Indian Hi-fi Equipment/Accessories comparable with best in class international products

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Has any one checked Hyderbad based Loudspeaker manufacturer Eight-audio.com? They received whathifi awards for 2019 for the best Floorstanding speaker..

Just putting it out there.. while looking for a Power Amp, I only found another dual mono construction amp from an Indian brand..

If you are looking for an affordable Dual Mono Amp, then the Acoustic Portrait Swara Amp (80wpc) is also nice.. especially if you have high sensitivity speakers which dont really need 200wpc.

Just putting it out there.. while looking for a Power Amp, I only found another dual mono construction amp from an Indian brand..

If you are looking for an affordable Dual Mono Amp, then the Acoustic Portrait Swara Amp (80wpc) is also nice.. especially if you have high sensitivity speakers which dont really need 200wpc.
I think 200 Watts Power Amp does wonders here for more clarity and detail .It's doubtful 80 watts RMS power Amp may give such clarity in detail.
In my setup also i can feel more difference after adding Emotiva Power Amp!!

@Prodigy

Anyways Nice sound..!! . I think speakers have subs also that's producing great low end?. What's the frequency response you are driving speakers ?.
In my setup felt sometimes little harsh sound!!.

Last edited:
I think 200 Watts Power Amp does wonders here for more clarity and detail .It's doubtful 80 watts RMS power Amp may give such clarity in detail.

@Prodigy

Anyways Nice sound..!! . I think speakers have subs also that's producing great low end?. What's the frequency response you are driving speakers ?.
Not sure what is the cost you paid for Emotiva amp but AP also has a hybrid tube amp that doles out 180W and monoblocks that are 300W at just about 1.2L! Given you stay in Bangalore, probably you can request home audition and share your impressions comparing them to Emotiva.

<snip>
<snip>

Depends on the application.
If one is using the front speakers as mains in HT then yes, more muscle in the amp is desirable.
For simple 2-channel music listening, lower powered amps will work, if the amp is designed well.

At home, I have amplification from 50-200W rated at 8 ohms (higher at 4 ohms).
Its the lowered powered ones that are better for music, except the AVR.
My main amp is a 55Wpc dual mono built out of a kit. It makes my speakers and ears very happy.

Cheers,
Raghu

I visited some of the websites of Indian manufacturers which were mentioned in these posts and almost none of them had prices mentioned on the product listings. To me this is a huge deal breaker because pricing is a major factor when purchasing something and in this day and age clients should not have to email or call companies to ask the price for what is essentially a consumer product. We need to have the confidence to display our prices online if we believe our products are truly world class because transparency is very important when selling products which are not widely distributed and limited distribution prevents consumers from doing a price comparison.

@Prodigy

@edjamesx
The Freq response is +/- 3 dB 40 Hz to 20 Khz. The 10 inch bass drivers in semi TL construction is adding a great low end.

If they display prices, some people will walk off right away seeing the prices ;)
Ha ha ha. That’s why on the most HiFi sites, they link it to Whatsaap and say contact us for the best price. .

I visited some of the websites of Indian manufacturers which were mentioned in these posts and almost none of them had prices mentioned on the product listings. To me this is a huge deal breaker because pricing is a major factor when purchasing something and in this day and age clients should not have to email or call companies to ask the price for what is essentially a consumer product. We need to have the confidence to display our prices online if we believe our products are truly world class because transparency is very important when selling products which are not widely distributed and limited distribution prevents consumers from doing a price comparison.
@nikhilblr,
I had a similar thought in my mind too when i visited couple of Indian sites and I had the same conversation with Amit from INDIQAUDIO and his thoughts were that putting prices is not a big deal, but that takes away the ability to interact with people and understand their requirements, what is catching people's attention, what is preventing from buying - is it the price, configuration, brand etc. This domain is so extensive that many times people don't know what they are getting into. So by not putting the prices company wants to get connected with the people.
I was told, this is the precise reason why they are not selling online.

Moreover, As per them it is not about selling their products, it is about selling the right product either from INDIQAUDIO or telling potential people what to buy from any other brand.

I have an example, I was looking to sell my ELACs, but he insisted me to bring them for A/B testing with his Mishra's.

If ELAC's were a mistake, he did not want me to commit another one by buying thier's without proper comparison. I will soon publish a 4 way comparison between Polk S15, ELAC B6.2, Platinum and Gold Mishra's which we did few days back.

Regards,
Som

Possible (positive) reasons:
- Customisation
- Opportunity to engage with, understand, and inform the customer
- To dissuade price-driven decision

Most of the Indian manufacturers are either artisans or small entrepreneurial businesses. They might not want to build scale through standardised products. The ones displayed on the website might be more to give the buyer an idea of the features. It’s possible that they find it fulfilling to actually understand your needs and provide you an appropriate solution (instead of selling standardised off-the-shelf product). That’s been my experience with Lyrita. Other FMs have had similar experience with some others. I’d surely value a designer/manufacturer who is willing to spend time discussing with me my needs, his offerings and the best possible solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any company/product/manufacturer thinks and honestly thinks that the price is cost driven and not a rip off, if the price is able to justify value ... they do not get shy away displaying them publicly. It just gives more confidence while contacting, from a sales perspective, it even keeps away the less qualified leads.

@musikcan I've heard this at the Singapore Audio show. - The Rinjani floor standers.
I think these are kits, the vendor was an Indonesian company, the speakers were very very good. This was in a show with the best of audio gear, and I though that these speakers held their own, and offered super value for money

Glad to see that this is available in India, does anyone on the forum own these?

@SachinChavan Great thread!

However it is evident that even respected reviewers in the west have not been reviewing much of Chi -Fi, whatever the reason. There are reviews of mobile phones, cars and other consumer objects galore (Gadgets Now , NDTV etc) But nothing on Indian made Audio equipment. Please correct me if I am mistaken in this belief.
that has changed of late... and how!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back