Integrated Amplifier with PRE OUT and POWER IN Facility.

deba

Dear All

I am looking for an Integrated Amplifier within Rs 40,000/- which has the facility of Pre Out and Power In so that I can connect any Equalizer or Processing Equipment in the Audio Chain between the Pre Amp and Power Amp Section.

Also suggest any Pre Power Stereo Amplifier Combination within Rs 50,000/ price point.

Kindly suggest any such make and model.

Thanks.

have seen pre outs in the sonodyne integrated amp ,dont exactly remember the model no: its something 102 ,thts the only integrated amp they have in thier line up, u cud chk it out

Dear All

I am looking for an Integrated Amplifier within Rs 40,000/- which has the facility of Pre Out and Power In so that I can connect any Equalizer or Processing Equipment in the Audio Chain between the Pre Amp and Power Amp Section.

Also suggest any Pre Power Stereo Amplifier Combination within Rs 50,000/ price point.

Kindly suggest any such make and model.

Thanks.
A NAD integrated allows this - starts from low 20k's

cheers

I use NAD 320BEE...it has pre-out and power-in...would cost you about 22K I think...

as Jitubisht suggests...do check out Marantz PM 8003 as well....

power in is actually called 'ext. in'. its an option available in most decent amps.even my denon avr 7 channel has a 7 channel ext. in. its such a given feature that most amps/recievers dont even mention it.

Ext In is not the same as Power In. In the case of Ext In the signal goes through the pre to the power. you cannot bypass the pre. whereas in the case of Power In, you can bypass the pre and connect to the power directly with an external pre. this way you can use the integrated as a pre or as a power or you may introduce an equalizer in between.

regards,
Abhishek

he is right. I had the same issue with my hk stereo amp. the pre was not getting bypassed, so had to open it, and solder a pair of wire directly to the power section. Luckily it was easy to find the point where pre/ power sections met.

Ext In is not the same as Power In. In the case of Ext In the signal goes through the pre to the power. you cannot bypass the pre. whereas in the case of Power In, you can bypass the pre and connect to the power directly with an external pre. this way you can use the integrated as a pre or as a power or you may introduce an equalizer in between.

regards,
Abhishek

regards,
Abhishek
in which case, i d like to know why do they have so many input ports??
i mean if i need to send 2 channel signal to my avr/amp via rca connection, i may use the input ports like cd, tv or dvd. and finally if ext. in and input ports are same, why dont they just add few more ports to the input section?? why tag them seperately as ext. in??

power in is actually called 'ext. in'. its an option available in most decent amps

As Cary said, 'Ext In' is not an input to the power amplifier section. 'Ext In' actually refers to Extra In, a source input point that is provided in addition to all labelled source points such as CD, Tape, etc.

A few integrated amplifiers such as NAD provide a 'pre out' and a power in. Usually these re very close to each other and are connected through jumpers. When you remove the jumper, the pre gets disconnected from the power amplifier. The idea is that you can use a different pre-amplifer. Alternatively you can such an amp as part of a 5.1 system to drive the front L&R speakers.

Cheers

Vintage Sansui AU-317 Rear sometimes mass market amps also have pre out power in

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back