Interesting product

Quickie. With an optional Extended Foreplay upgrade.*

These guys have a a sense of humour. :lol:

The review was entertaining too. Not being a "tube man" I expected just to take a quick look, but read it to the end.

Well, if I ever did want a DIY tube project, it would have to be this. It looks like even my challenged electronic assembly skills could achieve it too!

*Not a coincidence. Check out their other products. Well, they say sex sells!

Last edited:
Quickie. With an optional Extended Foreplay upgrade.* These guys have a a sense of humour. :lol:

Surprising, did not even notice that. What attracted me was the simplicity for technically challenged DIYers. I had purchased a British amplifier kit long ago called, I think, 'Bi-Amp'. That was a pleasure to work with and I had that up and running in just a few days. Most of the time took in designing and making the cabinet. The assembly was, by itself, just half a day.

Cheers

I learnt to do brazing and soldering gold and silver at red-hot temperatures, yet I still find electrical soldering difficult. Silly, isn't it! Just a question of practice, I suppose.

A sense of humour is much to be valued in the commercial world. I bet these guys are very sincere.

Are you going to make one of these? After reading the review above, it would be interesting to know what you think of it.

I learnt to do brazing and soldering gold and silver at red-hot temperatures, yet I still find electrical soldering difficult. Silly, isn't it! Just a question of practice, I suppose.

A sense of humour is much to be valued in the commercial world. I bet these guys are very sincere.

Are you going to make one of these? After reading the review above, it would be interesting to know what you think of it.

Bottlehead gives discount of $9.9 for buying 2 or more kits.Shipping is also free.

Regards,

Sachin

They have had pre and power amp( 2A3 and 300B) kits available for many years, all wired for 110V unfortunately. Their web site also has for many years carried tantalizing pictures of their products.

Unfortunately no, Thad. I am currently too busy for DIY and will have to wait for another 5 years when I am jobless to get back into it. As a service to Indian audiophiles, I would be looking at a branch for someone like Viren Bakshi and Sharath of Audire to cater to the southern market. I may also look at Indian representation of a few international DIY brands. All these need time and money, neither of which I have at the moment. I did consider this seriously some time ago, but have recently taken up a full time assignment.

Cheers

I like the look of the DAC. I just wish it was a DAC/ADC. Music is not a one-way street :)

I don't like the fact that their FAQ for the DAC (no poem intended ;)) mentions Windows and Mac but not Linux. Probably no reason it wouldn't work, but it would be nice to know.

Unfortunately no, Thad. I am currently too busy for DIY and will have to wait for another 5 years when I am jobless to get back into it. As a service to Indian audiophiles, I would be looking at a branch for someone like Viren Bakshi and Sharath of Audire to cater to the southern market. I may also look at Indian representation of a few international DIY brands. All these need time and money

That's quite interesting. DIY in India is difficult be it audio or fixing washbasin taps :). Purchasing of most parts at reasonable prices and with good quality requires frequent purchasing which doesn't work for DIYers.

If DIY audio brands setup local representation (or the other way around), nothing like it.

Wow! The names these guys think of!! Amazing! Look at their tag line:

"Yep, Schiit is our name. As in Hey man, thats some really cool Schiit. Or, We like music and Schiit. And now that we have your attention, can we show you some Schiit?"

Cheers

well this is nothing, in Thiruvananthapuram, I saw a restaurant called "Potty's Restaurant". Captured on video.

Well ... on my way to college everyday during my 11th 12th ... there was this bakery called "Anu's Bakery".
And you guessed it ... the signboard had the apostrophe faded and worn off ... :D:eek:hyeah::lol:

Every single day those two years, I laughed as I walked by :eek:hyeah:

@Venkat, this is a good find!! I was looking for another preamp for the NAD ever since I dismantled my earlier preamp project to put the volume pot into the MyRef Gainclone.

--G0bble

and my recent visit to Chail, in parvanu, they were openly selling "poti chawal", I am sure they meant "boti chawal" but I dared not ask.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back