Indian Hi-fi Equipment/Accessories comparable with best in class international products

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
1. Manufacturer- Shaan

Brand Name: PeeCeeBee

2. Equipment categories made: (try and use categories as per HFV sub-forums): Amplifier, Pre Amplifier , sub woofer , speaker cabinet , amplifier metal cabinet , customised active crossover , customised passive crossover etc.

3. Price range: Entry, Budget, Mid-priced, High-end, Luxury (for eg for speakers these will correspond roughly to INR <25k, 25-75k, 75k-2L, 2L-6L, >6L respectively - or use your own judgment here): Budget Level to Advance Level. Roughly 15K INR to 1.5L INR.

4. Product/s you owned/heard extensively: Heard Extensively and continue to do so.

5. Price advantage against comparable products from international brands: state in percentage lower than: Really comparable , these products are not overpriced. Parts used all highest quality possible. Looks wise great comparable to other price ranges.

6. What do you like best about these products: Add specs/design/build/performance/service - whatever applies, and elaborate: Biggest USP is great tonality. Once owned never regretted.

I have compared Shaan's V4 with other renowned amp like maranz , Technics etc. , found more dynamic . Speacially at midrange amp is performing great. The detail Bass response and baffle management is more rigid than others. Even at lower range driver it doesnot fails. Musically I have listened the best amp possible after rod elliott P3A.

I have used for my personal build as well as my esteemed customer base. No complain till now. Got a great review from my customer base.

Specs ( copied ).

Maximum Power – 50WRMS/90WRMS into 8Ω/4Ω load with +/-35V PSU
Maximum allowed PSU voltage for 4Ω operation – +/-35V (with default clamp diodes and BD BJTs for Q9/Q10) and +/-42V (with higher voltage rated clamp diodes and MJE BJTs for Q9/Q10)
Frequency response (simulated) – ~2Hz to ~800KHz (-3dB)
AC gain – 23 (27dB)
DC gain – Unity
Input level for 50WRMS into 8Ω – 1VRMS
THD 100Hz 10W – 0.0005%, 1KHz 10W – 0.001%, 10KHz 10W – 0.002%
Slew Rate – 100V/uS
SNR – >100dB
Offset variation – +/-10mV

7. Comparable international brands in design and/or performance: Marantz, Technics , Cambridge Audio etc. Even a inexperience ear can cath the differences.

8. Manufacturer’s Website or other contact details: https://www.facebook.com/shaanpeeceebee/

9. Any other information (not covered above):
Besides amp building I found the person extensively knowledgeable and experienced. I myself as a builder also persue his build.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dannyarcher, many thanks for sharing your audition experience with the Indian brand. First the website and now your review suggests this is a serious enterprise run by passionate owners who seem clear about what they are up to.

Coming to specifics, can you contrast the sound from the Platinum Mishra speakers with QA 3020i? Also, did you listen to the Platinum Mishra with the Saptak power amp? If so, how was it? And which preamp was being used when Saptak was in the chain?

Also, what is the dual mono blocks priced at? It has serious power (200+200 Watts class AB). Your review suggests this amp could be a serious contender for audiophile upgrade from an entry level integrated amp (first system for most of us). Please tell more about the Saptak power amp.

Also, what did you perceive is the AudiQ’s target sound signature and/or their ideology towards sound reproduction?
Hi sir
In February I visited Mr. Amit Jain's home at Bangalore to audition Norge 2060UBT. Also auditioned the Saptak, no pre-amp was hooked to Saptak, a separate small Bluetooth receiver connected to the amplifier and played through it. The sound was fantastic. Now Saptak available in two power ranges 120 wpc and 200wpc. I have the price list

Hi all,
Here are my impressions of AudiQs based on my visit to them, yesterday.
This is a long post and I hope I did justice to what I had experienced based on my non-audiophile ears :)
cc @Rud31 @PCA @ktks1
---

I came across Audiqs.com website and I reached out to them. The speakers looked great in terms of specs and looks.
Amit Jain, the co-founder reached out to me and spoke to me about his story, why he started Audiqs and his promise -- delivering high quality audio to Indians with everything 'Made in India'.

