IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Hi Guys,

I have been using iFFALCON K2A 55 inch TV for 7 months now, and have had mixed experience. Lately, one issue has started annoying me a lot, it is the auto dimming feature. Not sure if anyone of you have faced the same, but I have been facing it since the day one. It is basically the feature where screen's back light dims whenever darker colors/regions are displayed on the screen. Though it didn't affect much while watching movies, but i recently started gaming a lot and this issue is really bugging me like hell. Now, on other TVs this can generally be handled by either turning off power saving/eco mode or by turning off auto-dimming/auto back light settings. But, in case of this TV, i have tried turning off everything i could - mix-dimming, auto-dimming, dynamic contrast, etc, but have not been able to get rid of this. Has anyone on this forum faced this issue, and have been able to fix it? Is there a power save settting on this tv (which i am not able to find)? Or any other ideas to fix this? I am really close to getting rid of this TV, if I am not able to find a fix. Pls avoid suggesting to connect with CC, they are as useless for tcl as for Mi (have talked to both). Thanks.

Guys - Anyone else facing the same issue (of screen dimming)? If yes, any solutions? Does Oreo update fixes it?

Last time i tried using the 2.0 service USB port. Now it got updated to Oreo when i tried using the 3.0 port. Thanks.
This.
The TV will enter the update mode with blue USB 3.0 ports only. I had been trying only with 2.0 port because it said "service USB" port.

This.
The TV will enter the update mode with blue USB 3.0 ports only. I had been trying only with 2.0 port because it said "service USB" port.
I updated mine using the USB 2.0 service port. Followed steps as mentioned, the little window came up and the process finished as described. I did not format my pen-drive before using it. I just copied the .pkg file to the root of the drive, and it sat there along with some other contents that were already there. My drive is on FAT32 FS.
I noticed something though - after updating using the .pkg, my Kernel version shows as 3.10.79 compiled by yangkx@SZ0000065 on Wed Dec 12 22:32:29 CST 2018x, whereas in one of the previous posts where screenshot was shared of OTA-updated OS, the Kernel version & other info is same but compilation date is of Dec 20. So far everything seems to be working fine so not concerned for now. Just an observation. FYI, Build number for me shows up as OTT1.180130.001. In the screenshot in earlier post that I referred to, Build number is not visible.2019-01-24 01_07_21-Photo - Google Photos.png

Last edited:
I updated mine using the USB 2.0 service port. Followed steps as mentioned, the little window came up and the process finished as described. I did not format my pen-drive before using it. I just copied the .pkg file to the root of the drive, and it sat there along with some other contents that were already there. My drive is on FAT32 FS.
I noticed something though - after updating using the .pkg, my Kernel version shows as 3.10.79 compiled by yangkx@SZ0000065 on Wed Dec 12 22:32:29 CST 2018x, whereas in one of the previous posts where screenshot was shared of OTA-updated OS, the Kernel version & other info is same but compilation date is of Dec 20. So far everything seems to be working fine so not concerned for now. Just an observation. FYI, Build number for me shows up as OTT1.180130.001. In the screenshot in earlier post that I referred to, Build number is not visible.View attachment 33278
That's what I noticed first after booting up the TV.
maybe this one is not the final build.
There is one file with V8.0 available on XDA and the guy who uploaded it saying it's offiical rom

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1RBpAaQnK7OhoixAdMjjUU_wQ-XjXbCPj&export=download

Forum Link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/iffalcon-tv-india-rom-links-t3892518

I checked the Version no. with Manual guide though people are saying it's oreo i highly doubt it.

Try this ROM

is
There is one file with V8.0 available on XDA and the guy who uploaded it saying it's offiical rom

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1RBpAaQnK7OhoixAdMjjUU_wQ-XjXbCPj&export=download

Forum Link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/iffalcon-tv-india-rom-links-t3892518

I checked the Version no. with Manual guide though people are saying it's oreo i highly doubt it.

Try this ROM
Is ROM method (.rar file) different from .pkg method?

Try this ROM
Thanks for the info, I'd try it but I'm away from home for the next two weeks. Also, I checked the link for 55K2A (XDA post) and it says "User has put this file in the bin", so cannot download...

Anybody else got an OTA on their 55K2A?

Hi, I bought this TV recently. But I am unable to run Chromecast built-in into this TV. When I go to E-Manual and launch Chromecast, it says "chromecast built-in has stopped" and gives me an option to re-launch the app. When I re-launch E-Manual and do this again, it says "chromecast built-in keeps stopping". How are you guys running chromecast? Thank you.

Further, when I went to TV Guard -> App Manager -> chromecast built-in and tried clicking on "Open", it did nothing. I saw some cache and cleared it. Status still says "not-running".

You don't need to launch Chromecast app on TV. Try casting from YouTube app on your phone using cast button. If you are on the same WiFi as your TV, that button will be visible.

img_553ec791a6389.jpg

My iffalcon automatically got updated to Android TV 8.0!! Its UI looks lot better now.
Has others also got the update??

Does your country setting (language,etc.) say India? Not sure why you got the automatic update while others didn't! I didn't get it either - mine says, no need to update.

Does your country setting (language,etc.) say India? Not sure why you got the automatic update while others didn't! I didn't get it either - mine says, no need to update.
It’s very random at the moment. Iffalcon service keeps telling me to keep internet fast and TV on. I have a 100mbps connection yet nothing is happening.

Guess I’ll try changing my country from US to India. If everything fails and I don’t get an update by the end of this week I’ll manually update using .pkg

Yeah my country says India. My friend also has same TV but his set also says no update required.

Could someone please help me with this... The options and the power button on my bluetooth remote do not work. Power button works to turn on the TV but cannot turn it off using the bluetooth remote. The options button does not work at all. I tried re-pairing the remote but it did not help.. As long as the remote was unpaired, i could power the TV down using the bluetooth button.. After pairing.. it stopped working again. Please advise.

Could someone please help me with this... The options and the power button on my bluetooth remote do not work. Power button works to turn on the TV but cannot turn it off using the bluetooth remote. The options button does not work at all. I tried re-pairing the remote but it did not help.. As long as the remote was unpaired, i could power the TV down using the bluetooth button.. After pairing.. it stopped working again. Please advise.
try clearing all apps from multitasking and then turn off..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back