Improving stereo performance of 3020i

So from what I gather from this discussion is that
1. try tuning the phase of sub
2. Try isolation below speakers or use stand.
3. In future go for floorstanding speakers

Will 3030i be any better?

So from what I gather from this discussion is that
1. try tuning the phase of sub
2. Try isolation below speakers or use stand.
3. In future go for floorstanding speakers

Will 3030i be any better?
I have auditioned the 3020ii / 3030i together & I don’t think it’s going to make the difference.
If you have the option to return/exchange the 3020i & the subwoofer without losing any money then you can audition the 3050i (floor stander though) & see if you like the sound. Those sounded really good.
In the meantime play around with the settings or get an expert to help you with them. Maybe its just that

I have auditioned the 3020ii / 3030i together & I don’t think it’s going to make the difference.
If you have the option to return/exchange the 3020i & the subwoofer without losing any money then you can audition the 3050i (floor stander though) & see if you like the sound. Those sounded really good.
In the meantime play around with the settings or get an expert to help you with them. Maybe its just that
I purchased speakers and subwoofers seperately from different vendors.
Again I thought 3020i + HTS12 SUB should be enough for stereo.

Yes. I would like to understand the desired settings that can affect the bass.
I understand that it should be LFE+MAIN. I also have to tinker the phase of sub. Where is this phase setting in the Menu?

Yes. I would like to understand the desired settings that can affect the bass.
I understand that it should be LFE+MAIN. I also have to tinker the phase of sub. Where is this phase setting in the Menu?
I’m sorry but my knowledge is not good enough to guide you on ideal settings but why don’t you ask the person who you bought the amp / subwoofer from if he can send someone over, even if its a paid service. At least this will help you rule out technical issues if any. Good luck!

I’m sorry but my knowledge is not good enough to guide you on ideal settings but why don’t you ask the person who you bought the amp / subwoofer from if he can send someone over, even if its a paid service. At least this will help you rule out technical issues if any. Good luck!
Ok. I will ask the dealer.

Please check whether the sub is really active when you play in stereo mode. Choose a track that has constant bass notes and gently touch the sub woofer cones and see whether it actually moving air. If it does then reverse the polarity of the sub and try again. Base frequencies get reinforced at corners, if you have an option to do that. Also base could cancel out due to room issues,try experimenting with positioning to rule out issues with sub. Also check in the avr menu whether the sub is actually active in stereo mode.

Please check whether the sub is really active when you play in stereo mode. Choose a track that has constant bass notes and gently touch the sub woofer cones and see whether it actually moving air. If it does then reverse the polarity of the sub and try again. Base frequencies get reinforced at corners, if you have an option to do that. Also base could cancel out due to room issues,try experimenting with positioning to rule out issues with sub. Also check in the avr menu whether the sub is actually active in stereo mode.
As far as I checked the sub is active in menu as well as by touching its body.

In the room of your dimensions you should not even have needed subwoofer for two channel listening. As suggested , you need a pair of speaker stands but I don’t see any space for them.
I am willing to experiment with the stands. But 3000FSI are as costly as speakers. Are there any suitable replacement available? I was browsing buy.in and came across many generic stands for speakers in 5k range. Will they be any good.

I am willing to experiment with the stands. But 3000FSI are as costly as speakers. Are there any suitable replacement available? I was browsing buy.in and came across many generic stands for speakers in 5k range. Will they be any good.
I meant ubuy.in

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back