Had a very good initial conversation with Amit. He invited me over for an audition anytime to check out the speaker range.
Intrigued by the conversation -- I've decided to step out and go for an audition, to his house.

Following are the speakers that I had listened specifically for 2 hours:
Gold Achal - 3-way Floorstanding speakers (1" tweeter, 2*6.5 Mid-bass drivers, 1*8" bass woofer)
Platinum Mishra - 2-way Bookshelf speakers (1" tweeter, 1*8" woofer)

These were connected to a Denon x1300 AVR. The sub-woofer was off during the music listening session. I took my playlist on Apple Music and connected to the AVR via bluetooth. I've made notes for about 10 songs that I had played with both of the speakers. And, later also tested them with movie scenes.

Here are my impressions:
(Please note: I'm not an audiophile and the following are based on my limited knowledge. I don't have any experience listening to other speakers. Only listened to Q Acoustics 3020i and basic models of Pioneer & Polk before)

Gold Achal -- Initially, I had thought the sub-woofer was connected, but no. The bass from these towers is superb. Instrument clarity was great. The detail that these towers were producing was pretty good. Vocal clarity was a little off, initially. We then tried with 'Audessey EQ' off and the vocals sounded crisp. Thought the texture/richness in the vocals was missing when the singer was singing lower pitch. Classical songs sounded great. No doubt about that.

Platinum Mishra -- After completing the 1st round with the towers, we then moved to test the bookshelf speakers.
These have a very enjoyable sound. Definitely not as detailed as the Gold Achal towers, but you have to really look for the differences. The bass was not as high as it was on the Achal speakers. These will shine when paired with a sub-woofer to do justice on the low-end. I somehow felt that these bookshelves gave a certain richness to the vocals.

Playing with Saptak - the power amplifier
Next, Amit connected the speakers to the monoblock Power amplifier beautifully named as 'Saptak' (I really love their speaker names -- Achal, Aakar, Aalaap etc.) He connected the Gold Achals to the amp and played a classical song. My response: Mindblown
This is the first time I'm experiencing a power amplifier. Suddenly, there was a new 'presence' to the music. It's just mindblowing. A classical song I had played felt like I was transported to the space of the singer.

He then switched to the Platinum Achal towers (these are the flagship models) -- the aforementioned presence was even more detailed. The soundstage came forward, by a bit. I would say these towers combined with the power amp gave absolutely pristine sound. These are definitely more detailed than the Gold Achal towers.

Movie watching
The Center channel and 4 surrounds were turned on. There were 2 sub-woofers. (7.2.4 setup)

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring -- Tested the following scenes: War sequence at the start of the film - Bass was very powerful. Clearly felt the rumble. Surround effect was great.
The scene where the fellowship is formed -- I felt that the texture was missing a little in the dialogue. I would've preferred it to be a little richer.
The snow mountain scene with avalanche falling. -- Bass & surround effect were top-notch.

Gravity -- the first sequence where the space station is destroyed. The surround and bass were top-notch. Again, would've preferred a little more richness in the dialogue from the center channel.

I wished I could've spent more-time with the movie watching but I had to leave!

Overall
I'm really glad that I met Amit and experienced AudiQs speakers. I was mesmerised by the music reproduction by them. (Also mentioned by Amit that they are specifically tuned for music.) He truly embodies customer-centricity and mentioned that even if I do not want to go with AudiQs, he would help me in choosing speakers from other brands, based on my needs.

PS: Amit also mentioned that they could custom-make the speaker finish based on one's living room furniture theme.
Hi sir
I auditioned the same in February at Mr. Amit Jain's flat, yes Audiqs ( now it is Indiq) products quality looks great and sounded fantastic.

