IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Forum Members i am planning to buy one
... the only thing i am worried about HDMI Arc functionality... lot of users have complained that it is not been able to connect to sound bars using hdmi arc .... is this problem is with every tv unit??... tham why they have mentioned arc on hdmi port??

I have Blaupunkt Tower speakers, connected using HDMI ARC. Works as expected (turns on and off with TV and the usual sound level control). No issues so far.

From my complete analysis, i've figured out a pattern. Btw these scenarios are applicable while "instant on" feature is set to "on"

1. TV will instantly switch on only for the first 30 minutes. After that the TV will always undergo a full reboot (including iffalcon logo and andorid animation). During these first 30 minutes it will take only 1 click to turn on the TV.

2. More than 30 minutes , the TV will always undergo complete booting (Iffalcon+android animation)

3. More than 1 hour, the TV will need two clicks to turn on followed by the usual booting.

Again, remember, these scenarios happen when you have kept instant on option turned on.
Let me know if its a similar pattern for you?

I would have tested the Netflix and bluetooth issue on my TV, however I wont be able to help you since I don't have an active subscription to Netflix.

Guys I think I have found a solution to this instant on standby issue. I'm testing a workaround, hope you guys try it too and see if it works.

Step 1: Turn on developer option
Step 2: go to Developer options >>background process limit>> at most 4 processes
Step 3: Install kodi, start it and exit it using the home button of the remote.

Now keep tv in standby for more than half an hr or so... Keeping in mind you have the instant option on, the tv will most likely turn on instantly, without having to boot from start.

Let me know if it works for you guys.

While streaming in netflix - when 1080p content - bitrate around 5.4mbps & for 4k UHD content - bitrate around 15.26mbps.

I can clearly see the difference in resolution. No such issues like blurry ui etc..

Check your internet speed in netflix app..
I don't know why the videos play in 4k but the Netflix UI is blurry and all the letters look smudged and the pictures look low res and I have contacted Netflix as well and they said they cannot help and I need to stream in some other device. Does anybody have a fix? I tried Netflix from my ps4 and the UI is crisp and sharp without pixelation, so I feel the Netflix app is not optimized for an android tv and something needs to be done.
Hi Iam also running Netflix on 4k no issues,as suggested check you bandwidth atleast 70 Mbps is needed.

Please anyone answer that iffalcon tv has support for HDCP 2.2 ?? It is really mandatory in real world now>Even 4k Amazon fire Tv stick Will work on only HDMI port compatible with HDCP 2.2... Owners Please answer this with your own experience!!

And please do not write or answer until you have any authenticated proper information about the content asked about!!
Do you have any proof that contradicts my answer? How do you know, I haven't done enough research before responding? Instead of thanking, you are criticizing me, without any knowledge or experience.

Do you have any proof that contradicts my answer? How do you know, I haven't done enough research before responding? Instead of thanking, you are criticizing me, without any knowledge or experience.
Bro i just called iffalcon technical support team & asked specifically about hdcp 2.2 support .. they clearly responded that hdmi 1 supports it .. and i have a recording also i can share with u .. after that only i wrote this comment ..... in future dont give your blunt opinion!!

Bro i just called iffalcon technical support team & asked specifically about hdcp 2.2 support .. they clearly responded that hdmi 1 supports it .. and i have a recording also i can share with u .. after that only i wrote this comment ..... in future dont give your blunt opinion!!
Then I don't see any reason, you asking forum members about something. You already know?? Why don't you share the recording.

Then I don't see any reason, you asking forum members about something. You already know?? Why don't you share the recording.
Bro read it carefully after asking in forum yesterday, i called them today only ... Give me your mail id i will mail u as an attachment so that you can keep with you as token, for not sharing your raw knowledge in future on open platforms like this which gives misapprehensions about a product !!

Bro is it 5.1 channel system ?? does hdmi port is HDCP 2.2 support ??

I have connected Sony HT RT3 5.1 soundbar via HDMI ARC and it works great. I get proper 5.1 output from Netflix, Amazon Prime and Media Center app. I could also get 5.1 output working in Nova Video Player by enabling HDMI passthrough setting. One thing to note is that the speaker supports only Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+ formats. Fortunately Netflix and Amazon Prime use only Dolby formats. But if you try playing a video with DTS audio from your pendrive, it will not work.

Incidentally I tried connecting speaker via optical port and surprisingly DTS works but only if played via Media Center app. But connecting via optical port is a big hassle; you have to use separate remote for speakers while via HDMI ARC you can control speaker with TV remote itself. So I went back to HDMI ARC. Once in a while when I have to play MKV files with DTS audio, I just convert the audio alone to EAC3 (Dolby Digital+). Since the video is not touched, it takes only like 10 minutes to convert.

I have connected Sony HT RT3 5.1 soundbar via HDMI ARC and it works great. I get proper 5.1 output from Netflix, Amazon Prime and Media Center app. I could also get 5.1 output working in Nova Video Player by enabling HDMI passthrough setting. One thing to note is that the speaker supports only Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+ formats. Fortunately Netflix and Amazon Prime use only Dolby formats. But if you try playing a video with DTS audio from your pendrive, it will not work.

Incidentally I tried connecting speaker via optical port and surprisingly DTS works but only if played via Media Center app. But connecting via optical port is a big hassle; you have to use separate remote for speakers while via HDMI ARC you can control speaker with TV remote itself. So I went back to HDMI ARC. Once in a while when I have to play MKV files with DTS audio, I just convert the audio alone to EAC3 (Dolby Digital+). Since the video is not touched, it takes only like 10 minutes to convert.
Brother thanks a ton for your answer... Tell me one thing more that is it adviceable to go for ht-rt40 with 4 k more in comparison with ht-rt3.... apart from aesthetics & looks, does there is any difference between sound of rear speakers ?? I am in confusion wether to spend 4k more is justified or sound is same if i hook up the rear speakers of rt3 at same height as of rt40 ??

