Integrated Amp to go with Polk Audio TSi 300 Speakers

subhashis_1980

All,
Need some help here.

I am using a HT system having Denon 1912 with Polk TSi300 as fronts(through bi-amping). Now, I would like to add a integrated amp using my existing polk speakers. Need suggestions here. connections are made from the amp to speakers thru Banana plugs.

Budget is a constraint here :sad: around 10k. can stretch at the most to 14-15k max. open to get a used system as well.

Heard Norge Gold 1000 could be solution, not sure though, need your observations. Does any FMs have tried this mapping.

TSi 300 Specs:

General
Type :Speaker
Speaker type :Floor-standing
Weight :26 lbs
Enclosure material :MDF

Features
Driver configuration :2-way
Woofer size (inches) :1" m, 5.25" m
Response bandwidth :35 - 25000 Hz
Input impedance :8 Ohm
Recommended amplifier power :20 - 150 Watt
Sensitivity :90 dB
Crossover frequency :2500Hz
Output features :Bass Reflex
Connectivity :wired

Thanks in advance

Look for Marantz 5004
Hi Max, Thanks for your reply.

Checked Marantz 5040, it has a power of 35W (8 ohms), 45W (4 ohms) (20Hz - 20kHz). The price wise, in Amazon its around 27k, olx 22k, Hifi mart though shows @ 16.2K but its not available. Norge 1000(125W + 125W RMS @ 4 ohms. 80W + 80W RMS @ 8 ohms) is priced around 13k, never heard them though so no idea on the sound part. What is your suggestion.

I recently heard a Yamaha AS1000 powering Polk TSi200. The combo sounded good. Guess you could give that amp a try.
There is one listed on hifiads.
Regards,

Hi Max, Thanks for your reply.

Checked Marantz 5040, it has a power of 35W (8 ohms), 45W (4 ohms) (20Hz - 20kHz). The price wise, in Amazon its around 27k, olx 22k, Hifi mart though shows @ 16.2K but its not available. Norge 1000(125W + 125W RMS @ 4 ohms. 80W + 80W RMS @ 8 ohms) is priced around 13k, never heard them though so no idea on the sound part. What is your suggestion.

Its available at Ace Audio,Focal Purna Das Road Opposite of City mart IMO

the norge is a nice amplifier
i have heard it

yes fit and finish of the marantz would be far better

if you are able to get the marantz at 17 is a no brainer

however i would personally prefer the norge with the said speaker ( flavour wise )

the norge is a nice amplifier
i have heard it

yes fit and finish of the marantz would be far better

if you are able to get the marantz at 17 is a no brainer

however i would personally prefer the norge with the said speaker ( flavour wise )

Thanks for the suggestion Magma...just a question...when you say flavour wise..you mean that Norge would sound better as per your opinion...

Saw a Yamaha AS1000 in hi-fi ads from pune. the persons claims to be the 2nd owner of the product. Based on the front panel and back panel, it looks old. Any suggestions ?

so it seems to me that at my budget level Norge 1000 seems to be the best option..

any more suggestion HFM members..

Great! Always wanted to listen to Norge amplifiers; initially. I wanted to buy Norge amp but backed out as in Kolkata, there is no place where you can audition Norge products, and service was the second issue. I am delighted to learn ( from your other post) that now, Norge has its service person in Kolkata. IMO, buying audio gear on the basis of reviews and second-hand perspective is big 'no-no'. Wish, everything works well for you and you enjoy your music.
I request you to write a review, on a separate(new) thread.

Hi Amit,
Thanks for the kind words.
I agree there's a risk involved in buying a audio gear based on reviews. But based on reviews and my budget, I found that Norge 1000 was best suited. Rather I have not found a single negative review on Norge. Service is a definite plus now.

The amp is on its way to Kolkata. Once it reaches will definitely try to put a review(that will be my first though)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back