I had also come across this brand while searching for 'Norge' on OLX. Did not expect them to have a a website and never bothered searching for it separately. Thanks for sharing the website. The website suggests a professional set-up. Has anyone here listened to their speakers or amplifiers? Any thoughts?
Hi sir
I auditioned the Indiqs (then Audiqs) speakers with Norge 2060ubt and Saptak in February. The products were very well built and performed very good. I bought the Norge 2060ubt from them.

Hi sir
I auditioned the Indiqs (then Audiqs) speakers with Norge 2060ubt and Saptak in February. The products were very well built and performed very good. I bought the Norge 2060ubt from them.

Enjoy! I have been using a Norge 2060 aloing with their MD Symphony Speaker for over 11 years. Had the pleasure of buying them in person from the Late Mr. Shyam Bajaj from his factory / workshop in Mahim, Mumbai.

@IndiqAudio - Are you selling Norge amplifiers in Bangalore? If yes, could you send me the models available and the price list?

From Olx ads by Indiq Audio:

Rs. 89,000/- for the monoblock power amp

Rs. 28,000/- for the booshelf speaker + norge amp

Rr. 46,900/- for 2 sub woofers + power amp combo

Where is it?
hi sir
attached PDF file but after posting not showing it, may be PDF can not be attached here.
please PM me, i can share it.

Dude, you have posted your BSNL bill ! Please remove it for your security.
Hi
Thank you, deleted immediately after noticed it.

@IndiqAudio - Are you selling Norge amplifiers in Bangalore? If yes, could you send me the models available and the price list?
Hi sir
I bought Norge 2060UBT from Indiq, Bengaluru.

Request members to maintain the purpose of the thread: “to disseminate information about Indian Audio equipment/accessories manufacturers’. Kindly use alternate threads to point to specific sale listings etc. A suggestion is to create a separate thread for detailed discussions on a specific manufacturer that piques the interest of a large number of FMs (like Indiq Audio in this case) and provide a link to that thread here. Otherwise we’d end up having pages of discussion devoted to one manufacturer in this thread which will make it difficult for new/future readers to locate further posts on other manufacturers.

I recently bought a Swara DAC and streamer from Acoustic Portrait, a Bangalore based Audio company. I understand they also make Amplifiers, speakers and more.
The Swara DAC is based on the Raspberry pi and can create a local wireless network running a audio control interface Rune Audio. This comes preinstalled. The folks at AP (Shiva and colleagues) are extremely helpful. They patiently guided me (non techie) through the set up steps over a phone call.
The Swara DAC was a very pleasant surprise (maybe my expectations were modest) Being able to explore and play my music from the HDD (powered) from my iPad is so convenient. The SQ is very nice too.
In total I liked it so much that I sold my Chord mojo. I am sure there are more informative and analytical posts on this DAC streamer in this forum and elsewhere if you want to read more. I did not see any thing about Acoustic Portrait equipment in this thread, hence my two bits.

I recently bought a Swara DAC and streamer from Acoustic Portrait, a Bangalore based Audio company. I understand they also make Amplifiers, speakers and more.
Was wondering how Acoustic portrait was missed out and wanted to post myself. My first set-up was their more than ten year old floorstanders (they stopped speaker manufacturing for few years) and swara integrated amplifier. Later I added their Thiyaga dac (older version). I found their offerings of great value and true competition for international brands. Haven't heard their latest product line but knowing Shiva's design philosophy I have no doubt they would be great as well.

The Swara DAC is based on the Raspberry pi and can create a local wireless network running a audio control interface Rune Audio. This comes preinstalled. The folks at AP (Shiva and colleagues) are extremely helpful. They patiently guided me (non techie) through the set up steps over a phone call.
The Swara DAC was a very pleasant surprise (maybe my expectations were modest) Being able to explore and play my music from the HDD (powered) from my iPad is so convenient. The SQ is very nice too.
In total I liked it so much that I sold my Chord mojo. I am sure there are more informative and analytical posts on this DAC streamer in this forum and elsewhere if you want to read more. I did not see any thing about Acoustic Portrait equipment in this thread, hence my two bits.

