InFocus brings LED TV to India

@elangoas
This is a cheap trick, used by e-retailers.
I am gonna explain it to you.
Just before the BBD on Flipkart, price of 50" FHD VU TV was 29,990. Surprisingly, during BBD sale it shot up to 37990. When I checked the availability, I found that 'no seller delivering to this pin-code'. Then, I tried other pin-codes that are adjacent to my area but I found no seller for those pin codes. Then I checked with Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai pin codes but there too I didn't find any seller ready to ship the product. I spoke to a source, who works with VU. He said that this was the strategy applied by VU and Flipkart. It works from two sides.
1) Price point- A customer who wants to buy the said model, will wait for price to come down.
2) Availability point - A customer who wants to buy the said model, would be under impression that he ( his pin-code rather) is unlucky and he would wait till the seller(s) is ready to ship the product to his pin code.

Fact of the matter is, product was no where available. And these tricks were applied to compel customers to wait.

Now, I come to what Amazon is doing here.
From your post, it's evident that Amazon doesn't have the stock of 60" Infocus TV. But Flipkart and other e-retailers have stock and they are selling it from their websites.
Now, Amazon tricks their prospective customers think that Amazon is offering the best price and for that prospective customers won't buy 60" Infocus from Flipkart. Instead, they would order it from Amazon but when they try to buy it from Amazon, they would see that 'no sellers are delivering to this pin-code'. Now, customers would wait, he would log in 2/3 times, on daily basis, to Amazon just to check whether seller is ready to ship to his pincode. Finally, the coveted TV will be made available on Amazon, but with higher price tag, that is equal or more-or-less equal to the price offered by Flipkart.

This way, Amazon tricks customers into waiting till they stock up the product that you and other customers are looking for. First, they don't want to lose customers, secondly, they don't want Flipkart to take away customers, who want to buy the said product.

I

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If these were indeed available in Amazon after some time, close to the prices offered by flipkart, You should indeed buy from flipkart and update in Amazon facebook page just to show them the middle finger.

If these were indeed available in Amazon after some time, close to the prices offered by flipkart, You should indeed buy from flipkart and update in Amazon facebook page just to show them the middle finger.

Got it..I was really after the product for it is size, SHARP Panel, anti-reflective panel, manufactured by Foxconn in India and the closest price was 62K.. I remember updating the price in some thread.. But can't recollect it..

But when you feel that you are being bullied like this, you realise how much of your efforts go waste... I took more than a dozen pincodes from my friend to see where the TV could be delivered, phone calls to customer care, writing on facebook page. So much efforts went vain :sad:

This TV is available at Amazon for 53,849.00 from the seller Cloudtail india.It is available for delivery at Bangalore pin codes.

Now, it is 49,999 INR on Amazon page now :)

Some reports on this TV please.

Thanks,

Ace.

Try to checkout the TV.. It won't for some reason.. It would say undeliverable to your location.I have tried some 20 different pincodes in Chennai, even prime locations, all were undeliverable..(Cloudtail is the seller)

So it is just a trick, amazon (or) manufacturer is watching the # of hits for this TV for that listed price..

Try to checkout the TV.. It won't for some reason.. It would say undeliverable to your location.I have tried some 20 different pincodes in Chennai, even prime locations, all were undeliverable..(Cloudtail is the seller)

So it is just a trick, amazon (or) manufacturer is watching the # of hits for this TV for that listed price..

Oh, you are right!
I try to check-out, and it shows only one option (auto-selected) for Scheduled Free delivery. On clicking continue, I get a message " Free scheduled delivery" not available.
:mad:

( I don't get the "undeliverable" error.. but outcome is same. Order cannot be placed)
This TV seems like a real good deal at this price.

Are you planning to buy this particular model too?
Any other site, we can look at?

FK and SD have this TV way beyond the price at Amazon.

Thanks,

Ace.

EDIT- Is this a good second choice for ~60inch TV:
http://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-147-4-inches-TH-58D300DX-Full/dp/B01LZ9AU3R/ref=pd_sbs_23_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0SG1XKG3P2NR4AP8YDJ4

Last edited:
Oh, you are right!
I try to check-out, and it shows only one option (auto-selected) for Scheduled Free delivery. On clicking continue, I get a message " Free scheduled delivery" not available.
:mad:

( I don't get the "undeliverable" error.. but outcome is same. Order cannot be placed)
This TV seems like a real good deal at this price.

Yes.. This TV is a good deal for 60 inch FHD panel..

Are you planning to buy this particular model too?

Yes.. I was..Most tv >= 55inch are 4K.. I had planned this for my mom who will mostly watch 480i (SD STB) & some BR Rips.. So big screen with FHD was what i was looking for..

Any other site, we can look at?

FK and SD have this TV way beyond the price at Amazon Thanks,

Ace.

Yes.. I remember this TV was launched for 69,999 initially.. FK has it for 66K..

If you are really after this TV, alternatively get intouch with the contact person in your town/city here - http://www.infocusindia.co.in/store-locator.php

When you are are buying something 50K + in physical store, you also get the benefit of negotiating hard coz it is not so popular brand.. Try your luck and see if they can match amazon price..

This also seems to be a good choice.. Try to get 2 yrs extended warranty.. Will save you for sometime..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back