In the spirit of the season...

keith_correa

...I dug out some old music.

The Millennium Prayer by Cliff Richard. One of the best voices in western music by a person of Indian origin. Exquisite. Gave me goosebumps. Was voted the worst song of the Millennium or some such by some poll. Tell me what you think of it.

Silent Night by Sinead O'Connor. Enough said.

And, turned up the volume and listened to Silent Night by Faster Pussycat. What a take on a classic. \^^/

Keith,
Have always liked 'Amazing Grace' which is sung by quite a few singers. All are good.
Little offtopic... Also like ezekiel 25:17 psalm introduced by (of all the things) a violent movie. It was little modified though. Can you guess ? :)
Regards

For me "Christmas with Connie" the mono LP I have of Connie Francis still sounds the best.

... Also like ezekiel 25:17 psalm introduced by (of all the things) a violent movie. It was little modified though. Can you guess ? :)
Regards

pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

Nice thread, BTW!

Keith,
Have always liked 'Amazing Grace' which is sung by quite a few singers. All are good.
Little offtopic... Also like ezekiel 25:17 psalm introduced by (of all the things) a violent movie. It was little modified though. Can you guess ? :)
Regards

That's a 'violent' verse.
Just read today that Tarrantino is again in the limelight for another violent move.
besides the spiritual you have mentioned , i also particularly like Swing Low Sweet Chariot and of course the all too familiar When The Saints Go Marching In.

That's a 'violent' verse.
Just read today that Tarrantino is again in the limelight for another violent move.
besides the spiritual you have mentioned , i also particularly like Swing Low Sweet Chariot and of course the all too familiar When The Saints Go Marching In.
Moktan,
I don't like violence. Came to know about psalm in pulp fiction movie. Which I know is only half true, other part as I said is modified. I know only later part has some Bible connection. I liked the wordings that 'God will punish those who will attempt to destroy the righteous man helping poor'. Its pity that Tarantino used it for violence. All movies by Tarantino are violent with blood and gore. Reservoir dog, which could have been a good movie was repulsive in the end. May be western audience has good appetite for violence. What may have been started as a right for expression in their liberal society decades ago, has culminated in to irresponsible use of more and more graphic scenes of violence. Sad that even killing innocent children recently by a gun carrying psycho, no lessons are learnt. As seeds of violent culture were planted long back.

Anyway back to the spirit of the season.:) Leann Rimes-Amazing Grace is my all time favorite.
http://www.hifivision.com/general-lounge/14870-merry-christmas-happy-new-year.html
Thanks for mentioning 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' and 'When The Saints Go Marching In'.
Regards

Its a pity that Tarantino used it for violence.

Personally I don't find anything in Quentin Tarantino's cinema except mindless, meaningless violence.

May be western audience has good appetite for violence.

Audience's are not born with an appetite for violence. Cartoons and mainstream cinema spoon-feeds them with generous doses of guns, bombs, war and mayhem until that they start believing that violence is 'normal'. An even higher form of delusion from which a large section of mainstream audience suffers is that violence is sexy.

The truth is that violence is unspeakably banal and ugly whether it is on or off the screen. To really get into the spirit of the season we should start thinking about this a little more. Shunning cinema which glorifies violence would be a good place to begin.

Regards
Oh I know that. Sam Jackson. Pulp Fiction. One of my all time favourites. And while we are on Pulp Fiction, Urge Overkill's take on "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" was wonderbar!!!!

Edit: Whoops! Saw Hiten's post and pulled the trigger on a reply. Page 2 of the thread: The beans are spilt :)

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back