importing blu ray player from 20 north?

jagadishareddy

Is importing blu ray player from 20 north worth it?
I was seeing the site and saw the Panasonic DMP-BD60 List Price :
Rs. 12744
Sale Price :
Rs. 6905
Duty : Zero
Shipping :
Rs. 2413 Air Only
Subtotal :
Rs. 9318
or
Panasonic DMP-BD80
List Price :
Rs. 15929
Sale Price :
Rs. 8687
Shipping :
Rs. 2497 Air Only
Subtotal :
Rs. 11184

do u feel is it worth importing any one of them?
is the price real?
can we import them with out duty?
i was thinking of importing the dmp-bd80.

thanks in advance

super prices. Search the forums for people's experiences with 20north. In summary you'll get your item but it may take time. Again, i just saw a post dated June 2009 where someone was getting the BD-80 for 21k in Dubai and people were remarking about how it was a great price.....so 11k+ sounds like a steal. Remember the fact that you will need a transformer for the 110V rating, and that it will only play Region A BDs.

Yes it is worth buying a Pano BD-80 for the price quoted..:) if no body is there to buy for you from USA for $172.

Beleive me,I was just looking same page in afternoon and found same super value.20north is giving 5% off for hifivision members(see add on top)

I was seeing the site and saw the Panasonic DMP-BD60 List Price :
Rs. 12744
Sale Price :
Rs. 6905
Shipping :
Rs. 2413 Air Only
Subtotal :
Rs. 9318
or
Panasonic DMP-BD80
List Price :
Rs. 15929
Sale Price :
Rs. 8687
Shipping :
Rs. 2497 Air Only
Subtotal :
Rs. 11184

is the price real?

thanks in advance

Yes, it is absolutely worth buying, but be prepared that you are buying an item from US, of course perhaps a brand new one, factory-sealed, but warranty is void. Also, you should go for step-down transformer as US electronic items works 110v at 60 hz, another 2K.

I have bought my denon AVR, sony bdp 360 from US through global ebay, so far so good. So, the price compared to other online sellers is good at 20north. So, just go for off it!

hey venkatesh, how are you sourcing your region A blu-ray discs? or have you got yourself a chip mod?

Yes, it is absolutely worth buying, but be prepared that you are buying an item from US, of course perhaps a brand new one, factory-sealed, but warranty is void. Also, you should go for step-down transformer as US electronic items works 110v at 60 hz, another 2K.

I have bought my denon AVR, sony bdp 360 from US through global ebay, so far so good. So, the price compared to other online sellers is good at 20north. So, just go for off it!

What is the best (non-Oppo) BDP available under 15k and which could be modified via h/w or s/w or remote to be region free for both DVDs and BDs?

What is the best (non-Oppo) BDP available under 15k and which could be modified via h/w or s/w or remote to be region free for both DVDs and BDs?

Buy any of the latest model from Panasonic and you won't regret, they are all modable with either H/W and remote.

well, one has to get confirmation from seller that its a class A product. Normally class B product comes in factory sealed box and are brand new. If at all worried about the product quality.
I have bought two class B products from USA and those are really not worth to go for.

hey venkatesh, how are you sourcing your region A blu-ray discs? or have you got yourself a chip mod?

I have not tweaked or modified anything so far in my BDP, most of the DVDs and blu-rays seem to work so far. If I have problems in future, I would seek help from forum gurus else return this to my cousin and get one Pana D80.

Panasonic DMP-BD80
List Price :
Rs. 15929
Sale Price :
Rs. 8687
Shipping :
Rs. 2497 Air Only
Subtotal :
Rs. 11184

is the price real?

thanks in advance

Hi,
I will recommend to go for BD80 for that price. I my self got one from 20north a month back for 16K. so its a nice price.Initially there used to have delays from 20north. But now they or streamlined can drop your item in 15days. Mine got in 15 days. Later ordered 20 BD movies got in 10 days only.

By the way I also imported ICOS chips for make it multi region/zone. I got 2 chips if you need one PM me.
ICOS HD Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 USA (NONE PAL) Modkit

Let me warn you about 20north. I ordered 2 items which did not have Customs duty as they only said u can avail the free gift packing where you can avoid the customs duty. To my shock I was given Rs. 1470 customs duty bill from DHL. Had to pay it as I did not want to send the items back. I know that avoiding customs is bad, but why advertise so and be deceptive.

Let me warn you about 20north. I ordered 2 items which did not have Customs duty as they only said u can avail the free gift packing where you can avoid the customs duty. To my shock I was given Rs. 1470 customs duty bill from DHL. Had to pay it as I did not want to send the items back. I know that avoiding customs is bad, but why advertise so and be deceptive.

I agree with this. It happened to me as well. When I ordered 9 BD movies, they packed bundle of 7 in one pack and the 2 in another to avoid duty by making the packs worth below 10K INR. But still for the bundle of 7 Disks pack attracted duty of 1300 rs, which I tried to save by selecting Duty free(Gift) option while purchasing. This might be because of size of pack or price 143 USD it attracted customs attention.

Anyways in Jagadeesh's case will advice to purchase with duty(extra 1200 rs) as box in which player packed is very big and will be around 180USD.

@idlebrain-How did you mod BD80?Yourself?
Whats the price?
Secondly BD80 takes 1min to load,is true with BD.?

@idlebrain-How did you mod BD80?Yourself?
Whats the price?
Secondly BD80 takes 1min to load,is true with BD.?

1) I took the help of Computer service guy.
2) Incl.Shipping its 75 Euros( Payed using my Holland card, didn't know how much could be in INR)
3)Comapring to DVDP its slow but not much to shout about.After 2.0 firmware update load times got improved.

Regards
Satya.

sorry to pry so much...... how many blu-ray discs have you tried on it? how do you get your blu-rays?

I have not tweaked or modified anything so far in my BDP, most of the DVDs and blu-rays seem to work so far. If I have problems in future, I would seek help from forum gurus else return this to my cousin and get one Pana D80.

sorry to pry so much...... how many blu-ray discs have you tried on it? how do you get your blu-rays?

I have the following Blu-ray titles, though have not bought any of them:D, just got it from my friends for viewing!
1. Billa
2. Shivaji
3. Villu
4. Ayan
5. Iron Man
6. 300
7. Home Alone part I
8. Dhoom 2
9. angels and demon
10. Matrix
11. LOTR

Some (first 4) of them are from UK and the remaining are from US (I guess). Dhoom - I am not sure! All of them worked well, so far so good.

Interesting US and UK discs work is it? i wonder if these are region free releases or whether there is some other explanation.

I have the following Blu-ray titles, though have not bought any of them:D, just got it from my friends for viewing!
1. Billa
2. Shivaji
3. Villu
4. Ayan
5. Iron Man
6. 300
7. Home Alone part I
8. Dhoom 2
9. angels and demon
10. Matrix
11. LOTR

Some (first 4) of them are from UK and the remaining are from US (I guess). Dhoom - I am not sure! All of them worked well, so far so good.

All Blu ray Disks from Sony and BigHomeVideo are region free. New releases from Excel are region coded to C or B & C. I got around 30+ are imported from US through 20north.
After applying Mod chip buying from Indian market.

Back