IPAD 2 or Xoom

+1 to what arj said. I've owned an ipad for several months now and the general consensus is that there really is no worthy competitor for it _yet_. And I'm talking about the first generation which got way more powerful. Apple usually has prohibitive price tags but in this case the competition doesn't seem to deliver much bang for buck either. The only thing you should know is that there are some serious hurdles regarding file transfer, etc. So you'll have to jailbreak and setup a few things to fix what Apple didn't get right themselves. You'll also have to cohort with the devil on your system... (iTunes). :)

Go for the iPad 2, thousands of applications and games and the device rocks!!! The Xoom is still very buggy and lacks applications and games.. so don't even think twice.. go for the iPad 2!!!!

If you already have an IOS device like IPhone or Ipod Touch. Keep away from IPAD2. Its basically same experience in a bigger screen. I am a Console gamer, for playing easy and timepass games my IPhone First Gen is sufficient.

If you already have a IOS device, better choice would be an Andriod Tablet. Honeycomb is very good. Still edgy but will improve with further updates.

Right now my bet is on:
1. Notion Ink Adam (only if it is available on retail).
2. XOOM (Only gripe is higher on price)
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9'' (Only after reading Reviews)

HP Touchpad is too cool. But not on my list because lack of applications (will take time).

A Tablet should be atleast 9''+, because 7'' is too limiting for enjoying the graphic poweress and web browsing. IPAD screen is perfect for web browsing (gripe is lack of Flash).

I have more than 100 Apps on my Iphone but I rarely use more than 20 apps. So App count on IOS and Andriod platforms doesnt matter much to many.

Well, i would like to say that the the experience that you have on an iPad and iPhone would differ(having used both of these devices as i work for a company which develops games and apps for these devices) and also considering the graphical capabilities of the iPad 2, i'm assuming lots of awesome games are going to be there in the future compared to the Xoom..

... and sure, app count doesn't matter, but chances of the having apps for your requirement on the appstore is huge compared to the very low number of apps for the Xoom right now...

.. i would say as before, go for the iPad!! :D

The ipad 2 eats every other tablet for lunch in performance. I hate apple but its the thing to buy right now if you are in the market for a tablet. The graphics performance of the new chip in the ipad 2 is astounding. Its on average around 3 times as fast as the competing tegra 2 offerings from moto and others.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back