IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Hi Guys,

I have been using iFFALCON K2A 55 inch TV for 7 months now, and have had mixed experience. Lately, one issue has started annoying me a lot, it is the auto dimming feature. Not sure if anyone of you have faced the same, but I have been facing it since the day one. It is basically the feature where screen's back light dims whenever darker colors/regions are displayed on the screen. Though it didn't affect much while watching movies, but i recently started gaming a lot and this issue is really bugging me like hell. Now, on other TVs this can generally be handled by either turning off power saving/eco mode or by turning off auto-dimming/auto back light settings. But, in case of this TV, i have tried turning off everything i could - mix-dimming, auto-dimming, dynamic contrast, etc, but have not been able to get rid of this. Has anyone on this forum faced this issue, and have been able to fix it? Is there a power save settting on this tv (which i am not able to find)? Or any other ideas to fix this? I am really close to getting rid of this TV, if I am not able to find a fix. Pls avoid suggesting to connect with CC, they are as useless for tcl as for Mi (have talked to both). Thanks.
Try changing display settings from dynamic to standard

Can any one connect their 55in k2 with mobile phone Bluetooth to play song. I am not talking about screen mirroring only Bluetooth to play song. I am able to pair my phone with TV but not able to play song on it.
You cannot use your tv as output speakers streaming from your mobile phone

Hi People, Need some help here. Let me give you a background first. So I recently bought a XBOX One S & I was not able to connect it with the tv on a 4K Input. I tried all the 4 HDMI Ports, different cables etc. It didn't work . It only worked on 2K Resolution. I then reached out to the official support team on the toll free and I was advised that there is a bug in the s/w which will be corrected with a firmware/sw update . After a lot of chase and struggle the team finally came, tried to figure out what was wrong and finally advised that s/w update should fix this. I said pls go ahead and too my surprise the idiots downgraded the s/w, the build no for the installed firmware is lower then what came installed, though thankfully its still based on Android 7.x . The real irony 4K on XBOX One S still doesn't work and it still says that TV doesn't support 4K.

I've now got three questions

1. How do I connect my XBOX One S with iFFALCON 55 Inch K2A ?
  2. How do I update the firmware/SW, does any one of you have the updated file ? I'm looking for this V8-T658T01-LF1V379
  3. I found this Russian site, turns out TCL sells this under different brand names in different countries. The site has the latest build, Is it advisable to flash the TV through the firmware file found on this site ? Here's the link . http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t912898-0.html

Since all iffalcon TV's have same motherboard & configuration.
& new 32", 49", 65" have Android 8.0

is is possible to somehow flash firmware/rom from other models to 55" & upgrade it to Android 8.0 ?

or Does anybody have any info, when 8.0 upgrade is coming for 55" ?

I'd also like to know when is the update coming for android 8

I am looking to enhance the sound of my K2A 55 model tv. Any suggestions for soundbars in 10k? Mi soundbar is an option but it lacks good connectivity options and remote control.

press the keyboard button on the smaller remote. on the menu that opens you get a settings option. click on that and you will get the main settings menu.
clicking the keyboard button is not opening the menu... same problem with the power button on the bluetooth remote. could you advise please? unable to switch off the TV using bluetooth remote

clicking the keyboard button is not opening the menu... same problem with the power button on the bluetooth remote. could you advise please? unable to switch off the TV using bluetooth remote
somtines the keyboard button does not respond when am in a app (specially netfix). also you can try pairing the remote again witht he tv.

Guys : Good News, Managed to Get Android 8.0 for 55K2A . Attached is the Google Drive Link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_oqosY8L8INg0-4jks2BrGzGLbtABC_Z?usp=sharing ( The files are still being uploaded, pls try in 1 Hour in case you're not able to download )

Thanks!
How safe is it to install it? Will the TV run into any problem? (Can it brick or something) Will the currently installed apps and data be erased? Will The Netflix dedicated button work after upgrading? Can I go back to 7.0 nougat if I wish?

Also, where did you manage to get it from?

Last edited:
Guys : Good News, Managed to Get Android 8.0 for 55K2A . Attached is the Google Drive Link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_oqosY8L8INg0-4jks2BrGzGLbtABC_Z?usp=sharing ( The files are still being uploaded, pls try in 1 Hour in case you're not able to download )

Thanks!
I have downloaded the firmware 2 times but it's always through error "bad archive".
Can you please upload the firmware again? Possibly to some other sharing site. Other than Google drive. There are many occasions when user can't download files from drive fully.

If any of you guys got it running, could you please post photos of the UI? I am curious if the launcher changed and appears similar to how it looks on my MarQ 49".

What's the installation process? The SystemUpdate>Local Update is not working. My USB is in FAT32 and has the pkg file.
Power off the TV, hold the power button in remote and power button on TV at the same time until ,u see a screen saying "don't turn off "

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back