Insignia 5-1/4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers for 5.0 setup- Need help

MusicHeart

Hi All,

Recently I bought very low cost $50 best buy branded bookshelf speakers just to test the Denon S910W I purchased in USA and make sure nothing wrong with receiver. Here is the link
Insignia 514" 2Way Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black NS-SP213 - Best Buy

Surprisingly these are sounding really good:clapping:. Started liking them. These speakers aren't marketed well and not considered as mainstream product from best buy. Some old and rare reviews claim them to be very nice for beginners on low budget.

I am not an audiophile. Now I am confused if these are really worth to buy more pieces to complete my 5.0 setup or go for speakers available locally.

I don't have any experience with bookshelf speaker options available in India. I would like HFV forum members to get your hands on these speakers and let me know if they are really worth the cost. If anyone interested I can handover these speakers to HFV experts from Pune to provide more feedback.

Thanks

I am using the same for stereo setup, its really good as per my ear's. I have modified the enclosure to TL and also made some tweak for crossover. Its only 84 db so will need to turn up the volume between 9 to 12 (Clock Position)

Thanks for your inputs. looking into your signature I am now more happy seeing your positive feedback :yahoo:. I like these too. I like bass. Don't know if they are weak in this for people who have experience with other bookshelf. IMO found them to be bass heavy. I have to turn down tone control to almost 2/6.

I would like to know more about your mods with reason and improvements it did.

Thanks for your inputs. looking into your signature I am now more happy seeing your positive feedback :yahoo:. I like these too. I like bass. Don't know if they are weak in this for people who have experience with other bookshelf. IMO found them to be bass heavy. I have to turn down tone control to almost 2/6.

I would like to know more about your mods with reason and improvements it did.

I am using it with Onkyo 3200 these days and its very heavy bass.

Thanks. Your help is much appreciated. I would like to hear your speakers after mods you have done.

Much needed for us now. My two friends ordered these speakers and they are keen to know your mods as well.

Sure I will. But the speed will be very very slow due to some other priorities. The project started some one year back. still working on it..

I'm very confused now.

You said that you modified the Insignia enclosure into a TL here:
I am using the same for stereo setup, its really good as per my ear's. I have modified the enclosure to TL and also made some tweak for crossover. Its only 84 db so will need to turn up the volume between 9 to 12 (Clock Position)
When I asked about details about you modifying the existing enclosure:
How did you turn a bookshelf enclosure into a Transmission Line? More details please.
You responded:
I will update my thread very soon, regarding the enclosure its already there in my thread a year or two old one :)
When I requested you to provide a link to the thread you did but I see that the link points to a thread which is about creating a crossover for the Dayton DA175 & DC28F drivers in a TL. So, what is the connection between the Best Buy Insignia speakers and the link that you posted and you turning the BB Insignia cabinet into a TL? :confused::confused::confused:

I think I misunderstood both the insignia, which i have already quoted
OK, there's not just some difference but a LOT of difference between the two Insignia's. One is a DIY effort which uses Dayton drivers and one is an off the shelf set of speakers which is available at Best Buy and is their house brand.

OK, there's not just some difference but a LOT of difference between the two Insignia's. One is a DIY effort which uses Dayton drivers and one is an off the shelf set of speakers which is available at Best Buy and is their house brand.

That BS i converted to TL.

That BS i converted to TL.
Which? Both are BS. I'm assuming that you mean the Audiokarma DIY effort. And I don't think you converted the BS to a TL - what I think you probably [Please correct me if I'm mistaken] did was to build the Audiokarma driver and crossover complement in a TL enclosure, right?

It is partial, I did some changes to Xover. The original one was boomy in TL enclosure.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back