Hi

I have a iffalcon 55" Android TV. My internet speed is 100Mbps.

For HDR to work with PS4Pro (resolution 2160p-RGB), I had to connect via HDMI 2.0 ports of iffalcon i.e either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. On rest of the two ports, HRD is not getting enabled on PS4Pro (only 2160p-YUV420).

I recently got Amazon fire TV 4K stick.I was not able to play UHD content from Amazon Prime. Kept receiving an error which says bandwidth of atleast 15Mbps is required on a 4K HD TV which supports HDCP 2.2 on selected HDMI input. Check the attached image.
I checked all the 4 HDMI ports but no luck. Although, it shows HDR content being played on all the 4 HDMI ports using Fire Stick 4K on Amazon Prime Videos.

I suppose there is no setting to enable HDCP 2.2 like we have provision to enable HDMI 2.0 explicitly on HDMI ports 1 and 2.

q1) If anyone has been able to play 4K(UHD) content on Amazon prime using Amazon 4k fire stick, please share your experience.

q2) Whenever there is HRD content, a brief notification "An HDR 10 video is being played" is shown. Anyone able to figure out if iffalcon has 8bit panel HDR or 10bit panel HDR? Can a 8 bit HRD panel process HDR10 video and give the output is as expected out of a HRD content?

q3) When TV is powered off from remote, then later(may be more than 20-30mins) trying to switch on via pressing Power button on the remote it doesn't work and I need to toggle the main power supply. Others have also reported the same experience I believe. Anyone for whom this issue is not reproducible at all?

q4) Any information on when Oreo update may come for iffalcon 55" Android TV? Is it possible to flash the TV with the Oreo version of iffalcon from 40"/65" ?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi

For HDR to work with PS4Pro (resolution 2160p-RGB), I had to connect via HDMI 2.0 enabled port of the TV i.e either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. On rest of the two ports, HRD is not getting enabled on PS4Pro (only 2160p-YUV420).

I recently got Amazon fire TV 4K stick.In the beginning, I was not able to play UHD content from Amazon Prime on any HDMI port. Although, it shows HDR content being played on all the 4 HDMI ports using Fire Stick 4K on Amazon Prime Videos. But as the video was being played, HD HDR changed to HD1080p HDR and then to UHD HD HDR. So looks like initially firestick plays in HD only and later according to internet speed buffers in higher resolution. This does tells us that HDCP 2.2 may be enabled on all the 4 ports, else video would not have played in UHD resolution.

I have below queries:

q1) Whenever there is HRD content, a brief notification "An HDR 10 video is being played" is shown. Anyone able to figure out if iffalcon has 8bit panel HDR or 10bit panel HDR? Can a 8 bit HRD panel process HDR10 video and give the output as expected out of a HRD content?

q2) When TV is powered off from remote, then later(may be more than 20-30mins) trying to switch on via pressing Power button on the remote it doesn't work and I need to toggle the main power supply. Others have also reported the same experience I believe. Anyone for whom this issue is not reproducible at all?

q3) Rarely I do find some pixels( 1cmx1cm square) on top right corner are not rendering the image and are grey/white. After some time, or on changing the source(hdmi input) and switching back the issue disappears. Once I even got a pink vertical line near the left edge which got corrected on re-starting the TV. Anyone else have any similar experience?

q4) Any information on when Oreo update may come for iffalcon 55" Android TV? Is it possible to flash the TV with the Oreo version of iffalcon from 40"/65" ?

Thanks in Advance.

PS: Ignore the above message posted on December 29, 2018 at 10:51 PM #299

Hi

For HDR to work with PS4Pro (resolution 2160p-RGB), I had to connect via HDMI 2.0 enabled port of the TV i.e either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. On rest of the two ports, HRD is not getting enabled on PS4Pro (only 2160p-YUV420).

I recently got Amazon fire TV 4K stick.In the beginning, I was not able to play UHD content from Amazon Prime on any HDMI port. Although, it shows HDR content being played on all the 4 HDMI ports using Fire Stick 4K on Amazon Prime Videos. But as the video was being played, HD HDR changed to HD1080p HDR and then to UHD HD HDR. So looks like initially firestick plays in HD only and later according to internet speed buffers in higher resolution. This does tells us that HDCP 2.2 may be enabled on all the 4 ports, else video would not have played in UHD resolution.

I have below queries:

q1) Whenever there is HRD content, a brief notification "An HDR 10 video is being played" is shown. Anyone able to figure out if iffalcon has 8bit panel HDR or 10bit panel HDR? Can a 8 bit HRD panel process HDR10 video and give the output as expected out of a HRD content?

q2) When TV is powered off from remote, then later(may be more than 20-30mins) trying to switch on via pressing Power button on the remote it doesn't work and I need to toggle the main power supply. Others have also reported the same experience I believe. Anyone for whom this issue is not reproducible at all?

q3) Rarely I do find some pixels( 1cmx1cm square) on top right corner are not rendering the image and are grey/white. After some time, or on changing the source(hdmi input) and switching back the issue disappears. Once I even got a pink vertical line near the left edge which got corrected on re-starting the TV. Anyone else have any similar experience?

Thanks in Advance.

PS: Ignore the above message posted on December 29, 2018 at 10:51 PM #299
Thanks for sharing your experience. ... it means all the ports have support for hdcp 2.2 ... and you played 4k content from netflix or amazon prime??

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back