May I know the DAC chip used in Swara M2rPi..?
Couldn't get this info from their website.

I don’t know anything about the DAC chip used in this. Just by what I heard I liked it.
Shiva from AP is involved in the design and is most helpful. @ 98455 17730

Where I stand:

It was quite a living with my existing audio raft for the past 3 years, the itch for something different grew over me and I happened to hunch into INDIQAUDIO / AUDIQS experience center based on a few reviews on this forum which struck me as more original.

Playlist:

As an Audiophile, I have my playlist handy to take on auditions with my choices which rings better in terms of locating the real difference if something would!

I Paired my phone with Signature acoustics BT receiver there..

Observations:

The Team

1. Pragmatic people loaded with knowledge
2. Passion was evident in them

The Company

1. Wants to do something different
  2. Surprised me when they whispered of 3 + 2 years warranty, no one else does
  3. Free look-in period of 1 week
  4. Speaker cabinet customization, an expectation of mine and many finally fulfilled

Impressions from the demo:

a) Great demo setup with both floor standers and bigger bookshelves

b) The switcher allows a seamless toggle between amps and speakers which was lovely

c) Felt at home with a home setup appeal, no acoustics or audio room feel, quiet a confident speaker designer. This helped me experience exactly how it would’ve sounded at my home.

1st Demo:

>>Gold Towers + Monoblock

Impression:-

• Clear vocals
  • Smooth highs
  • Good bass
  • Very nice sound stage
This setup sounded better than my existing set up (Polk S60 + NAD 356) not sure if I got used to the existing one and it was a welcome change

2nd Demo:

>>Platinum Towers + Monoblock

Impression:-

• Clear vocals as in 1st Demo
  • Smooth highs as in 1st Demo
  • Bass we different than the 1st demo and was very clean, subtle and enveloping
  • Sound stage was better than the 1st demo

Just one word for this demo – “Top class”. This one sounded way better than my setup. Even at slightly high volume, the sound was not noisy as it is in my current case.

3rd Demo:

>>Platinum Towers + Norge Concerto Gold

Impression:

The setup sounded a bit loud at the same volume setting or perceived volume, and the sound stage stood so near to me which was a new reality that I experienced. But the finesse of Monoblock amp was missing here.

Best Experience:

• Interaction with Amit felt pleasant while he drove me close to the technical details and engineering behind the design and set up, Oh! It was 2 hours when I tilted the watch.
  • Platinum + Power Amp to me felt worthy and evolved as a great combo for sure.
  • USP of the brand stood out as I mentioned earlier.

He whispered, “Any suggestions”?

I was like...

1) Location! It took me 45 mins to reach there. They have plans to open more such centres next year to spread within the city more.

2) Typical start and shutdown plop from Norge Amp, it is not their product but the amp is part of their demo and they are NORGE’s experience centre in Bangalore.

"Since I could not touch movie experience, I am planning another visit, next week. I will keep you all updated with my experience"

Last edited:
Hi sir
In February I visited Mr. Amit Jain's home at Bangalore to audition Norge 2060UBT. Also auditioned the Saptak, no pre-amp was hooked to Saptak, a separate small Bluetooth receiver connected to the amplifier and played through it. The sound was fantastic. Now Saptak available in two power ranges 120 wpc and 200wpc. I have the price list

Hi sir
I auditioned the same in February at Mr. Amit Jain's flat, yes Audiqs ( now it is Indiq) products quality looks great and sounded fantastic.

Hi sir
Which speakers are connected to Norge Amp.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in the forum, I joined the forum while I was looking (search is still on!) for good VFM source.
I own Norge Gold 1000 amp and a pair of Norge Mill. bookshelf speakers. It has been performing to my satisfaction since last 6 years.

While I was going through the list of products/manufacturers in this thread, I could not find any Indian made CD player or AVR.
Is there any Indian made AVR/CD Player, that I can consider?

Or should I go in for good quality sound card/DAC for my pc and use it as a source?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
The budget range I'd be keen on is entry to mid level.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back