot few times when resuming from standby mode. Its a tv software issue..

Y
4K UHD content works like a charm, be it Official Youtube app or Smartyoutube app. Netflix works fine too where there is a option for 4k content. I have got 40mbps line & that helps a lot for online 4k content.

And yes, SmartYoutube app does support HDR10 unlike official app..
Yup, faced the problem only once. Might have been a network issue. I have a 50mbps line. 4k uhd does work work well on YouTube and Netflix.

Now the official Youtube app supports 4k.
That's only 4K and that has been there for a while now. But there's no HDR support. Only SmartYoutube provides it.

I was wrong. YouTube HDR is not possible on any AndroidTV device, not even the high end Nvidia Shield. YouTube HDR uses VP9 profile 2 which no TV/box supports.

The HDR option you see in SmartYouTubeTV is fake. Compare SDR and HDR versions of the same video, and you will notice that the HDR version is completely washed out and looks worse than SDR.

The only way you can get HDR YouTube is with a Chromecast Ultra. More details:

I was wrong. YouTube HDR is not possible on any AndroidTV device, not even the high end Nvidia Shield. YouTube HDR uses VP9 profile 2 which no TV/box supports.

The HDR option you see in SmartYouTubeTV is fake. Compare SDR and HDR versions of the same video, and you will notice that the HDR version is completely washed out and looks worse than SDR.

The only way you can get HDR YouTube is with a Chromecast Ultra. More details:
yes smartyoutube HDR looked washed out.That said LG and samsung flagship do support vp9 profile 2.Iffalcon only supports vp9 and not vp9 profile 2.It can be added via firmware update though currently there are not many HDR videos on youtube

I have recently purchased the Iffalcon K2A 55". Could someone please help me with the following issue please?

The TV does not start up the first time i switch on the power button. I have to press for a second time (sometimes even the third time) in order for it to turn on. However this only happens when I switch on the TV after 1 hour or more of inactivity. Could someone please tell me if theres a problem in my set? is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

PS: I wait for enough time for the TV to start booting after pressing "ON" the first time, but its only on the second press that the TV actually boots. Problem is occuring with both remotes - IR one and bluetooth one.

Could someone please try the same?? Any help will be appreciated!

I have recently purchased the Iffalcon K2A 55". Could someone please help me with the following issue please?

The TV does not start up the first time i switch on the power button. I have to press for a second time (sometimes even the third time) in order for it to turn on. However this only happens when I switch on the TV after 1 hour or more of inactivity. Could someone please tell me if theres a problem in my set? is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

PS: I wait for enough time for the TV to start booting after pressing "ON" the first time, but its only on the second press that the TV actually boots. Problem is occuring with both remotes - IR one and bluetooth one.

Try to reset the tv software & see if that happens again ..

I am facing the same issue. This after switching on the Instant Power On setting. So my gripe was that why should TV go through a full reboot with the instant power set to On. Same behaviour, if you restart the TV within 10-20 mins of putting to Standby, then instant power on works but after 30 mins, it takes you 2 clicks of the power button to get the TV started and then it reboots the whole Android thing. I got a technician to visit - these guys had no clue what to do about this. Tried flashing some Firmware, wiping cache etc. but the issue persists. Ultimately the service guy says that this behaviour is present in all Android TV including ones from Sony - that Instant Power on is valid only for some time, and after some time the TV will switch off needing a full android boot when you Power On again.

I was thinking I would return the TV (today is the last day of the 10 day return period from Flipkart) but I think I will live with this issue hoping they fix it via a software patch in some time. Does anyone any other Android TV and comment about this behaviour?

I am facing the same issue. This after switching on the Instant Power On setting. So my gripe was that why should TV go through a full reboot with the instant power set to On. Same behaviour, if you restart the TV within 10-20 mins of putting to Standby, then instant power on works but after 30 mins, it takes you 2 clicks of the power button to get the TV started and then it reboots the whole Android thing. I got a technician to visit - these guys had no clue what to do about this. Tried flashing some Firmware, wiping cache etc. but the issue persists. Ultimately the service guy says that this behaviour is present in all Android TV including ones from Sony - that Instant Power on is valid only for some time, and after some time the TV will switch off needing a full android boot when you Power On again.

I was thinking I would return the TV (today is the last day of the 10 day return period from Flipkart) but I think I will live with this issue hoping they fix it via a software patch in some time. Does anyone any other Android TV and comment about this behaviour?

I have exactly the 2 same issues that you're facing. The power button issue and the booting issue.

Although I think the "Instant Power ON" feature is a gimmick and thats how its supposed to work (for just 30 minutes). I say that because the option for "Instant Power ON" from settings menu is removed altogether in Android Oreo ( I noticed that from youtube videos of other TV's running oreo). So i'm guessing that the long boot "might" be normal.

As for the two clicks on the remote, I face the issue after the TV is off for 1 hour or so (need to press twice or thrice to turn on). I am yet to reset the TV and I will figure out whether it still persists. I'll update you in a couple of hours once i'm done resetting. Have you tried a reset though and did it solve the issue for you?

Can others please comment if they are facing the 2 issues? Specifically the "Two time clicking of power button to turn on the TV". Sorry to bother as my replacement/return window time is running out in a few days.

Best video settings for sci-fi movies?
I was watching Blade Runner 2049 REMUX, when I switched between 'Natural' and 'Movie' in video settings it looks completely different colours.
Thanks.

Nope. My set is working fine. But there are few software bugs in tv which makes it act weird sometimes.
go to settings and reset the tv. Set it up again & see it that prob persists ..
I tried resetting my TV. Issue persists even after resetting. Should I go ahead with a replacement?

Best video settings for sci-fi movies?
I was watching Blade Runner 2049 REMUX, when I switched between 'Natural' and 'Movie' in video settings it looks completely different colours.
Thanks.

Movie mode is pretty bad. Colors look all washed out. Natural and Dynamic are better.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back