IFFALCON TVs owners thread

@JKJ So only HDMI 1 & 2 ports are HDMI 2.0 version ? I am trying to find out the same info since last few days.

I have a pc with Intel HD4600 builtin GPU which is capable of output of 2160p@60fps via Display port 1.2 on my pc motherboard. I have bought a *Display port 1.2 to HDMI 2.0* 5 meter cable from Aliexpress. But when connected to HDMI 3 or 4 ports, the output is limited to 2160p@30fps only.

I guess I will try with HDMI 1 or 2 ports & see if it does give 2160p@60fps. You need HDMI2.0 port for 2160p@60fps mode..

Thanks for sharing your experience. ... it means all the ports have support for hdcp 2.2 ... and you played 4k content from netflix or amazon prime??

I played UHD content in Amazon Prime via Amazon Fire Stick 4K. Attached is a snapshot.AmazonPrimeUHD.png

Fire Stick is placed in HDMI port 3 and still HDR is seen on the Amazon Prime even though HDMI 2.0 is not there in HDMI port 3 and 4.

I don't have a premium Netflix account. But many others have tested 4K and HDR content from Netflix app installed in the Android TV.

@JKJ So only HDMI 1 & 2 ports are HDMI 2.0 version ? I am trying to find out the same info since last few days.

I have a pc with Intel HD4600 builtin GPU which is capable of output of 2160p@60fps via Display port 1.2 on my pc motherboard. I have bought a *Display port 1.2 to HDMI 2.0* 5 meter cable from Aliexpress. But when connected to HDMI 3 or 4 ports, the output is limited to 2160p@30fps only.

I guess I will try with HDMI 1 or 2 ports & see if it does give 2160p@60fps. You need HDMI2.0 port for 2160p@60fps mode..

HDMI 2.0 can be enabled only on HDMI port 1 and HDMI port 2.
HDMI_2_0_Option.png

HDMI port 1 is MHL enabled I guess and HDMI port 2 can be used for ARC. HDMI ports 3&4 are probably v1.4 only.

@JKJ I think we need to figure out for sure about this HDMI2.0 ports. The SOC Mediatek one inside can support upto 4 HDMI 2.0 ports. But is it implemented by TCL that I am not sure. I guess I will call CC for this. Tommorrow I will check the pc connection to either HDMI 1 or 2 ports to check 2160k@60fps mode..

Hi everyone I am new members here, I am also facing same problem with this TV I am unable to connect my Sony htr40 home theater system with this TV. Sounds is not coming from HT though I contacted it with arc to 1st hdmi. Please help

What is Tlink here? Why to enable that feature for sound? I guess it is for mirroring stuff only..
Tlink is CEC , different brands name it differently. Consumer electronic control allows connected devices to communicate back and forth. You can control the AVR sound, on/off using the TV remote. Although, they are separate features but that's how companies have implemented them till now, CEC and ARC together.

Hi everyone I am new members here, I am also facing same problem with this TV I am unable to connect my Sony htr40 home theater system with this TV. Sounds is not coming from HT though I contacted it with arc to 1st hdmi. Please help
Your issue is resolved now?? After performing those steps ??

What do you mean @60fps? A TV display runs on hz (50/60 hz) etc. which is a refresh rate - a low value and you may notice flickering and eye fatigue. 60fps is frames per second which in your case seems what your graphics card can produce while rendering games fast. TVs can show 24/30/60 fps but they don't care what is causing that frame rate - they are connected at a refresh rate level. I use Fire Stick 4K and the TV always show it running in 2160p at 60 hz.

What do you mean @60fps? A TV display runs on hz (50/60 hz) etc. which is a refresh rate - a low value and you may notice flickering and eye fatigue. 60fps is frames per second which in your case seems what your graphics card can produce while rendering games fast. TVs can show 24/30/60 fps but they don't care what is causing that frame rate - they are connected at a refresh rate level. I use Fire Stick 4K and the TV always show it running in 2160p at 60 hz.

Thats a typo. What I meant is Hz not fps. Actually what I really wanted to type was 2160p@60hz

I saw the TV had lag at my friend's house but said it's 65 inch price tag was good. It also closes the apps we open with errors sometimes. Do anyone face such issues.

Since all iffalcon TV's have same motherboard & configuration.
& new 32", 49", 65" have Android 8.0

is is possible to somehow flash firmware/rom from other models to 55" & upgrade it to Android 8.0 ?

or Does anybody have any info, when 8.0 upgrade is coming for 55" ?
FYI, 65 doesn't run with 8.0,it's with 7.0 only

Can any one connect their 55in k2 with mobile phone Bluetooth to play song. I am not talking about screen mirroring only Bluetooth to play song. I am able to pair my phone with TV but not able to play song on it.

I today bought a boat 2.1 soundbar. When i am connecting it with HDMI 2, there is no sound coming out from soundbar but when i am connecting it with Aux cable, i am getting the output. Can anyone help me out with connection with HDMI arc?

I today bought a boat 2.1 soundbar. When i am connecting it with HDMI 2, there is no sound coming out from soundbar but when i am connecting it with Aux cable, i am getting the output. Can anyone help me out with connection with HDMI arc?

You need to enable T-Link in TV settings; not with the settings app you on TV but by pressing settings button on the infrared remote.

Someone please help with how to open the settings menu (brightness control etc.) from the bluetooth remote.
There is a settings button on the bigger remote to do it but how do i do it from the smaller remote?

Someone please help with how to open the settings menu (brightness control etc.) from the bluetooth remote.
There is a settings button on the bigger remote to do it but how do i do it from the smaller remote?
press the keyboard button on the smaller remote. on the menu that opens you get a settings option. click on that and you will get the main settings menu.

Hi Guys,

I have been using iFFALCON K2A 55 inch TV for 7 months now, and have had mixed experience. Lately, one issue has started annoying me a lot, it is the auto dimming feature. Not sure if anyone of you have faced the same, but I have been facing it since the day one. It is basically the feature where screen's back light dims whenever darker colors/regions are displayed on the screen. Though it didn't affect much while watching movies, but i recently started gaming a lot and this issue is really bugging me like hell. Now, on other TVs this can generally be handled by either turning off power saving/eco mode or by turning off auto-dimming/auto back light settings. But, in case of this TV, i have tried turning off everything i could - mix-dimming, auto-dimming, dynamic contrast, etc, but have not been able to get rid of this. Has anyone on this forum faced this issue, and have been able to fix it? Is there a power save settting on this tv (which i am not able to find)? Or any other ideas to fix this? I am really close to getting rid of this TV, if I am not able to find a fix. Pls avoid suggesting to connect with CC, they are as useless for tcl as for Mi (have talked to both). Thanks.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back