IKEA soundproof curtains ?

Analogous

Many possibilities and so many questions
Anyone has used these? Feedback?

IKEA says: The curtain has been verified according to ISO 354 and has 50-100% greater absorption of medium and high sound frequencies than other fabrics with similar quality and weight.

IISO 354:2003 refers to Acoustics — Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room.
ISO 354:2003 specifies a method of measuring the sound absorption coefficient of acoustical materials used as wall or ceiling treatments, or the equivalent sound absorption area of objects, such as furniture, persons or space absorbers, in a reverberation room. It is not intended to be used for measuring the absorption characteristics of weakly damped resonators. The results obtained can be used for comparison purposes and for design calculation with respect to room acoustics and noise control.

Curtains are more of an "add on", by themselves they have little effect on the room, as noted in your post they work mostly for mid-high frequencies and even so with limited effectiveness. Get a thick curtain, as thick as possible. I have not used the ikea one you list but I wouldn't put much faith in it. Just remember that if you put a curtain on one side it will make the sound a little asymmetrical so it would be more ideal to put it on both sides.

Curtains are more of an "add on", by themselves they have little effect on the room, as noted in your post they work mostly for mid-high frequencies and even so with limited effectiveness. Get a thick curtain, as thick as possible. I have not used the ikea one you list but I wouldn't put much faith in it. Just remember that if you put a curtain on one side it will make the sound a little asymmetrical so it would be more ideal to put it on both sides.
Both sides as in?

I meant that for example if you put a curtain on the left side wall with a speaker on that side then do so for the right side as well.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back